Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

I'm happy for us to be getting offers for Milner.

Won't be happy if he leaves though ;)

Unless we get a tidy sum, and use it wisely reinvesting in some creative talent.

I don't think £6m is anywhere near Milner's valuation considering what some players have been going for.

Looking at Keane, certainly you could bang a couple more million on it.

England U21 coach Stuart Pearce has included Newcastle duo Steven Taylor and James Milner in his squad to face Slovenia at Hull City's KC Stadium on August 19th.

Are they ever going to become ineligible? They're both getting on for 23 ffs.

What with the Carling cup too, that's 5 games in the first 13 days of the season for these 2.

A game every 2 or 3 days for 2 weeks.

;)

Last season they can play isn't it?

Is it all season or just to the new year?

Up until the Euros next summer I'd imagine.

"Players born in 1986 or later are eligible for the 2007-09 UEFA European U-21 Championship."

Ridiculous.

They'll be nigh on 24!

Last season they can play isn't it?

Is it all season or just to the new year?

Up until the Euros next summer I'd imagine.

Aye, (I think) if you're eligible at the start of a qualifying campaign you can play until the end of that tournament. Otherwise you'd have players becoming ineligible from squad to squad.

I'd take £9m in a heartbeat. We could comfortably find better than him for that.

could WE though?

We already have in Jonas. So yes we could. But you wouldn't like that as it means you couldn't be negative about the club.

• 2 weeks later...

He should not be starting for us. I can't get away with him anymore. I've given the lad too many chances, he works hard of which I appreciate and will always give the lad time for but he doesn't have the required quality at all.

He's 22 for fucks sake.

But when you need a scapegoat...

I know he's only 22 but if you look at how much he has progressed since he's joined us, well he hasn't really, and he has been playing an awful lot of first team football.

Saying that I'd still keep him for this season.

He's 22 for fucks sake.

Eh? What's his age got to do with it? If you're old enough you're good enough.

And it's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat, he's just not a very good player, who if we want to progress as a club should not be in our starting XI.

He's been at the club for 4 years is it now? He hasn't come on one bit. Although obviously that's probably not his fault, same with Taylor, yes?

He's 22 for fucks sake.

And it's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat, he's just not a very good player, who if we want to progress as a club should not be in our starting XI.

He's been at the club for 4 years is it now? He hasn't come on one bit. Although obviously that's probably not his fault, same with Taylor, yes?

Milner just needs to get his final ball sorted, his final ball has improved but he needs to improve his consistency.

I would also say that Taylor has come on quite a bit, although he does need to iron out the creases.

They haven't improved as much as you would have like them to but footballers do progress, it's not like they stop at 22.

He's 22 for fucks sake.

Milner just needs to get his final ball sorted, his final ball has improved but he needs to improve his consistency.

I would also say that Taylor has come on quite a bit, although he does need to iron out the creases.

They haven't improved as much as you would have like them to but footballers do progress, it's not like they stop at 22.

Oh is that all? For a winger I'd say that's quite a big thing to sort out.

Don't forget his inability to consistently beat a man or his general play not being very good.

Obviously he's a scapegoat for the win today though based on that.