Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Lad at work's a birmingham fan. Reckons Clark is a borderline retarded shambles of a man.

He has a shocking record away from Huddersfield, and that unbeaten streak was more draws than people think.

Dunno if he'd be any good as a number 2, but he certainly *gets* the club.

Carver "gets" the club. He was fucking hopeless though. I'd rather McClaren didn't do any of the geordie boys nonsense and just got decent coaches in that he knows can do a job.

All I know about Clark is that every time the Newcastle job comes up, this lad at work is desperate for us to appoint him cos he thinks it would be hilarious.

Lee Clark the no2?

Pavel as the GK coach?

“It is the same at Newcastle United where there has been speculation about the coaching staff."

“I don’t know what Newcastle or Sparta are going to do, but of course, if a job opportunity came up to go back to St James’ Park I’d jump at it. In fact, I wouldn’t need a day off in the close season – I’d be on the next plane to Newcastle!"

“That is the thing about Newcastle. Maybe things do need to change, but for those of us who have played for the club or worked for the club, it is a phenomenal club and the attraction of it remains absolutely massive.”

Carver "gets" the club. He was fucking hopeless though. I'd rather McClaren didn't do any of the geordie boys nonsense and just got decent coaches in that he knows can do a job.

All I know about Clark is that every time the Newcastle job comes up, this lad at work is desperate for us to appoint him cos he thinks it would be hilarious.

I couldn't give a toss if the coaches were all from the mean street of Newport Pagnell, as long as they're good.

Just meant that it ticks a lot of boxes for the Lee Ryders of the world.

To be honest, I get it. If he holds a press conference, things will start on a sour note as he'll be bombarded by questions about restrictions on transfers, how comfortable he feels having no say in signings, whether he had to think twice because of the owner's reputation etc. There are no good answers to those questions in a live press conference, so don't put yourself in that position.

Why anyone thought there'd be a fresh start is beyond me.

Re Simpson, I know nothing about him but it is good that it appears McClaren is being allowed to bring the people he wants in. There's literally zero point in us having Penfold dictate who our managers work with.