Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Half way through the season and we're in the relegation zone. That's all you need to judge him on.

We're now going to be in the relegation zone in February. Time to admit that it just hasn't worked out?

His selection today was odd, Perez scored last week and was dropped for a kid who has barely kicked a ball at this level and has been injured nigh on constantly for two years. Is Tiote injured? because honestly he has looked better than Colback, Anita and now Saivet when he has played.

Just goes to show we NEED a LB. Imagine changing your whole formation because Paul Dummett is injured. Madness.

Aye that's it like, forcing the players to play in a back three when it's doubtful they've practiced it much at all this season during a relegation scrap is crackers. We've been thin at the back for years so it's not like it has crept up on them which makes it all the more worrying that they're so disinterested in it. Our first choice left back is a centre back ffs.

Think Tiote is still in talks with the Chinese club. Agree on Aarons, bringing him on later on against players who have played for an hour would have made more sense to me.

I don't love the idea of selling Tiote as like I say I think he's our 2nd best CM, fair enough if that is why McClaren didn't start him though.

His selection today was odd, Perez scored last week and was dropped for a kid who has barely kicked a ball at this level and has been injured nigh on constantly for two years. Is Tiote injured? because honestly he has looked better than Colback, Anita and now Saivet when he has played.

He tried to go 3 at the back like a few teams have done v Watford in order to nullify Deeney & Ighalo.

Don't know why he didn't just go with the same formation as last week, you know, the formation that blew away (for 45 minutes) an unbeaten in 8 games Europe chasing West Ham side?

He tried to go 3 at the back like a few teams have done v Watford in order to nullify Deeney & Ighalo.

Don't know why he didn't just go with the same formation as last week, you know, the formation that blew away (for 45 minutes) an unbeaten in 8 games Europe chasing West Ham side?

Really daft decision to try and do a switch like that when your back four has been shaky all season and you're forced into giving a lad his first start at this level.

We're now going to be in the relegation zone in February. Time to admit that it just hasn't worked out?

Yup. Odd team selection today as well. Aarons straight in and Gini back on the left ffs

Perez has looked fucking knackered for a while now tbf. I think he was hamstrung by the defensive deficiencies that we refuse to address but that ignores that we were done, yet again, by a simple ball over the top and the second was an embarrassment. You had two centre halves on one lad who still managed to knock it down and their centre half was completely unmarked.

I still think that what McClaren, Cathro etc. are trying to implement is the right way to play but fuck me, the longer it goes on, the more desperate it is. And for all this talk of signing Gomis, him and Mitrovic are two sides of the same coin for me.

I just did this and according to where I think we'll get wins and our rivals will drop points we'll finish 14th on 42 points with Norwich, mackems and Villa going down.

I see no chance that'll happen like, perhaps possible with a new striker. Maybe.

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

I had us down for our results:

Everton (a) L

West Brom (h) W

Chelsea (a) L

Man City (h) L

Stoke (a) L

Bournemouth (h) W

Leicester (a) L

mackems (h) W

Norwich (a) W

Southampton (a) L

Swansea (h) W

Liverpool (a) L

Palace (h) W

Villa (a) W

Spurs (h) L

Even though all of this is pointless as you can't predict bot all this season, and I had us down for not another single draw.

• 2 weeks later...

LB aside we look like we now have reasonable choices for all first team positions, certainly more than enough to get us out of trouble. Time now for McClaren to do his stuff. Anything below 16th will have been a disaster of a debut season.

LB aside we look like we now have reasonable choices for all first team positions, certainly more than enough to get us out of trouble. Time now for McClaren to do his stuff. Anything below 16th will have been a disaster of a debut season.

:aye:

I wonder whether Ashley has lined up or at least thought of a last roll of the dice option if we're still in the bottom three with a few games remaining.