Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Bloody hell :lol: 

Haven't seen too much of Ten Hag's teams tbh though he does seem highly rated. Not sure what to make of him with this though. Can they get Brucey alongside him and get a dream team going?

• Haha 2

McClaren has always been well regarded as a coach tbf, shite manager but that doesn't necessarily translate between the two roles. 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2017 at 18:33, rogerbarton said:

:D If he gets another job he's going to take some shifting as the biggest fraud going.

Newcastle United Bruce GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

McClaren has always been well regarded as a coach tbf, shite manager but that doesn't necessarily translate between the two roles. 

Aye, Brian Kidd springs to mind too. I think it’s quite telling, if true, about the state of things behind the scenes there if the next manager is already being told who he can and can’t have in terms of back room staff. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, Brian Kidd springs to mind too. I think it’s quite telling, if true, about the state of things behind the scenes there if the next manager is already being told who he can and can’t have in terms of back room staff. 

Although it may be wise to let him know just what an own goal Schteve would be.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

The guff on the Beeb about Ten Haag been the first manager since Fergie others should fear blah blah.

Fuck off man.  He still has cunts like Maguire etc to contend with.  

The media always blows smoke up their arse tbh. 

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Although it may be wise to let him know just what an own goal Schteve would be.

He’s going to need someone to blame

• Like 3

No doubt ten Haag is a good coach, but I don't think Man United's issues are with the man picking the team. It's the men picking the transfer targets. Look at Man City and Liverpool. Yes, they've got excellent coaches, but their transfer record has been, on the whole, very good. Buying players that fit the ethos of the clubs. Sure those two clubs have made mistakes, but they've not been forced to field those mistakes every fucking game. 

Pogba, Ronaldo, Sancho are all good players, but they're just not performing at all. Chiefly, imo, because they're not capable of complimentary styles of play. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No doubt ten Haag is a good coach, but I don't think Man United's issues are with the man picking the team. It's the men picking the transfer targets. Look at Man City and Liverpool. Yes, they've got excellent coaches, but their transfer record has been, on the whole, very good. Buying players that fit the ethos of the clubs. Sure those two clubs have made mistakes, but they've not been forced to field those mistakes every fucking game. 

Pogba, Ronaldo, Sancho are all good players, but they're just not performing at all. Chiefly, imo, because they're not capable of complimentary styles of play. 

Wasn't Maguire an Ole sighing?  I.e not come from above?

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wasn't Maguire an Ole sighing?  I.e not come from above?

I've no idea. But on paper he wasn't a terrible signing.

• Like 1