BBC Gossip

Tom

Spurs have lined up Michael Owen as a replacement for Dimitar Berbatov, who is expected to move to Manchester United before the transfer window closes. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea have made a new £23.6m bid for Brazil star Robinho. That's £5m more than their previous offer, but still way below Real Madrid's £35m asking price. (News of the World)

Newcastle will try and bring Real's out-of-favour Argentine striker Javier Saviola to St James' s Park on loan. (News of the World)

Aston Villa will test Chelsea's resolve to hang on to Joe Cole by offering £10m for the England midfielder this week. (Sunday Express)

Sunderland have tabled an £8m bid for West Ham centre-half Anton Ferdinand. The 23-year-old recently turned down the offer of a new contract at Upton Park. (News of the World)

Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso is determined to leave Liverpool following Rafa Benitez's very public pursuit of Gareth Barry. (News of the World)

Tottenham are set to pull out of the race to sign Andrei Arshavin after being priced out by Zenit St Petersburg. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes is poised to sign Mikael Silvestre from Manchester United. (News of the World)

Celtic are also interested in signing Silvestre, with the Glasgow side hoping to clinch a loan deal. (Sunday Mail)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp expects to land Algeria left-back Nadir Belhadj from French side Lens. (News of the World)

Rangers are set to complete the signings of Fulham's Steven Davis and American international Maurice Edu. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP

The Premier League will tell Thaksin Shinawatra to sell Manchester City if corruption charges go ahead against him in Thailand. (Sunday Express)

Premier League chief Richard Scudamore admits the 39th game idea "may not happen in my lifetime". (News of the World)

Frank Lampard says he decided to snub a move to Italy after receiving a letter from West Ham fans urging him to stay strong after the death of his mother. (News of the World)

Luiz Felipe Scolari told Roman Abramovich he would only become Chelsea's manager on condition they sign midfielder Deco. (Sunday Express)

West Ham's bosses have decided they want Harry Redknapp to return to Upton Park. (Sunday Mirror)

Rangers chairman and owner Sir David Murray says he came within hours of selling the club last year but pulled out at the last minute over concerns about the prospective buyer's intentions for the Ibrox club.

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson says giving Rio Ferdinand the England captaincy would help him find "an extra 10% from his game". (Mail on Sunday)

Frank Lampard says he decided to snub a move to Italy after receiving a letter from West Ham fans urging him to stay strong after the death of his mother. (News of the World)

Fucking hell.

Fucking hell.

I don't think the £150k a week even came into it.

Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso is determined to leave Liverpool following Rafa Benitez's very public pursuit of Gareth Barry. (News of the World)

No chance like but worth breaking the bank for.

If owen goes to Spurs, which I think is a real possibility then MA wants fucked.

Would like to see Joe Cole come here but I don't think he'd leave London.

How would it be Ashley's fault if Owen doesn't want to stay?

If owen goes to Spurs, which I think is a real possibility then MA wants fucked.

Well him and pontoon eyes broker all the deals do they not?

But what if Owen wants to leave not for fiscal reasons?

The he can fuck off and I'll just call you a cunt instead, you pedantic cock stroker :shades:

The he can fuck off and I'll just call you a cunt instead, you pedantic cock stroker :shades:

Riposte!

Fucking hell.

aye, he's a real prick.

Whole family of Lampards and Redknapps in fact