Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

It's utterly amazing that it has been 48 hours since the Bournemouth match and the club are still no closer to making up their mind on him.

they still have to find time in the otherwise busy schedule for McClaren to present his case, don't forget. Why rush? What this situation needs is some serious contemplation and reflection time.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Ashley is deliberately keeping quiet, loving McClaren sweating on his job and knowing Charnley is also sweating on what to do next and enjoying seeing his dogsbody squirm.

It's utterly amazing that it has been 48 hours since the Bournemouth match and the club are still no closer to making up their mind on him.

This is Lee Charnley, the man who can't run a bath yet finds himself in charge of a football club.

i honestly can't quite believe they're taking their time to let McClaren present his case to Charnley, like it isn't obvious that he's guilty of crimes against football. It was plain on Saturday for all to see. He's lost the players and we're down if we keep him on. Get the fucker sacked already. There are quality managers waiting in the wings who could take over, not that I expect us to get someone like Moyes, Benitez or Rogers in.

i honestly can't quite believe they're taking their time to let McClaren present his case to Charnley, like it isn't obvious that he's guilty of crimes against football. It was plain on Saturday for all to see. He's lost the players and we're down if we keep him on. Get the fucker sacked already. There are quality managers waiting in the wings who could take over, not that I expect us to get someone like Moyes, Benitez or Rogers in.

They'll not appoint anyone, Cathword will act up for a couple of games, if he gets a point they'll stick with him, if he loses both games then they'll start to think about who might come in and do a job on the cheap with 5 or 6 games to go.

When it all, inevitably, goes pear shaped, will McClaren the Board member have to ring McClaren the coach to sack himself?

They haven't thought this through, have they?

He's probably put his phone on silent.

All I hope for is a miracle and somehow for things to turn around. I think Shearer hit it dead on.

I cant see a manager change happening, and I don't see the Manager as actually having any real difference, its the regime that's rotton and mr S is on the board too. It's likely he'll lose coach job, but stay on the board! An insane situation.

Team selection aside - it was the same core of reliable players that put in a stint again (and unfortunately for some on here, Colback was one of them) - Jaanmatt, Elliot, Taylor, Mitrovic (kind of), Colback , Shelvey were our team at the weekend. 6 out of 11 isn't good enough.

Edited by scoobos

I was really optimistic this year, to be honest every year before, since Pardew came, I've bet on relegation (I know, I know)....

Edited by scoobos

Our Board consists of Charnley Carr and Moncur. A yes man, an old age pensioner and a lickspittle. No wonder were about to get relegated with that mich horsepower at the helm

Kitman with you except the OAP bit - experience is what is wanted isn't it? If you're saying all old people are slow or have memory loss you can kiss mine.

we have a team of scouts right? or is it seriously just Carr?

Edited by scoobos

Kitman with you except the OAP bit - experience is what is wanted isn't it? If you're saying all old people are slow or have memory loss you can kiss mine.

He can kiss your memory loss?

I'm not against old people if they're doing the business, but I think Carr's lost it. If he ever had it in the first place. Still we're the club that welcomes mediocrity and failure so his job is safe.

Charnley is now a bigger immediate problem for this club than Ashley is. He's a fucking schoolboy of an MD, for fuck sake. I've seen more decisive rocks.

Edited by Rayvin