Mark Viduka

Tooj

Viduka "Well its one for the money....."

Taylor "Nar man, you need your arm up like this for Elvis"

Edited by JawD

Good to see him back in training.

We all have the right to be sceptical about his injury record, and I think we're going to continue to see him pick up this and that throughout the season. Him coming back into the side gives us a dimension that we don't have with any of our other players. They try to use Smith to hold the ball up (to both our detriment and Smith's) but everytime a long ball comes through Smith either fouls the opposing defender, doesn't get it, or has a shocking touch. Viduka is one of the best players in the league at holding the ball up, and has great touch to boot. i think when he's available we'll see more goals than when he isn't - both Owen and Martins have both explicitly stated that they love to play alongside him.

Good to see him back in training.

We all have the right to be sceptical about his injury record, and I think we're going to continue to see him pick up this and that throughout the season. Him coming back into the side gives us a dimension that we don't have with any of our other players. They try to use Smith to hold the ball up (to both our detriment and Smith's) but everytime a long ball comes through Smith either fouls the opposing defender, doesn't get it, or has a shocking touch. Viduka is one of the best players in the league at holding the ball up, and has great touch to boot. i think when he's available we'll see more goals than when he isn't - both Owen and Martins have both explicitly stated that they love to play alongside him.

I agree with this.

We look a side transformed when Viduka plays. If he could keep fit, his influence on the side would be massive. Big if, though.

Well yeah, Id happily have a fit Viduka in our side. Keeping him fit seems to be the hard bit. I've said for a while that before he came, I didnt realise just how strong he was and good at holding up the ball.