Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...ment-on-Milner/

The PFA has revealed that James Milner was on the brink of a move to Aston Villa two years ago and that the Newcastle winger’s recent transfer request stems from a feeling that he is deserving of an improved contract.

Milner’s wish to leave St James’ Park was made public on Wednesday, although PFA deputy chief executive Mick McGuire has since let it be known that the request was made a week earlier on August 20.

Newcastle released a statement insisting that they are yet to receive an offer for Milner - who has repeatedly been linked with a move to Villa during the current transfer window – that matches their valuation.

"The PFA, who represent James Milner, are disappointed that information regarding James' request for a move, and the circumstances surrounding it, have come to the public's attention, and we feel we have no option but to respond,” said a statement released by McGuire.

"The facts are that James' transfer request was actually handed in on Wednesday August 20, at which point it was asked by Newcastle United to keep the matter private.

"The request was given because the player was looking for an improvement on his contract that reflected his development and his value to the club. There is a meeting between the owner and all relevant people at the club today [Wednesday] when we believed James' request was to be discussed.

"To clarify the situation, James did sign a contract 12 months ago. However this agreement was reached with the club nearly 12 months previous at the point in which Newcastle had agreed to sell James to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day 2006 before canceling the agreement at the 11th hour.

"Since then he has played over 80 games for Newcastle United. All James wanted was a deal that reflected his development and that was in line with Newcastle United's transfer valuation of him."

So he wants more money or transfer. :)

"The request was given because the player was looking for an improvement on his contract that reflected his development and his value to the club. There is a meeting between the owner and all relevant people at the club today [Wednesday] when we believed James' request was to be discussed.

"To clarify the situation, James did sign a contract 12 months ago. However this agreement was reached with the club nearly 12 months previous at the point in which Newcastle had agreed to sell James to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day 2006 before canceling the agreement at the 11th hour.

"Since then he has played over 80 games for Newcastle United. All James wanted was a deal that reflected his development and that was in line with Newcastle United's transfer valuation of him."

It appears to me the club don't want to give him any extra wedge and have released the statement to stoke up interest..

It appears to me the club don't want to give him any extra wedge and have released the statement to stoke up interest..

100% the correct decision

Guest Stevie

Well I'd rather play for dole money for the toon than be on 50 grand a week playing for a mickey mouse club like them, with wank fans in Britain's shittest big city.

we are a bigger club than villa

And you play in black and white, helped England win the 66 world cup. Won 5 european cups, countless premier leagues. "Oh shit just woke up and I have pissed the bed"

And you play in black and white, helped England win the 66 world cup. Won 5 european cups, countless premier leagues. "Oh shit just woke up and I have pissed the bed"

Are you 6?

tell me, how many people are still employed by the club since any of that happened?

you know, coaches, players, owners etc

Racist. :)

Maybe not, but the Toon's still bigger than Villa :)

we are though. it wasnt that long ago since we were playing in the champions league . Villa are a team that normally finish midtable and you have only started looking better since o'neil has took over.

Quote:

The word removed can fuck off, gone, he's divorced himself from the club, slept with the enemy, he can fuck off. Aston Villa??!?!?!?!??! What have they got we haven't, club, side, support, ambition, fuckin city?!?! If he was black or brummie I could understand it vaguely given the ethnicity of the area, but this is just baffling. Aston Villa?!??! A club who have had 23000 league gates in the last 3 seasons. Close the door on your way you spotty Yorkshire word removed. The timing is a disgrac

The bit that mentions Yorkshire being spotty :) UTV

Edited by tinker

didn't KK say somewhere that he was hoping to reward Milner with a better contract like Taylor got, as he isn't getting paid much at the moment?

It's a bit strange as Keegan was clearly talking about him in pretty glowing terms after he must have known about the transfer request.

I kinda want to see the Owen/Milner interview again now, as thinking about it he didn't seem particularly over the moon in it.

Quote:

The word removed can fuck off, gone, he's divorced himself from the club, slept with the enemy, he can fuck off. Aston Villa??!?!?!?!??! What have they got we haven't, club, side, support, ambition, fuckin city?!?! If he was black or brummie I could understand it vaguely given the ethnicity of the area, but this is just baffling. Aston Villa?!??! A club who have had 23000 league gates in the last 3 seasons. Close the door on your way you spotty Yorkshire word removed. The timing is a disgrac

The bit that mentions Yorkshire being spotty :) UTV

who said that? and i wouldnt say it was racist

Look we have had this argument with all the "bigger clubs", west ham, spurs being the first two to mind, you aint a big a club and neither are villa.

Your ground holds more?

Your history?

Your cup wins?

Last years finish?

This years position?

Seasons in top division?

Money spent?

London's media opinion?

Newspaper column inches?

You are the biggest club in your City and we are the biggest in ours....atm oh and the biggest club on this board is of course NU

Look we have had this argument with all the "bigger clubs", west ham, spurs being the first two to mind, you aint a big a club and neither are villa.

Your ground holds more?

Your history?

Your cup wins?

Last years finish?

This years position?

Seasons in top division?

Money spent?

London's media opinion?

Newspaper column inches?

You are the biggest club in your City and we are the biggest in ours....atm oh and the biggest club on this board is of course NU

didn't KK say somewhere that he was hoping to reward Milner with a better contract like Taylor got, as he isn't getting paid much at the moment?

It's a bit strange as Keegan was clearly talking about him in pretty glowing terms after he must have known about the transfer request.

I kinda want to see the Owen/Milner interview again now, as thinking about it he didn't seem particularly over the moon in it.

No i mean a good few months ago when Taylor was first in negotations about a new contract.

Pretty sure i'm not just making this up :):P

Your ground holds more?

Your history?

Your cup wins?

Last years finish?

This years position?

Seasons in top division?

Money spent?

London's media opinion?

Newspaper column inches?

Triggy's not letting this go (he is right though) :)

No i mean a good few months ago when Taylor was first in negotations about a new contract.

Pretty sure i'm not just making this up :):P

Aye I'm sure you're not (he's certainly said several times he wants to keep him), I mean Keegan was talking very glowingly about Milner last night, but he must have known about the transfer request long before that.

It didn't come across as bigging up a player to sell IMO,

Ok you are right NU are bigger, much bigger, much much bigger, bigger, bigger, bigger and even bigger than that they are..... not massive but but.. gigantic! yes a gigantic club is what NU are. any how back to another huge club forum Spurs....

Ok you are right NU are bigger, much bigger, much much bigger, bigger, bigger, bigger and even bigger than that they are..... not massive but but.. gigantic! yes a gigantic club is what NU are. any how back to another huge club forum Spurs....

not saying we are a massive club but we are certainly bigger than villa