Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Same. Daft to think he could end up with 50+ England caps given how young he still is.

I think he's a decent centre-mid with an excellent attitude and a great engine but beyond that....? Not a lot. That's not me saying I wouldn't have him in the Newcastle side or whatever. He's not a patch on someone like Johnson though, who can't get a game ahead of him for club or country.

agree about Johnson, I quite like Downing, I always have, while Johnson is unpredictable [which can work 2 ways] and not so steadily consistent as Downing that can be a good thing sometimes, he's got that little bit of something that can win a tight game against the top defenders.

• 7 years later...

:lol: Tbf he’s a top professional and has had one hell of a career. Takes the boring craic in his stride as well, saying that he’s still far and away more interesting than Paul Scholes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Tbf he’s a top professional and has had one hell of a career. Takes the boring craic in his stride as well, saying that he’s still far and away more interesting than Paul Scholes. 

There are bacteria living in rocks 2 miles under the Earths crust that are more interesting than Paul Scholes. 

• Haha 2