Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Don't be silly. To get a full picture, you need to know exactly how many points per game you need from your remaining games in order to get a completely arbitrary total end of season points total of 40.

I reckon it'll be <38 tbh

When we lose tonight and our ppg drops further, will we be in the shit then? I can't keep up any more.

It'll still be better than Norwich & sunderland's

But we will still be second bottom and even further behind them yes?

We'll still be second bottom, but level on points, so not really further behind them.

Unless of course we end up on the same points as them at the end of the season and don't improve our goal difference (or see them worsen theirs).

So given that goal difference does count towards our league position if we're level on points, your answer to my last question should have just been yes.

That's probably why goal difference is shown on the league table.

You know, we'll probably bloody win today , as that seems the way this year. Lose hope and then see a far far improved performance , then lose again. I'm still blaming the ownership and state of the squad and not mcclaren (alright ewark?)

Fair point, but it depends what your looking at, long or short term. Like Chelsea are poor according to the league but they've been very strong since mourinho left

Yeah but while how well they've done since Jose left obviously effects their league position, it doesn't wipe out what happened earlier. The league table tells you how well a team does over a season. Form guides can provide interesting information but the table is all important.

You know, we'll probably bloody win today , as that seems the way this year. Lose hope and then see a far far improved performance , then lose again. I'm still blaming the ownership and state of the squad and not mcclaren (alright ewark?)

Alright Skybos, let it go.

11 games to go, most of which are against teams in the bottom half. Nows the time to make a Hail Mary and try to get a new manager bounce. Should have been done before the 3 week break tbh

To be told after last night that we are making 'progress' is offensive

To be honest, we should have sacked him after the Chelsea mauling. 18 days for the new man to get to grips with the team. His away form alone should be cause for dismissal.

To be honest, we should have sacked him after the Chelsea mauling. 18 days for the new man to get to grips with the team. His away form alone should be cause for dismissal.

That's what I just said bitch tits

You worried that you're opinions are in line with mine?

Repeating what I just said would suggest yours are in line with mine ;)

You would think Ashley would have learned that 8 games isn't long enough to turn a season round

A quick glance at the PpG table suggests we should keep him on board for the battle ahead.

A quick glance at the PpG table suggests we should keep him on board for the battle ahead.

:finger:

Who to bring in though? Whoever it might be, it would surely be a short term deal? 'Arry?