Colo signs 5 year deal and Jonas ok to play

Snake

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guti and Collo are both very good players. Guti especially will be quite the revelation once he settles in. They are both a long way better than anyone we had in those relative postions and a significant step up. Although protracted and clearly complicated, the club must be congratulated in going out and getting these kinds of players. If we can get one more central midfielder and a back up striker (Derydiok for example) then we should have a decent and maybe surprising season ahead of us. Some of the teams I put in our bracket or thereabouts (Spurs, Villa, Pompey, Man City) all have weaknesses of one sort or another and with a bit more luck with general fitness and imjuries we can hold our heads up high.

they are all a season ahead of us IMO (Spuds only because they have bought well this window)

I have a feeling we are looking at a season of mid-table mediocrity, which is fine if we buy well next year

Despite what I feel, with our squad not being the strongest, I know for a fact Keegan won't accept that.

Guti and Collo are both very good players. Guti especially will be quite the revelation once he settles in. They are both a long way better than anyone we had in those relative postions and a significant step up. Although protracted and clearly complicated, the club must be congratulated in going out and getting these kinds of players. If we can get one more central midfielder and a back up striker (Derydiok for example) then we should have a decent and maybe surprising season ahead of us. Some of the teams I put in our bracket or thereabouts (Spurs, Villa, Pompey, Man City) all have weaknesses of one sort or another and with a bit more luck with general fitness and imjuries we can hold our heads up high.

they are all a season ahead of us IMO (Spuds only because they have bought well this window)

I have a feeling we are looking at a season of mid-table mediocrity, which is fine if we buy well next year

Despite what I feel, with our squad not being the strongest, I know for a fact Keegan won't accept that.

With the players he's got he may not have a choice in the matter...

Which is what I implied, but Keegan from the offset won't just tell the team that's all they should be aiming for.

Nah, we'll be top 8 at worst.

Spurs seem to have bought well, but for me lack a solid center. One of this group inc Pompey and Villa should challenge for top 4, which we aren't ready for, but we will give a good account of ourselves. Kk seems to have got through to Duff which is a bonus for us already. A lot of it as always will rely on the fitness of Owen and Martins.

Which is what I implied, but Keegan from the offset won't just tell the team that's all they should be aiming for.

oh absolutely, I just dont see us winning the games we should, and losing the games we shouldn't

oh absolutely, I just dont see us winning the games we should, and losing the games we shouldn't

Although friendlies aren't an indicator we had some very good spells against Valencia and PSV (both good sides) and that was essentially with out 'B' team.

Although friendlies aren't an indicator we had some very good spells against Valencia and PSV (both good sides) and that was essentially with out 'B' team.

true true, but they both afforded us lots of time on the ball, that isnt going to happen in the premier league. but I see what your saying

Guest Stevie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-4oQOfipg

Just a small example..and there are many many more, look at his positioning for the first goal, he's 10 yards in front of the last man, and he only just comes in to the shot at the end, and the daft cunt has his arm up for offside. The second one where the fuck is he? There's many more examples, woeful examples of Bramblesque defending from him, I'lkl find them later (particularly against Chelsea down the years) There's an absolute huge one where he just loses the ball but I can't remember which game it was. His game against France in 2006 (when they lost 3-1) was one of the poorest I've seen an international centre half have.

That's ok then. As I mean Ferdinand has always been as solid as he is now and his positioning or dwindling on the ball has never been suspect.

Aye pretty much. There's that sense of class and reliability about him which is why before he was 24 he had moved for fees totaling £49m.

Just a small example..and there are many many more, look at his positioning for the first goal, he's 10 yards in front of the last man, and he only just comes in to the shot at the end, and the daft cunt has his arm up for offside. The second one where the fuck is he? There's many more examples, woeful examples of Bramblesque defending from him, I'lkl find them later (particularly against Chelsea down the years) There's an absolute huge one where he just loses the ball but I can't remember which game it was. His game against France in 2006 (when they lost 3-1) was one of the poorest I've seen an international centre half have.

That's ok then. As I mean Ferdinand has always been as solid as he is now and his positioning or dwindling on the ball has never been suspect.

Aye pretty much. There's that sense of class and reliability about him which is why before he was 24 he had moved for fees totaling £49m.

Nice one.

Has the pace for good recovery when caught out as well.

Mackem on Colo this morning (SMB)

seems to be taking quite a bit of time confirming this signing.

are safc not interested in a central defender? would be very interesting to nip in, after the reclusive and publicity shy mike ashley wore a shirt with his name on

:lol:

Mackem on Colo this morning (SMB)

seems to be taking quite a bit of time confirming this signing.

are safc not interested in a central defender? would be very interesting to nip in, after the reclusive and publicity shy mike ashley wore a shirt with his name on

:lol:

:lol: Bunch of fucking idiots man

WOOOOOP WOOOOOOP Abso-fucking-lutely delighted!!

Does anyone else have a real positive feeling about sunda's game???

I honestly beleive, and i dont think its blind optimism, that we can win on sunda.

They've quite a few key players out, parts of there jigsaw missing....i think we can capitalise on it and get of to a great start!

Given

Beye Colo Taylor N'Zogbia

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt Duff

Smith Oba

Thats a good first 11 imo, one capable of a top 6 finish!

EDIT: Obviously with owen in the side instead of smith!!

Come oooon!!

Edited by Geordie Lad...

WOOOOOP WOOOOOOP Abso-fucking-lutely delighted!!

Does anyone else have a real positive feeling about sunda's game???

I honestly beleive, and i dont think its blind optimism, that we can win on sunda.

They've quite a few key players out, parts of there jigsaw missing....i think we can capitalise on it and get of to a great start!

Given

Beye Colo Taylor N'Zogbia

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt Duff

Smith Oba

Thats a good first 11 imo, one capable of a top 6 finish!

EDIT: Obviously with owen in the side instead of smith!!

Come oooon!!

The buck stops there, we are fucked and will lose comfortably 2-0

Surely Colo wont play on Sunday?

And why would that be?

He has trained with us for a week and has been in pre-season training with depor reserves, granted he hasnt had any run outs but i dont see that being a problem...if Faye goes then he will definatly been thrown in...

I have been growing my hair for years in anticipation of this :lol:

I'm much the same, I'm waiting for Zizou to come out of retirement. :lol:

im not too sure about that tbh. i think that pretty much all the teams bar that finished 5th to 11th last year bar spurs, villa and everton have either gone backwards or stayed still this transfer window.

villa have sorted some key weaknesses out (right back and left back) but not with any players of real quality, young and shorey are decent, but not great. similar to james milner.

everton have done ok and spuds have bought some excellent midfielders, but they are weak up front and if they lose king and woodgate for a long period at any time during the season (highly likely, with both of their fitness records) they have dawson and thats it.

i think it will be really tight next year. any team could finish from 5th down to 12th, and i think we have caught up a lot of what we lost out to them last year.