Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

That will only come if there is significant money spent on an overhaul of the squad. I foresee a reasonable amount of money being spent, however it's likely to be poorly focussed in terms of constructing a team. I can't see Ashley changing his modus operandi in relation to buying players to sell on for a profit, meaning that the focus will be on opportunistic bargains rather than fulfilling the requirements for McClaren's grand plan.

Whatever the case I'd say it will be an improvement on both Carver and Pardew.

That will only come if there is significant money spent on an overhaul of the squad. I foresee a reasonable amount of money being spent, however it's likely to be poorly focussed in terms of constructing a team. I can't see Ashley changing his modus operandi in relation to buying players to sell on for a profit, meaning that the focus will be on opportunistic bargains rather than fulfilling the requirements for McClaren's grand plan.

Whatever the case I'd say it will be an improvement on both Carver and Pardew.

The bit in bold is a good point, we've never really built a team, just bought bargains. If we sign a raft of central midfielders and right wingers, it'll be clear that nowt has changed.

you've just got to accept it, look at the bloke from both sides (not just the instantly depressing one that pervades here) and hope that he can do well with what he's given.

No, you really don't. You've got to see it for what it is, an underwhelming appointment that looks for all the world like it's simply designed to get enough fans like yourself to believe something will be different this time around about the way we train, play or manage injuries, or how much priority we give to cups, so they buy a ST.

Surely it's been long enough for people to sit back and say, hang on a minute, we've been down this road before. Hope, optimism, and then crushing disappointment. By design. It's time to start demanding to see the goods before handing over the cash.

he's on the same ship as we are now

He's really not, he's trying to resurrect his career and he could very well do that simply by getting us to finish 10th, 9th and 8th, which the media and the club will then hail as progress. Any NUFC fan worth his salt has abandoned this ship long ago - and isn't getting back on until the captain has jumped ship.

I'll believe the club is going in a better direction morally,

Really? Do you think we've been told the truth about the managerial recruitment process? Do you think we've scoured the Earth and come up with the manager who will put Ashley's sweet words of ambition and bolting the horse onto the cart into action, given all the financial resources we supposedly have at our disposal now? Do you think Ashley told the truth when he claimed he has no hand in picking the managers?

No, you really don't. You've got to see it for what it is, an underwhelming appointment that looks for all the world like it's simply designed to get enough fans like yourself to believe something will be different this time around about the way we train, play or manage injuries, or how much priority we give to cups, so they buy a ST.

Surely it's been long enough for people to sit back and say, hang on a minute, we've been down this road before. Hope, optimism, and then crushing disappointment. By design. It's time to start demanding to see the goods before handing over the cash.

At literally no point in that post do I mention being excited about it. In fact, I call it "uninspiring" Take your time with the follow-up and try not to shoehorn any words into my mouth.

At literally no point in that post do I mention being excited about it. In fact, I call it "uninspiring" Take your time with the follow-up and try not to shoehorn any words into my mouth.

But I never said you said what you say I said you said.

We both said it's an underwhelming appointment, we just appear to disagree on whether or not we should just accept it and hope he does well, or see it for what it arguably is.

I never said you were excited about it, but if you're sensitive to people thinking you are.........maybe you secretly are!

Dooof dooof doof doof doof /EastEnders cliffhanger

But I never said you said what you say I said you said.

We both said it's an underwhelming appointment, we just appear to disagree on whether or not we should just accept it and hope he does well, or see it for what it arguably is.

I never said you were excited about it, but if you're sensitive to people thinking you are.........maybe you secretly are!

Dooof dooof doof doof doof /EastEnders cliffhanger

Fucks sake man..

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/talk+a+glass+eye+to+sleep.html

an underwhelming appointment that looks for all the world like it's simply designed to get enough fans like yourself to believe something will be different this time around about the way we train, play or manage injuries

Why wouldn't it be different?

What do you think McClaren's job will actually entail? Or do you simply believe Ashley puppet-mastery extends to training methods as well?

McClaren is a better coach than Pardew. This is known.

Jerry Sandusky is a better coach than Pardew.

Had to google him.

Now I've got to delete my browser history.