Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Ashley will look at his performance at Leicester before the sack and the fact he signed 90% of the players they have atm

Less than no chance he can replicate that a second time however, especially not with the egos in our dressing room

:lol: Ashley seems to get all of his football references from 10 to 20 years ago. I bet he still does "loadsamoney" jokes at Sports Direct board meetings.

:lol:

Pearson will be living off his Leicester days. Despite being so close to taking them down.

I don't want that arrogant bullet headed cunt here. I'd hate to be put in a position where I have to start liking him.

He was only a bit part coach here for a short while and I couldn't stand the cunt, then. :lol:

He has to go, he's clearly lost the fans, he appears to have lost the players, and with his selections it's evident he's lost the plot. We've 10 games to survive (which is appalling given the quality in the squad and the suggested aims at the beginning of the season) now's the time to bring in a steady hand like Moyes or whomever.

Yeah, but he's not going, is he? Ashley has never made a sound managerial appointment deliberately and he's never made a decision in a timely fashion.

I just don't get why a man who, on the face of things, seems to be an honourable man wouldn't resign? If the normally taciturn Match of the Day pundits are saying you're not a manager, I think it's time to hang up the clipboard.

Christ, he's widely respected as an excellent coach, a great No2, why wouldn't you just be that? Be the best fucking Assistant manager in the league? I'd rather be loved for my limited success than hated for my failure.

fwiw I can't see us surviving if he's not gone before Leicester.

He has to go, he's clearly lost the fans, he appears to have lost the players, and with his selections it's evident he's lost the plot. We've 10 games to survive (which is appalling given the quality in the squad and the suggested aims at the beginning of the season) now's the time to bring in a steady hand like Moyes or whomever.

Yeah, but he's not going, is he? Ashley has never made a sound managerial appointment deliberately and he's never made a decision in a timely fashion.

I just don't get why a man who, on the face of things, seems to be an honourable man wouldn't resign? If the normally taciturn Match of the Day pundits are saying you're not a manager, I think it's time to hang up the clipboard.

Christ, he's widely respected as an excellent coach, a great No2, why wouldn't you just be that? Be the best fucking Assistant manager in the league? I'd rather be loved for my limited success than hated for my failure.

fwiw I can't see us surviving if he's not gone before Leicester.

I honestly think he has messed his own mind up with the mind games etc. He's deluded.

This is a novel idea but one I'm prepared to back. Walking in a managerless wonderland.

:lol: if you're reading this Lee, think of the money you'd save! No compo before or after!

I don't see why anyone thinks he should walk. He'll back himself to get us out of this position or else he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has in the game. He's probably wrong, but he wouldn't be doing the job if he didn't think he could do it.

I don't see why anyone thinks he should walk. He'll back himself to get us out of this position or else he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has in the game. He's probably wrong, but he wouldn't be doing the job if he didn't think he could do it.

Anyone selecting Gouffran isn't thinking clearly about the situation

Yep. He wont resign. He obviously thinks he can turn it around and he wouldnt get a pay off. No chance.

Charnley is probably pacing the hallways now desperate to sack him.

"Ok Lee, you can do this. Come on son. *slaps his own face*

"Morning Lee"

"Hi Shteve. I've been thinking long and hard about this.......you have my full support...Got get em tiger. You're the man"

He did resign from Forest and Twente when he realised how shit he was.

Didn't he walk from Twente?

It doesn't matter that he's resigned in the past. That might even strengthen his resolve to stay as he won't want to become known as a serial quitter. This might he his last chuck of the dice.