Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

ironically on paper he's probably the best candidate for the England job after Capello

He was an awful candidate when he actually got the job..

Because he forgot to do it with an Italian accent tbh.

ironically on paper he's probably the best candidate for the England job after Capello

:lol:

I hope he get's a chance to manage in Japan.

WHY YOU NO WIN NO MORE?! :icon_lol:

Or North Korea:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lost the dressing room, to coin a cliché - different players taking penalties to the ones he wanted, etc. Apparently he's spent €54 million since the start of the season :lol: to get them to one point above the relegation zone.

Lost the dressing room, to coin a cliché - different players taking penalties to the ones he wanted, etc. Apparently he's spent €54 million since the start of the season :lol: to get them to one point above the relegation zone.

"It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton. Or, "It takeshhh a lot of monney to luk thish cheap."-Dolly Parton impersonating Steve McClaren.

Worth a punt on the West Brom job though. Can see that happening.

Shacked, yesh for shure as we shay in my country.

Saw a piccy of him on the beeb. Looks like he's been hitting the bottle too much....there's the look of Steve Bruce's watery eyes and purple complexion about him.....

• 4 years later...

CGoxU0fUgAAybdM.png

Very similar record in terms of goals scored points won, but far better defensively and none of the lows as low as we've had recently. I know he had plenty to spend at Boro and won't get anything like that backing at Newcastle but he has a crowd/stadium worth twice as many home points as they had.

CGotPaGWQAA5bd8.png

Averaged a few points less than Pardew, but lost a smaller proportion of games too.

Cant help but think we're going to have a more or less same level of results under him than we did with Pardew, as evidenced by those stats.

Will just have to content ourselves with slightly better football and the fact that the manager is not that big of a dickhead.

HF, if you have the data to hand in your crypt of stats (and yes I imagine it has a hammer horror type creaking door). What is McLarens record at the clubs he's been at in last few years compared to the previous incumbent at those clubs ??

I think that would be a more appropriate comparison than Boro from 10+ years ago. What effect, good or bad, did Schteve have on clubs he was retained by.

Then again he did sign a strikeforce consisting of Michael Ricketts and Massimo Maccarone. Maybe it's no bad thing that he doesn't get the final say in transfers.

HF, if you have the data to hand in your crypt of stats (and yes I imagine it has a hammer horror type creaking door). What is McLarens record at the clubs he's been at in last few years compared to the previous incumbent at those clubs ??

I think that would be a more appropriate comparison than Boro from 10+ years ago. What effect, good or bad, did Schteve have on clubs he was retained by.

Kenny Dalglish?

Then again he did sign a strikeforce consisting of Michael Ricketts and Massimo Maccarone. Maybe it's no bad thing that he doesn't get the final say in transfers.

So thats why Carr is so involved in all this :lol: