Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Agree with Cacapa, but Rozenthal looked dodgy from day one.. Boumsong had a lot of admirers early doors too. Hands up all those who shouted BOOOM everytime the ball came close to him, now hang your heads!!

However Coloccini looks the part to me. Calm on the ball, seems to be in the right place at the right time, great apperance record. He's exactly what we needed.

Rozy was quite well liked generally (early on) although I do remembering pointing out he was weak and cant tackle after a few games. :) Still, didnt stop people wanting him ahead of Taylor !! :lol:

Everton have made a last-ditch attempt to sabotage Aston Villa's protracted courtship of James Milner, with both clubs yesterday submitting offers in excess of £10million for the Newcastle United player. While neither bid for the England Under-21 winger has been accepted at St James' Park, Newcastle's valuation is close to being met.

Milner, who submitted a transfer request last week after repeated requests to renegotiate his contract were rejected by Dennis Wise, the Newcastle executive director, had been expected to join Martin O'Neill's side before the closure of the transfer window on Monday, but Everton's intervention represents an attractive alternative.

Everton have turned their attentions to Milner after conceding defeat by Liverpool in the race to lure Albert Riera from Espanyol, while Manchester City beat them to the signing of Shaun Wright-Phillips. After a sullen summer in terms of new faces, David Moyes, the manager, is desperate to add pace to his team.

Having publicised details of Milner's request on their official website - a decision that infuriated the 22-year-old's representatives, who had been asked by the club to keep the matter private - it seems unthinkable that Newcastle would block his departure. Wise has already tried and failed to buy out the rights to Leeds United's sell-on clause for a cash lump sum.

Details of Kevin Keegan's meeting with Mike Ashley on Wednesday, which was called to discuss contract negotiations with Milner, Michael Owen and Steve Harper, as well as continuing attempts to bolster the squad, are still to emerge - including confirmation that it actually took place - but the manager will have detailed his dismay at the prospect of further weakening his playing resources.

Keegan has never favoured dispensing with Milner. “He's the last player Newcastle United want to sell and I'm talking about the owner and myself,” the manager said this month. “James Milner won't be leaving here, I'm sure of that.”

That position has now changed, ensuring a renewed sense of urgency before transfer business ends on Monday. After suffering a number of high-profile disappointments, Newcastle have made only four signings and, even before recent developments, Keegan had spoken of wanting “three new players to come in: a defender, a midfielder and a striker, and I certainly don't want to lose anybody”.

Newcastle have been credited with having an interest in Per Ciljan Skjelbred, the Rosenborg and Norway midfield player, Florent Malouda, of Chelsea, and Sebastian Larsson, of Birmingham City, but time is running short for the club to add quality to their ranks.

Milner is included in the squad to play away to Arsenal tomorrow, but that could change. Newcastle have had a third bid of £4million for Stephen Warnock, the left back, rejected by Blackburn Rovers.

Everton, who yesterday confirmed that they have completed the signing of Segundo Castillo, the Ecuador midfield player on a season-long loan from Red Star Belgrade, are also showing an interest in Victor Obinna, the Nigeria winger, who joined Inter Milan from Chievo Verona earlier this week, but is expected to be made available for loan by José Mourinho, the Inter coach.

They have, however, had a second bid - understood to be of about £9million - for Stéphane Mbia, the Cameroon defender, rejected by Rennes. “We have received a good offer from Everton, but we are not selling,” Pierre Dreossi, the French club's general manager, said. “We are going to seek a financial accord with Stephane so he can stay another year. The transfer fee was interesting. But we made him understand for the final time that he is staying at Rennes.”

ouch 10 million for a winger that has no pace and can't cross a ball!

sweet! :lol:

Aye!!Lets go land skjelbred who can play in middleand on right wing and warnock...MA would probs only have to put his hand in his pocket for a couple of mil

nearly 6

You seriously think owts gonna happen? lmao

DREAM IN:

Taiwo

Moutinho

Derdiyok

OUT:

Smith

Ameobi

Milner and owen sign new contract and 3 points against the gooners!

NIGHTMARE IN: None

OUT: Milner

Owen runs out contract, martins needs knee opp and we get tonked off the gooners!

Just as well im a dreamer ay :icon_lol:

I heard villa and everton both agreed to pay 12M!!

:lol:

:icon_lol:

:)

pretty cool huh

The Italian lad Zamblera is something special my spies tell me. :icon_lol:

At city for a medical

Its Zabaleta, Zamblera is a youngish striker in our ranks. :)

Oh yea lol :lol: sorry my mistake ( i just want to be involved :icon_lol: )

The Italian lad Zamblera is something special my spies tell me. :icon_lol:

At city for a medical

Its Zabaleta, Zamblera is a youngish striker in our ranks. :)

Oh yea lol :lol: sorry my mistake ( i just want to be involved :icon_lol: )

:icon_lol:

i think leeds are getting a fir bit via a sell on clause hence the inflated priice.

i don't want him to go unless we've got someone better coming in to replace him. we're already thin for wide players.