Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

I agree with most of that, Howay. The attitude of the squad has been in decline over the last four years and the hope was that bringing in a new manager and an entirely new coaching staff would give the players the kick up the ass that they needed but we've seen very little evidence to show that is the case. The squad does need a nucleus of strong leaders in there. If Colo, Tiote and De Jong are the best we have then we're truly fucked.

Edited by ewerk

Yep. I have sympathy for McClaren. I suspect he might be a better coach than a manager but if the players cant be arsed then it'll only go one way. Our only hope of survival is someone who can come in and actually motivate this rabble and get them to work for each other but i genuinely dont know if that is possible.

Some of the body language and visible lack of effort is scary.

Edited by Holden McGroin

How do you motivate these cunts though? Seriously? They have whatever they want, they know they're playing for a club with no ambition or aspirations, they know they have no hope of any silverware, they're playing for an evil tyrant. Unless we can get them all addicted to heroin, I just don't know what's going to spur them into life.

It reminds be a bit of the Gullit era. Just getting bummed every week without any fight. There are a few players that arent good enough to be in the team but the way they just continually collapse after conceding a goal is evidence they have no fight or desire in them.

Edited by Holden McGroin

How do you motivate these cunts though? Seriously? They have whatever they want, they know they're playing for a club with no ambition or aspirations, they know they have no hope of any silverware, they're playing for an evil tyrant. Unless we can get them all addicted to heroin, I just don't know what's going to spur them into life.

Motivation for our superstars? :lol: As if.

A night out with Rihanna/Tulisa* if they win.

A night out with the Fish if they lose.

*just guessing a footballers shag wish, tbh.

Ashley should build a cooler.

Lose a game, 2 days in the box.

That;s a bit harsh because besides these trying times for the club, when I watch us play, I sometimes think I'm watching Barcelona out there with the likes of Neymar, Suarez and Messi.

Review of the season so far game by game.

Southampton (h) D 2-2 - Gallant draw from our point of view. Players looked up for it and we played decent stuff. Still were evidently suspect defensively. Mitrovic looks mental.

Swansea (a) L 2-0 - Janmaat got himself sent off for being an absolute spastic. Ten men, what can you do. Could have been 3 or 4. Mitrovic kicks off. Gets booked, again.

Manchester United (a) D 0-0 - Defended excellently. Mitrovic hit the bar, Perez came close and Thauvin almost nicked it. Great performance.

Northampton (LC) (h) W 4-1 - An untroubled dispatching of lower league opposition. Never managed that under Pardew.

Arsenal (h) L 0-1 - A debatable sending off of Mitrovic in the 16th minute had us backs to the wall. Defended excellently. Brilliant cohesion. A change in the way we approached games perhaps?

West Ham (a) L 2-0 - Was it fuck. A Pardew/Carveresque performance. Shite.

Watford (h) L 1-2 - See above.

Sheffield Wednesday (LC) (h) L 0-1 - An absolute shower of shite. Worst performance for a very long time. It was against their reserve side as well. A change in approach to cups eh? Fuck off.

Chelsea (h) D 2-2 - Were excellent. Should have won had Sissoko not been a headless chicken and give away a needless free kick. Mitrovic looks the real deal.

Manchester City (a) L 6-1 - Were brilliant in the first half. Had an offside goal wrongly disallowed and could of been 1-3 or 1-4 at half time. What the fuck happened in the second half? Don't want to talk about it.

Norwich (h) W 6-2 - Only Newcastle United could do this: concede 6 previous game then score 6 next game. Was a flattering scoreline tbh. Both teams' defences were shitstorms.

mackems (a) L 3-0 - Best we've approached a derby in years. Disgraceful red card handed them the game. Should have won, but worryingly no taking any of our half a dozen chances.

Stoke (h) D 0-0 - Would have won 2-0 or 3-0 had Butland not been so brilliant. Poor result from our point of view.

Bournemouth (a) W 0-1 - How the fuck did we win this? We were fucking shocking yet somehow won. Take it anyway though.

Leicester (h) L 0-3 - Words cannot describe how utter shite and pathetic we were. Worse than the Sheffield Wednesday debacle. Almost as bad as the 0-6 vs Liverpool under Pardew a few years ago imo.

Crystal Palace (a) L 5-1 - Showed everything wrong with the current state of Newcastle United Football Club.

Liverpool (h) W 2-0 - This club...:lol: No real threat from either team first half, but the effort throughout the match was something we've hardly ever seen in recent years. Deserved win.

Spurs (a) W 1-2 - Unbelievable. This must have a massive effect on morale now, beating two top, in form teams. One in their own backyard who haven't lost since the opening day. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? We'll have to wait and see.

Aston Villa (h) D 1-1 - Two points dropped big time. We've GOT to be beating teams like Villa at home. Very frustrating. Apart from a 20-25 minute spell in the second half, we were pretty untroubled, but in that spell we could have lost the game. We missed sitters. But if someone offered me 7 points from the next 3 games before the Liverpool game I would have snapped their hands off. On we go.

