Exams- Anyone worried about them?

Flair

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're too easy these days tbh.

I can't wait for Rob to see this thread btw and tell us exactly the same.

seconded.

Its these lesson in PC Correctness that I can't get my head around

seconded.

Knowing your way around a computer is important these days.

seconded.

Knowing your way around a computer is important these days.

offensive bastard

Surely they are all getting easier?

Plus they let pretty much anyone into Uni these days.

I don't think the exams are getting easier, I just think that the schools are so geared towards stats and results they spoon feed the likely exam questions to the students throughout the year.

If I were a red-brick I'd instate entrance exams and I'd do it now.

Except History, thats way harder than in my day....theres another 20 years of the stuff for the poor bastards to contend with..

It must have been a piece of piss back when Rob took it :shades:

first hand knowledge of the Napoleonic Wars

Id be scared if exam results dropped on my door mat like. Given I left school 20 years ago and have moved house seven times since.

Id be scared if exam results dropped on my door mat like. Given I left school 20 years ago and have moved house seven times since.

Twenty? Fucking twenty!

I have an exam coming up on September 1st which decides whether I get to continue my degree or not.

It's only an hour long paper though so I'm not particularly phased by it yet. I'm fairly confident that the coursework I've done for the module will mean I don't have to excel in the exam tbh.

Yours dilligently,

Brockles

I got AAC for my A-levels so off to Newcastle University in 5 weeks time. Woo, yay, etc. However must be pretty thick given I could only managed a high C in this year's "easy" English exams. I worked really hard for it as well also.

Exams aren't getting easier anyway. A-levels are made easier because of the introduction of AS-levels and resits. They don't make doing well on exams any easier.

In any case, if we assume they are getting easier for the sake of argument, it's still a pointless argument. The easier they get, the less powerful they become. Employers don't care about A-levels these days as it's all about degrees - this is for jobs that would never need a degree 10 or so years ago. To get the degree you need to get into university through A-levels. Say what you like about getting higher grades easier, entry requirements are getting higher at the same time as courses become more competitive. I would have only need BBC for my course three years ago I think, but I doubt it's become any better tbf.

Twenty? Fucking twenty!

Funnily enough, thats what went through my head when I typed that :shades:

:good:

Exams aren't getting easier anyway. A-levels are made easier because of the introduction of AS-levels and resits. They don't make doing well on exams any easier.

This is why you only got a C. :shades:

Although the questions are getting easier too, you get the same questions on some A Level papers now that you used to get on O Level/GCSE papers once upon a time, plus they move the % banding about.

It's even the same in Universities now, as grades are given out more to retain funding and placings than on impartial merit (although, of course, it's always been the case to a certain degree).