Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I hope Ten Haag is an absolute fucking disaster for Man United. It would be great to see the fall even further back over the next few years. 

He's being bigged up in the just the same way Van Gaal & Mourinho were and look how they turned out. It still hasn't dawned on the daft pricks that the problems there are considerably more than the head coach.

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

He's being bigged up in the just the same way Van Gaal & Mourinho were and look how they turned out. It still hasn't dawned on the daft pricks that the problems there are considerably more than the head coach.

I think the difference here is that hes an up and comer rather than one who is on his way out but still a big name.

With Rangnick moving upstairs to his best role having had most of a season getting intimately familiar with the problems in the squad I feel like this is the start of them actually sorting themselves out.

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think the difference here is that hes an up and comer rather than one who is on his way out but still a big name.

With Rangnick moving upstairs to his best role having had most of a season getting intimately familiar with the problems in the squad I feel like this is the start of them actually sorting themselves out.

When people talk about an 'up and comer' my reference point is always Chelsea's appointment of Mourinho in 2004. I don't think he's anywhere near that level, I reckon he could quite quickly find himself out of his depth - probably more comparable with André Villas-Boas for me.

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

When people talk about an 'up and comer' my reference point is always Chelsea's appointment of Mourinho in 2004. I don't think he's anywhere near that level, I reckon he could quite quickly find himself out of his depth - probably more comparable with André Villas-Boas for me.

If your reference point is the most successful manager of his era then you're going to end up disappointed

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If your reference point is the most successful manager of his era then you're going to end up disappointed

They should get on of the most important managers of the last 100 years.

• Haha 2

It could work, but I think their problem is there’s a crop of players there who likely won’t listen to him and work hard to make his system work. Getting rid of that contingent will be difficult given their ownership clearly operates under a merchandising focus, aiming for players with brands rather than ones that fit the system. Agree that there’s already been a hint of that type of issue with the pushing back against him bringing in his own staff. 

The other factor is managers get absolutely fuck all time there. I feel like if they’re not immediately successful they’re seen as a big problem and need to be sacked, a manager like this needs to build. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

I've no idea. But on paper he wasn't a terrible signing.

he’s always impressed me for England but by all accounts has been absolute shite for Man U this season 

8 hours ago, Howay said:

It could work, but I think their problem is there’s a crop of players there who likely won’t listen to him and work hard to make his system work. Getting rid of that contingent will be difficult given their ownership clearly operates under a merchandising focus, aiming for players with brands rather than ones that fit the system. Agree that there’s already been a hint of that type of issue with the pushing back against him bringing in his own staff. 

The other factor is managers get absolutely fuck all time there. I feel like if they’re not immediately successful they’re seen as a big problem and need to be sacked, a manager like this needs to build. 

That was the ownership with woodward in charge of the running of the club. Hes gone and so have their two chief scouts.

That makes rangnick THE football man upstairs now and he is well aware of these players, I feel like they might just be about to start turning it around. 

Ronaldo will go, pogba will go, theyll spend on rangnick/ten hags preferred players in summer rather than woodward/solskjaers which will make a massive difference in itself. 

They still wont be good enough to push liverpool or city meaningfully next season but i think theyll be a lot more stable and make much more sense.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That was the ownership with woodward in charge of the running of the club. Hes gone and so have their two chief scouts.

That makes rangnick THE football man upstairs now and he is well aware of these players, I feel like they might just be about to start turning it around. 

Ronaldo will go, pogba will go, theyll spend on rangnick/ten hags preferred players in summer rather than woodward/solskjaers which will make a massive difference in itself. 

They still wont be good enough to push liverpool or city meaningfully next season but i think theyll be a lot more stable and make much more sense.

Hope you’re wrong, but I do agree. 

Either way, it won’t matter for them. We are inevitable. 

• Thanks 1

The biggest problem of all is the MSM are already painting him as the messiah and the saviour of all their troubles. If he doesn't start delivering within 6 months you can bet your bottom dollar the pressure will start. The mess that club is in it's going to take a lot more than 6 months.

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

he’s always impressed me for England but by all accounts has been absolute shite for Man U this season 

Arguing with Ronaldo as to who should be captain may have been distracting but in general... 

200.gif

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Objectively I think McClaren is a decent coach, but a shit manager. I think he's probably realised that as well. 

• Like 1