Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Do they understand that Milner has requested a transfer. NUFC have not touted him around or looked to sell him the twat has said he wants to leave.

Only because he's still on what Taylor was on before his recent hike, and will be until 2011 unless Newcastle show some willing to reflect his growth as a player.

He's clearly worth more than Taylor.

He signed a 4 year contract last year which he was obviously happy with then. He can fuck off further if this is just a ploy to get more cash.

However this agreement was reached with the club nearly 12 months previous at the point in which Newcastle had agreed to sell James to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day 2006 before canceling the agreement at the 11th hour."

If we were going to sell why they keep it quiet to begin with?

Maybe they knew public pressure wud tell and once the board knew most people would like him to stay they'd keep him?

I imagine today that keegan made his stance on the matter straight. I'd throw in the towel if players were sold behind my back, how can he possibly do his job if thats the way it is

As I said: NUFC.com will go into mourning if he is sold. They really do wank themselves silly over Milner. All the time. They probably wouldn't even comment at all if it was a different player handing in a transfer request. EDIT: They're right about Smith, Barton and Duff, mind.

The internet is built on opinions - that's why we're here - I don't get why its a problem. They rate Milner more than I do and have a right to say it. I think Steven Taylor is overrated garbage and would shed no tears if he never played again - its all just opinions.

I would also say that like me Biffa comes from a time when all we had to cling on to were players who gave 100% - the fact that we now have seen good players and also have had to endure wasters as they mention doesn't mean that the instinct can be dismissed - see how people have taken an instant shine to Guttierez because of his workrate as another example.

I don't think workrate and attitude excuse mediocrity (see Milner and Taylor) but its still laudable up to a point.

Im in agreement with .com here like, theyve pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. There are others in the queue which should be sold first. Milner is better than Taylor in his position yet because Taylor is a "Geordie", he gets a new contract and people are happy with him.

Let it be put this way. You're working your bollocks off at work, and you're a steady worker. Your mate who has been spouting his mouth off about getting a wage increase is on the same money as you. He does no more work than you do. All of a sudden, your boss gives him a tasty pay rise and all of a sudden, he's driving around in a Brand new M3 while you're still running a company Vectra. You continue working hard thinking that eventually your hard work will be noticed however it never materialises. After a while you get a bit disinterested so you go looking for a new job. You find one and then say you're thinking of leaving having received a better offer.

At this time of the season when we're on the bare bones of our arses, the last thing we want is to start punting players off to other clubs. We'll never bring anyone in to replace them in time.

Im in agreement with .com here like, theyve pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. There are others in the queue which should be sold first. Milner is better than Taylor in his position yet because Taylor is a "Geordie", he gets a new contract and people are happy with him.

Let it be put this way. You're working your bollocks off at work, and you're a steady worker. Your mate who has been spouting his mouth off about getting a wage increase is on the same money as you. He does no more work than you do. All of a sudden, your boss gives him a tasty pay rise and all of a sudden, he's driving around in a Brand new M3 while you're still running a company Vectra. You continue working hard thinking that eventually your hard work will be noticed however it never materialises. After a while you get a bit disinterested so you go looking for a new job. You find one and then say you're thinking of leaving having received a better offer.

At this time of the season when we're on the bare bones of our arses, the last thing we want is to start punting players off to other clubs. We'll never bring anyone in to replace them in time.

they get paid stupids amount of money already though so they shouldnt get greedy

they get paid stupids amount of money already though so they shouldnt get greedy

Its all relative though. Someone in the third world living on a dollar a day would view our striving to get an extra 5k a year as greedy.

You forget Taylor gets plenty of stick too, and it's not the clubs choice to sell, Milner wants to go.

You talk about football as if it's an every day job. It's not. Some people are naturally gifted at the sport and because of this are better players and will earn more money. Nee fucker is doubting Milner's professionalism because i'm sure if he didn't go this transfer window he'd still give has all, what people don't "like" about Milner is that he's simply not good enough. The areas he's lacking in aren't ones he can really improve too much on either - his pace, his final ball. Some people just have it and Jimmy unfortunately doesn't.

