Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

He's 22 for fucks sake.

But when you need a scapegoat...

Eh? What's his age got to do with it? If you're old enough you're good enough.

And it's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat, he's just not a very good player, who if we want to progress as a club should not be in our starting XI.

He's been at the club for 4 years is it now? He hasn't come on one bit. Although obviously that's probably not his fault, same with Taylor, yes?

Milner just needs to get his final ball sorted, his final ball has improved but he needs to improve his consistency.

I would also say that Taylor has come on quite a bit, although he does need to iron out the creases.

They haven't improved as much as you would have like them to but footballers do progress, it's not like they stop at 22.

Oh is that all? For a winger I'd say that's quite a big thing to sort out.

Don't forget his inability to consistently beat a man or his general play not being very good.

Obviously he's a scapegoat for the win today though based on that.

Sad as It is we don't really have the best crossers. Geremi is terrible and can't beat the first man 80 % of the time.

I would say Milner beats his man regularly enough and plays decent attacking football.

As much as there are somethings missing in his game we aren't going to get anyone better by the look of it & Milner will only get better.

My fault for forgetting the rest of our midfield are flawless though.

He's 22 for fucks sake.

And it's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat, he's just not a very good player, who if we want to progress as a club should not be in our starting XI.

He's been at the club for 4 years is it now? He hasn't come on one bit. Although obviously that's probably not his fault, same with Taylor, yes?

Milner just needs to get his final ball sorted, his final ball has improved but he needs to improve his consistency.

I would also say that Taylor has come on quite a bit, although he does need to iron out the creases.

They haven't improved as much as you would have like them to but footballers do progress, it's not like they stop at 22.

Don't forget his inability to consistently beat a man or his general play not being very good.

Sad as It is we don't really have the best crossers. Geremi is terrible and can't beat the first man 80 % of the time.

I would say Milner beats his man regularly enough and plays decent attacking football.

As much as there are somethings missing in his game we aren't going to get anyone better by the look of it & Milner will only get better.

geremi put a few really good balls in today. thats a few more than milners none.

Edited by triggy99

He's 22 for fucks sake.

Milner hasn't improved in 4 years now though.

Geremi is a better player than Milner despite not having the legs, and once again proved today has that end product. Something Milner doesn't. Once Geremi came on Beye also played a lot better as he had a lot more confidence in his partner in front of him.

Decent attacking football? What is your definition of that? Occasionally beating your man, then once you have done so putting in a shocking final ball. Aye you're right.

We could easily get better players than Milner in from the continent, as Jonas quite easily shows. I'd keep him for now due to how late the window is but if there is no improvement by next summer I'd peddle him while he still has some value and bring someone else in.

i think milner gets a bit of unfair stick at times.

yes - his final ball is terrible at times which for a winger is all important but hes hard working, willing to track back and can play across the entire midfield.

good squad player for me but he needs to work on the 'winger' part of his game. am sure the keegan will be working on that with him.

if he can improve his passing and crossing we'd have an excellent player worth a lot more than the 9m currently being quoted.

Is Geremi suddenly a decent cross like?

Is he fuck, he's terrible.

One or two balls today doesn't change him into some kind of world beater like.

Is Geremi suddenly a decent cross like?

Is he fuck, he's terrible.

One or two balls today doesn't change him into some kind of world beater like.

No he clearly isn't terrible.

Did I once say he was a world beater? No I clearly never, you're just spouting shite.

How many times last season did Geremi spot the run of Owen and set him up? A couple at least off the top of my head. Geremi has a far better footballing brain and ability to pick out a pass than James Milner does.

I would say Milner beats his man regularly enough

Have to disagree there like. His corners are especially renowned for going nowhere but to the defender on the near post. Plus, he doesn't have nearly enough pace to play on the wing. Having said that, I don't particularly think he has the quality to play in the centre either. I do like him though; never gives up and he's always tracking back and helping to defend but graft can only get you so far. I think we need to be looking to sell next season and if we can get silly money for him, even better.

I still think Milner is decent and needs to be maintained.

What is he decent at though? I'll give you he works hard, which is something I do admire him for as anyone who grafts for the shirt I will have time for. But apart from that what is there?

What is he decent at though? I'll give you he works hard, which is something I do admire him for as anyone who grafts for the shirt I will have time for. But apart from that what is there?

Theres plenty there for a lad with a lot of time to develop in my opinion.

He's not the fastest but I would say he has decent pace, a decent mind for the game, good temperament, he knows when to hold it up and plays some decent balls.

His final ball has improved but he only needs to improve his consistency to top it off.

I think Sir Bobby saw a decent player in Milner and he will develop.

Theres a reason why Aston Villa bid £9m and there is a reason it was refused.

He's not the fastest but I would say he has decent pace, a decent mind for the game, good temperament, he knows when to hold it up and plays some decent balls.

His final ball has improved but he only needs to improve his consistency to top it off.

When did that happen like?

I hate it when we counter and the ball goes to Milner as I know it's going to ruin any potential attacking threat we have.

I hate it when we counter and the ball goes to Milner as I know it's going to ruin any potential attacking threat we have.

About 2 weeks ago.

It was £9.5m IIRC.

About 2 weeks ago.

It was £9.5m IIRC.

I don't ever recall that being confirmed rather than it being idle press speculation. Of which I don't believe as no way someone would offer that much money for him.

About 2 weeks ago.

It was £9.5m IIRC.

If it's more than paper talk and we've turned a bid of that amount down then whoever made the decision is clearly wrong in the head.

If it's more than paper talk and we've turned a bid of that amount down then whoever made the decision is clearly wrong in the head.

;) Decent squad player and a likeable bloke but he doesn't really offer anything special IMO.

He's got no final ball, no trick and he's not fast. Fatal flaws for a winger I would have thought. I'd take £9mil for him if I knew for a fact we had more bodies coming in.

I like him, but he's playing first team football since he was 17 or so. He will never cut it as a top class winger due to his shite crossing and lack of pace. His work ethic/fitness is top drawer though.

He'll not make it as a striker either. I reckon he needs to be tested along-side Butt in midfield, or reduced to a squad player if we can replace him with better.

Id like to keep him but I think him no more than a solid squad player. Id happily see Jonas and zog on the wings with Milner on the bench as cover across the middle. Id usually say sell him for that kinda cash though I think we need more depth.

Id like to keep him but I think him no more than a solid squad player. Id happily see Jonas and zog on the wings with Milner on the bench as cover across the middle. Id usually say sell him for that kinda cash though I think we need more depth.

I hope that's why we are keeping him because getting £9m would be daylight robbery.

Can't cross, can't take a corner, can't take a free kick, scores once in an orange triangular shaped moon.

Sell !

His corners are pretty woeful like. I thought at Man Utd Guthrie had started taking them but I noticed Milner take a couple yesterday and then Zog went on to take them. He just cannot get past that first man on a corner. Strange, as when he shoots at goal he typically skies it...

Can't cross, can't take a corner, can't take a free kick, scores once in an orange triangular shaped moon.

Sell !

His corners are pretty woeful like. I thought at Man Utd Guthrie had started taking them but I noticed Milner take a couple yesterday and then Zog went on to take them. He just cannot get past that first man on a corner. Strange, as when he shoots at goal he typically skies it...

;)