Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

I really like the guy, has a great attitude and work ethic and when Roeder et al fucked him about he just kept quiet and got on with things, and i'd keep him for now as our squad is already way to thin and i think he is ok, he can play a part this season but shouldn't be first choice if we want to progress.

Because he has no pace (not his fault mind!) and his crossing/corners are really poor, which by the age he is now you could have worked on and arent likely to improve much if they haven't already.

I really like the guy, has a great attitude and work ethic and when Roeder et al fucked him about he just kept quiet and got on with things, and i'd keep him for now as our squad is already way to thin and i think he is ok, he can play a part this season but shouldn't be first choice if we want to progress.

Because he has no pace (not his fault mind!) and his crossing/corners are really poor, which by the age he is now you could have worked on and arent likely to improve much if they haven't already.

He's a top class professional, shame he's not a top class player.

Can't cross, can't take a corner, can't take a free kick, scores once in an orange triangular shaped moon.

Sell !

His corners are pretty woeful like. I thought at Man Utd Guthrie had started taking them but I noticed Milner take a couple yesterday and then Zog went on to take them. He just cannot get past that first man on a corner. Strange, as when he shoots at goal he typically skies it...

Before the Man Utd game, when was the last time we scored a header direct from a corner? Guthrie deserves his place in the team for that alone!

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that it has received a written transfer request from James Milner.

The Club is very disappointed that James sees his footballing future as being away from St. James' Park. He is a valued member of the squad and it is only a year ago that he signed an improved long-term contract.

We have yet to receive an offer for James that has matched our valuation of him.

However, should such an offer be received then the Club would be reluctantly forced to consider it, given James' apparent desire to leave.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1376531,00.html

This just seems a crazy decision from Milner. It's the day after he played superbly and gained lots of praise from fans and all of a sudden he wants out.

Anyone else a little mystified by this? Probably been egged on by his agent.

Whilst I am far from his biggest fan I am pretty pissed off he has waited until now.

It forces our hand to sell rather than having an unhappy player on our books and with very little time to find a replacement. If he really wanted to go why has he waited until now to hand in his request.

This just seems a crazy decision from Milner. It's the day after he played superbly and gained lots of praise from fans and all of a sudden he wants out.

Anyone else a little mystified by this? Probably been egged on by his agent.

Oh wait, just been reminded he hasn't got an agent. :)

Really unsure what this is about. He could have picked a better time to submit it also.

Fair play to him for putting in the request(thus negating a loyalty bonus). Not ideal timing, but his head has obviously been turned by Villa or Pool.

Great work rate, versatilty and a terrific attitude aside, he's not good enough to be a top class winger.

Really need some fucking bodies in now.

The kids a cunt for me like. Any player who hands a transfer request in this close to end of a transfer window is. It now leaves us in a position where we are pretty much forced to sell without the necessary time to sign a replacement. Although I suppose it serves us right for arsing him about last time we were going to sell him.

That said I still don't rate him (any winger who's crossing is as bad as his is no good to us) and won't be disapointed to see him leave (as has been the case with most of the players who have left here in the last few years.

Malouda in his place perhaps? I admit I haven't seen that much of him since he signed for Chelski and I would prefer we went for Wright-Phillips.

I don't want him to go but if he's off we need to be getting decent money for him.

If Anton Ferdinand can go for £8m (A similar age, half the U21 caps) then I want more than £9m for Milner.

£9m is good money I know but this transfer window has been almost retarded regarding fees.