Some of the responses in this thread have been OTT. However, it does nark me slightly that he wants a pay rise only 12 months on after a fairly average season.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Not so much about being greedy, just wanting parity. Taylor getting a huge raise is understandably galling for Milner.

If some brown nosing weasel where I worked got a raise for sucking customer cock while fucking up on a regular basis while I got nowt for quietly going about my job, I'd probably start looking at other companies.

The sad thing is that once you get beyond what is obviously enough to have a damn good lifestyle on (say £10k pw) footballer's salaries simply become ego/cock measurements = see Cole/Lampard as the obvious examples taken to a ridiculous degree.

In this day and age you cant really begrudge the performers getting the relevant pay rather than some directors/board members.

In an ideal world of course, tickets/replica kits should be cheaper and thus pumping less money into the clubs.

Im not sure about this one. In one respect, I look at Milner and think, you cant cross or take a corner yet you play on the wing plus you signed a contract not 12 months ago so should be happy with what he's on. Yet, also look at him and think despite all of this he does graft his bollocks off when he plays, never complains, and didnt make his wage issue or transfer request public (like Taylor) and was happy to do it behind closed doors. Im at a bit of a loss though why the clubs gone public with it? So, I can see issues on both sides.

At the moment, we have a thin squad and players like Milner are just what we need. He gives us cover across the the middle and up front, albeit not great cover. As there is a £9M (supposedly) offer on the table Id be tempted to take it if we can get better. That said, Id be happy enough to keep him as well at the moment. I dont know what wage he is on, but as he is playing regular and is meant to be one of the lowest earners, you can see why he is asking for more, but it doesn't get away from the fact that week in week out, despite all his graft, as a winger at least, we need much better.

Im not sure about this one. In one respect, I look at Milner and think, you cant cross or take a corner yet you play on the wing plus you signed a contract not 12 months ago so should be happy with what he's on. Yet, also look at him and think despite all of this he does graft his bollocks off when he plays, never complains, and didnt make his wage issue or transfer request public (like Taylor) and was happy to do it behind closed doors. Im at a bit of a loss though why the clubs gone public with it? So, I can see issues on both sides.

At the moment, we have a thin squad and players like Milner are just what we need. He gives us cover across the the middle and up front, albeit not great cover. As there is a £9M (supposedly) offer on the table Id be tempted to take it if we can get better. That said, Id be happy enough to keep him as well at the moment. I dont know what wage he is on, but as he is playing regular and is meant to be one of the lowest earners, you can see why he is asking for more, but it doesn't get away from the fact that week in week out, despite all his graft, as a winger at least, we need much better.

It seems like it's their way of making sure the world knows he's be tapped up without crying to the FA or media about it.

Whatever happens they need to be sharp aboot it, only a coupla or so days left and we need 3 new players, 4 if Milner goes or our season will gan tits up once the injuries start piling up, like they are now!!

My take is that he has asked for a transfer request to use as leverage on my club. He is using Keegans reputation as brinkmanship in his game of ego massage. i would like to see him get sold for 9 million plus then do a Dyer in his first few games for his new club.

He's always been a good pro and so on but the timing of this is really shitting on the club from a great height imo.

I would also add that theres a lack of an odious agent to blame so you can either assume the PFA are just as slimy or surprise, surprise players are the shitbags we all think they are.

My take is that he has asked for a transfer request to use as leverage on my club. He is using Keegans reputation as brinkmanship in his game of ego massage. i would like to see him get sold for 9 million plus then do a Dyer in his first few games for his new club.

He's always been a good pro and so on but the timing of this is really shitting on the club from a great height imo.

That's my take on it as well. If we could sell him quickly and bring in someone better I wouldn't be arsed to see him go. Good, honest grafter but hardly pivotal to the team