Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

tumblr_lflxjcyCoj1qduqpt.gif

It was 'Chinese, Japanese, don't forget to wash your knees.'

Gemmill once more betraying his middle class roots.

I thought that too. Didn't make sense then either.

Some of McClarens post match premiership game comments...

Southampton (h) 2-2

"Learned a great deal the club is looking forward to a new aproach"

Swansea (a) 2-0

"Learned nothing except we need to keep 11 players on the pitch"

Manchester United (a) 0-0

"A solid platform to build on"

Arsenal (h) 0-1

"We're not a dirty side" (7 yellows & 1 red card)

West Ham (a) 2-0

"In terms of organisation & discipline we didn't show what we have learned" "we have learned a lot"

Watford (h) 1-2

"Unhappy with defeat club is getting better despite daunting fixture list ahead" "there is no crisis at Newcastle United"

Chelsea (h) 2-2

"More hard work required before we can turn the corner" "thinks he got the balance right between attack & defence wants the same again against Man City"

Man City (a) 6-1

"We were unlucky last week & this week our season begins now"

• 1 month later...

I feel bad for McClaren in a way, I know he knew what he was getting himself into woth Ashley but the playing staff has a quitting mentality to it from the Kings era and it's been well ingrained in the squad especially as most know there's no chance they will be dropped.

Sissoko has probably tried in about 10 games in the last 3 year and he is clearly undroppable as well as thinking he should be at PSG.

I have to ask here: Siem de Jong. Is he a poor player for us? Is he just never fit because he's always crocked? I don't know if he is a poor players because the only time I've ever seen him play live is when he's come on as a sub and he's just come back from injury so he's unfit.

If he's fit and he isn't a poor player, why can't McClaren just drop Sissoko and play de Jong in midfield? That's with changing the current system that we're playing, I'm definitely not saying hoy him on the right where Sissoko has been, but just drop Sissoko and play him?

He was instantly made vice-captain last seasons and has come from Ajax, so I don't understand really.

I never seem to with this club.

Edited by Haydnator

I have to ask here: Siem de Jong. Is he a poor player for us? Is he just never fit because he's always crocked? I don't know if he is a poor players because the only time I've ever seen him play live is when he's come on as a sub and he's just come back from injury so he's unfit.

If he's fit and he isn't a poor player, why can't McClaren just drop Sissoko and play de Jong in midfield? That's with changing the current system that we're playing, I'm definitely not saying hoy him on the right where Sissoko has been, but just drop Sissoko and play him?

He was instantly made vice-captain last seasons and has come from Ajax, so I don't understand really.

I think the King played him too early and his thigh went. The King had a habit of that. Having said that youd have thought now would be the time to give him a run, hes been on the bench for most of the season.

McClaren should get a skinhead, no one will take him seriously with that absurd vol au vent up top.

:lol: aye, he's not fooling anyone with that wispy combover

Edited by Dr Gloom

Still don't think de Jong is a central midfielder. He's a more static number 10. So he's more Nolan than Cabaye.