Saviola in on loan?

TheMoog

It would be disapointing if he was the "wow" signing, altho he would be a good signing

so you think this mystical (mythical?) wow signing really does exist then?

Yes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice the top class journalism displayed on the Daily Heil website last night/this morning. They'd basically copy and pasted the Ronny Gill article, forgetting to take references to the Chronicle out B)

It's been changed now like, but it did tickle me. They were probably too busy writing stories about baby eating Muslims.

Anyone else notice the top class journalism displayed on the Daily Heil website last night/this morning. They'd basically copy and pasted the Ronny Gill article, forgetting to take references to the Chronicle out :D

It's been changed now like, but it did tickle me. They were probably too busy writing stories about baby eating Muslims.

Aye, I saw that. Someone pointed it out to me. Included the phrase 'The Chronicle understands...' or something like that. Just shows you.

Saviola is a quality player no doubt, but for whatever reason he's not truly delivered on the potential he showed when he was younger (he's 26 now isn't he?) and to be honest I can't help but find him a little overrated in some places.

That said I wouldn't mind him here but he's too similar to Owen and Martins for my liking, we need a big Viduka-like target man, someone like Dean Ashton.

Edited by Tecato

This is probably wishful thinking and something I've hoped for before but maybe the 'wow' signing could be ADRIANO!?!? He's struggled for form recent years, he's mates with Martins, and he could be available given all his problems in milan?

Maybe Mourinho's comments about Newcastle the other day could be a little hint as he knows what's going on behind the scenes. IF anyone can get ADriano back to his best and fulfill his potential it could be Keegan.

Again, this is probably a load of bollocks and wishful thinking on my part, but the kind of 'wow' signing that could be really interesting.

P.S. I don't know anything about ADriano's situation since Sao Paolo sent him back home, anyone have a clue?

This is probably wishful thinking and something I've hoped for before but maybe the 'wow' signing could be ADRIANO!?!? He's struggled for form recent years, he's mates with Martins, and he could be available given all his problems in milan?

Maybe Mourinho's comments about Newcastle the other day could be a little hint as he knows what's going on behind the scenes. IF anyone can get ADriano back to his best and fulfill his potential it could be Keegan.

Again, this is probably a load of bollocks and wishful thinking on my part, but the kind of 'wow' signing that could be really interesting.

P.S. I don't know anything about ADriano's situation since Sao Paolo sent him back home, anyone have a clue?

What were these?

What were these?

What were these?

Mourinho, speaking on behalf of Ford's Feel Football debate website www.feelfootball.com, said: "I would put Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool as favourites again to win the Premier League - but regarding Arsenal, they also have a great team, but I'm not sure if the group has enough experience and quality to win.

"I see nobody else to win the Premier League, but Tottenham surely has the quality to fight for a top four finish.

"I cannot really say who the surprise team will be - but year after year we always wait for a better Newcastle. They are a top club, they have huge support and they have good players, so we wait for more from them."

aye, he looks chock full of ITK info from that quote like.

Guessing Adriano might be coming here is a bit of leap from those comments. :D

as I said, it was just a guess and most probably a load of bollocks =) just trying to think who this 'wow' signing could be

as I said, it was just a guess and most probably a load of bollocks =) just trying to think who this 'wow' signing could be

Made up to sell season tickets/corporate seats? :angry:

Aye, I know. I'd like to think there's a "WOW" signing coming along as well, obviously, but I can't see it.

Eto'o is my guess.

Not even sure why I'm discussing this other than I'm waiting for the 200m final but he'd be a fucking nightmare signing for us imo.

:D

Saviola - No Newcastle offer

Argentine happy to stay put

Last updated: 20th August 2008

Javier Saviola

Saviola: No talks

Javier Saviola has insisted his future remains with Real Madrid, despite interest from Newcastle.

The Argentine striker is believed to be very high on Newcastle's wanted list and they had opened talks with a view to landing the 26-year-old.

Vice-president Tony Jimenez and executive director Dennis Wise were reported to be heading a Newcastle delegation that travelled to Spain this week.

However, Saviola has now said that he has not received any offers to leave Madrid - who he joined 12 months ago on a free transfer from Barcelona.

"Right now I'm a Real Madrid player and my future is here," he told Marca online.

"I haven't received any offer."

Newcastle would like to make Saviola their third Argentine capture of the summer after already sealing the captures of his fellow countrymen Jonas Gutierrez and Fabrizio Coloccini.

:D