Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

I think O'Neill is doing a decent job at Villa and, like Keegan, is generally good for football.

Nothing against Villa, generally quite a likeable club in my eyes.

We have pissed Milner about in the past and if Villa need a right sided player, Milner doesn't want to be here, and we get around £9m, then nobody really loses out.

I am just pleased he played so well last night as that will hopefully help bump up the fee a little bit.

As for replacements, would take any one of SWP, McGeady or Joaquin as these are all more than adequate replacements for him.

I think O'Neill is doing a decent job at Villa and, like Keegan, is generally good for football.

Nothing against Villa, generally quite a likeable club in my eyes.

We have pissed Milner about in the past and if Villa need a right sided player, Milner doesn't want to be here, and we get around £9m, then nobody really loses out.

I am just pleased he played so well last night as that will hopefully help bump up the fee a little bit.

As for replacements, would take any one of SWP, McGeady or Joaquin as these are all more than adequate replacements for him.

Agree'd with all of that, nice one.

Lmfao, I have been banned after two posts.

a record????????

Me too, 2 posts and banned. I only pointed out they are acting like Kaka or Ronaldo was going to them, OH and Milner would struggle to hit their big lump of a centre forward from a corner/cross

As I said in the Coventry thread, last night was the best game I've seen him have for us and that was against lesser opposition so read into that what you will.

9million I'd take their hands off. What you're seeing now for me is the finished article and quite frankly he's not good enough, a good squad player but thats about it.

Bad timing but whether we spend it now or in January it's to good an offer to knock back for a decidedly average player.

Ta,ra, James thanks for the effort.

i think we will get rid of milner and bring in SWP.

be nice but i very much doubt it

be amazing business if we can sell milner for 9mil then bring in SWP for around 10mil.

was he at man city when keegan was manager there?

Nope not a chance
Shaun Wright Phillips' agent claims his client has no desire to join Everton or Manchester City.

Both clubs have been strongly linked with the Chelsea winger of late, with speculation mounting that the England international could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge before the closure of the transfer window.

Having previously enjoyed a successful six-year spell at City, Mark Hughes' men were believed to be favourites to land the talented playmaker.

However, it appears that the 24-year-old is reluctant to rejoin a club currently embroiled in off-field turmoil, while he has also grown accustomed to life in London .

Problems

"He doesn't want to join either of them and we are now discussing the next move to see what we do," said his agent Wayne Lindsay.

"Because of all the problems there [City] and the uncertainty surrounding the place he is unsure.

"He is speaking with the manager [Luiz Felipe Scolari] at the moment but he is settled in London.

i think he would come to us if he gets the opportunity

i also thought he was 26 and im pretty sure he is

Edited by triggy99

As I said in the Coventry thread, last night was the best game I've seen him have for us and that was against lesser opposition so read into that what you will.

9million I'd take their hands off. What you're seeing now for me is the finished article and quite frankly he's not good enough, a good squad player but thats about it.

Bad timing but whether we spend it now or in January it's to good an offer to knock back for a decidedly average player.

Ta,ra, James thanks for the effort.

Exactly how I feel with added concern about lack of squad numbers even if we sign another player.

First of all hi to all the decent fans on here, soft spot for your team especially when compared to the plastic clubs like Spurs, Chelsea......... The racist comment in reference to brum which was made on this thread thread was I suspect a little child you have lurking around on the boards, we all have em.

Milner had a great game last night, work rate, confidence played very well. Suspect it was a farewell, but to the Villa..... I aint so sure, think it smells more of Rafa than MON.

Newcastle and Villa plus Everton are all small achievers who should do better, to say one is bigger or better than the other is just splitting hairs because in all honesty they are all the best of the loosers.

Good luck for the season, your playing well and I must say I am happy for keegan, a true football man. Just hope it all continues and the London media do not get their twisted way. Hope you finish second (behind the Villa :) )

First of all hi to all the decent fans on here, soft spot for your team especially when compared to the plastic clubs like Spurs, Chelsea......... The racist comment in reference to brum which was made on this thread thread was I suspect a little child you have lurking around on the boards, we all have em.

Milner had a great game last night, work rate, confidence played very well. Suspect it was a farewell, but to the Villa..... I aint so sure, think it smells more of Rafa than MON.

Newcastle and Villa plus Everton are all small achievers who should do better, to say one is bigger or better than the other is just splitting hairs because in all honesty they are all the best of the loosers.

Good luck for the season, your playing well and I must say I am happy for keegan, a true football man. Just hope it all continues and the London media do not get their twisted way. Hope you finish second (behind the Villa :) )

we are a bigger club than villa

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...ment-on-Milner/

The PFA has revealed that James Milner was on the brink of a move to Aston Villa two years ago and that the Newcastle winger’s recent transfer request stems from a feeling that he is deserving of an improved contract.

Milner’s wish to leave St James’ Park was made public on Wednesday, although PFA deputy chief executive Mick McGuire has since let it be known that the request was made a week earlier on August 20.

Newcastle released a statement insisting that they are yet to receive an offer for Milner - who has repeatedly been linked with a move to Villa during the current transfer window – that matches their valuation.

"The PFA, who represent James Milner, are disappointed that information regarding James' request for a move, and the circumstances surrounding it, have come to the public's attention, and we feel we have no option but to respond,” said a statement released by McGuire.

"The facts are that James' transfer request was actually handed in on Wednesday August 20, at which point it was asked by Newcastle United to keep the matter private.

"The request was given because the player was looking for an improvement on his contract that reflected his development and his value to the club. There is a meeting between the owner and all relevant people at the club today [Wednesday] when we believed James' request was to be discussed.

"To clarify the situation, James did sign a contract 12 months ago. However this agreement was reached with the club nearly 12 months previous at the point in which Newcastle had agreed to sell James to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day 2006 before canceling the agreement at the 11th hour.

"Since then he has played over 80 games for Newcastle United. All James wanted was a deal that reflected his development and that was in line with Newcastle United's transfer valuation of him."

Quote the racist please.