Edited by Haydnator

Aye he has fucked it like, I'm not even excited for the match anymore and if I wasn't on here I'd probably forget when we were even playing. I've said in the past and I think it's becoming more and more true, it's not about being shite as if we were just shite I'd not feel like this towards the club we've just got a completely rotten club.

How we are still in this division is amazing to me when you look at our record over the last two seasons. We've got a playing staff that just clearly doesn't give a fuck to the point where it's almost impressive how little they care, they've somehow completely detached themselves from it and don't feel any shame or embarrassment for getting burst every week to the point that some of them still have the brass neck to actually believe they should be playing in a Champions League side.

We've all watched some shite players over the years but I find it more sickening watching the current lot, some of which are actually talented players, not give any effort at all. I honestly believe that if Sissoko could just walk off the pitch without getting docked wages he would, and a few others wouldn't be far behind. I just don't know how you could make it to the Premier League level and be okay with getting completely shown up by some of the poorest players in the league, would competitiveness or some pride not kick in at some point? They made Dan Gosling look like a Premier League player ffs.

I said in another thread I feel bad for McClaren and I genuinely do because I think he is actually trying, I know he knew full well what he was getting into with Ashley but I don't think he (or really any of us for that matter) knew how apathetic the squad is. I remember a while back Happy Face put something up about what the reserve and academy squads form was like and it closely matched that of the first team, it's deeply worrying stuff as it shows just how deep this malaise is. We're going down this year as I just can't see what can be done, if they got rid of McClaren it would be a Sherwood type that got the job, we could buy players but just look at how quickly the summer buys have lost interest.

That is an excellent post.Well done

Review of the season so far game by game.

Southampton (h) D 2-2 - Gallant draw from our point of view. Players looked up for it and we played decent stuff. Still were evidently suspect defensively. Mitrovic looks mental.

Swansea (a) L 2-0 - Janmaat got himself sent off for being an absolute spastic. Ten men, what can you do. Could have been 3 or 4. Mitrovic kicks off. Gets booked, again.

Manchester United (a) D 0-0 - Defended excellently. Mitrovic hit the bar, Perez came close and Thauvin almost nicked it. Great performance.

Northampton (LC) (h) W 4-1 - An untroubled dispatching of lower league opposition. Never managed that under Pardew.

Arsenal (h) L 0-1 - A debatable sending off of Mitrovic in the 16th minute had us backs to the wall. Defended excellently. Brilliant cohesion. A change in the way we approached games perhaps?

West Ham (a) L 2-0 - Was it fuck. A Pardew/Carveresque performance. Shite.

Watford (h) L 1-2 - See above.

Sheffield Wednesday (LC) (h) L 0-1 - An absolute shower of shite. Worst performance for a very long time. It was against their reserve side as well. A change in approach to cups eh? Fuck off.

Chelsea (h) D 2-2 - Were excellent. Should have won had Sissoko not been a headless chicken and give away a needless free kick. Mitrovic looks the real deal.

Manchester City (a) L 6-1 - Were brilliant in the first half. Had an offside goal wrongly disallowed and could of been 1-3 or 1-4 at half time. What the fuck happened in the second half? Don't want to talk about it.

Norwich (h) W 6-2 - Only Newcastle United could do this: concede 6 previous game then score 6 next game. Was a flattering scoreline tbh. Both teams' defences were shitstorms.

mackems (a) L 3-0 - Best we've approached a derby in years. Disgraceful red card handed them the game. Should have won, but worryingly no taking any of our half a dozen chances.

Stoke (h) D 0-0 - Would have won 2-0 or 3-0 had Butland not been so brilliant. Poor result from our point of view.

Bournemouth (a) W 0-1 - How the fuck did we win this? We were fucking shocking yet somehow won. Take it anyway though.

Leicester (h) L 0-3 - Words cannot describe how utter shite and pathetic we were. Worse than the Sheffield Wednesday debacle. Almost as bad as the 0-6 vs Liverpool under Pardew a few years ago imo.

Crystal Palace (a) L 5-1 - Showed everything wrong with the current state of Newcastle United Football Club.

Excellent summery

More 'medium rare' than 'well done' especially as you've copied the latest 'true faith' editorial in one of your posts in another thread, young man. ;)

Prefer my steaks medium rare tbh.

Whatever I tend to agree with I just hoy in my posts. I did it with a. com match report for the Sheffield Wednesday game. Which you pointed out iirc

:o plagiarism...

Homologous opinions of both I and the TF writer summarised in an article which typifies what both he and I think about the current NUFC.

So yeah, basically plagiarism. I'm a fraud.

Edited by Haydnator

Homologous opinions of both I and the TF writer summarised in an article which typifies what both he and I think about the current NUFC.

I know you have recently been complimented on your english but no one likes a show off*. So rein it in a bit.

*Except The Fish, he loves that shit.

I know you have recently been complimented on your english but no one likes a show off*. So rein it in a bit.

*Except The Fish, he loves that shit.

Aye, he's not at Fish levels just yet. :lol:

Don't let them drag you down to their level Haydnator, I've allowed them to stymie my expression, I'd hate to see the dullards win again.