Keegler looks up for it.

Park Life

I think you're on something as well Parky. :shades:

Who would deny me an after match toke after that? :good:

His man magement is so good, protected the squad even though he said there were 2/3 more coming in..

Edited by Park Life

That's Keegan all over for me, the man is no poker player, his hearts on his sleeve and his body language says it all, in good times and bad.

And spitting the remainder of his sandwich over the interviewer :shades:

The Keegler spits crumbs (after 55 seconds of Red Face droning on about something or other):

http://www.skysports.com/video/0,20285,12606_4002531,00.html

How fucking huge are keegans collars in that clip ? :good:

Going for the Harry Hill look tbh.

Aye i was thinking exactly the same once I saw the clip on the BBC. Colour in his cheeks, optimism in his voice. I know that a good draw does wonders for the soul but regardless its good to see Keegan looking healthy, not at all like his return to the limelight where he looked fairly jaded.

Aye i was thinking exactly the same once I saw the clip on the BBC. Colour in his cheeks, optimism in his voice. I know that a good draw does wonders for the soul but regardless its good to see Keegan looking healthy, not at all like his return to the limelight where he looked fairly jaded.

I think that's because he'd just arrived from Glasgow.

The only difference is he's just back from Mallorca now.

Never saw all his quotes from Friday...

"I think we are a long way from there now. We all understand our roles. We all understand what each other briefs are and what each of us brings to the club, and that is a good thing. That's 100 per cent. Six or seven guys in a room talking about football, you are never ever going to agree on everything, but the important thing is when we don't agree, it stays in the room.

“We are very much united as far as I am concerned. I am sure if you ask Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez, Jeff Vetere, Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias they would say the same thing, because that is the truth. We are really looking to do the right things. I do not think we have ever been closer than we are now.

“The owner has come out and said in his own words how he sees the club and where he is with the club and that was a good thing to do because it stopped all this talk of ‘well, he is thinking of selling’.

"What he’s saying - and I agree with him wholeheartedly – is that if we could get two or three more people like him on board, we could do this quicker. We could get where we want to be, with the finances we could get, and try and get this club back in that top four. That is the aim of everyone. Clubs used to try and win the title, now it’s about trying to get in the top four.

Asked whether his current optimism mirrored how he felt when he returned to the club to manage in 1992:

“If anything it’s greater. In those days, we knew we were building a team we would have to dismantle again. Now, with the sort of players we are getting in, you know there is not a risk to them.

“At that time, when we were starting off in the very early days here, we knew we were buying players that, if we got up, would probably have to leave the club at some stage. It was a different thing. It was very, very exciting, don’t get me wrong, but I think we are back at that stage now. It’s like we’ve just come up, as far as I am concerned.

What is the difference between then and now? We could short cut the journey in those days because the gulf between the clubs was not so big. Now we have to be realistic and say ‘this is stage one’.

“People who have not been associated with the club for very long, the likes of Danny Guthrie and Fabricio, players who do not know the club and have got to learn about it, were astounded (by 12,000 fans turning up for training)".

"But when you have been here like I have, you know the problems at this football club have never been the crowd, never been the passion of the people and the support of the club in the city. That has always been there through thick and thin, thin and thinner. It does not surprise me – although it always knocks you back - because this is Newcastle. The fans are top-rate and my job is to get a team that eventually matches them. It is a tough ask and we still have some way to go.”

On Milner:

"He's the last player that Newcastle United will want to sell and I'm taking about the owner and myself. James won't be leaving here - I'm sure of that."

On Smith:

"I don't want to lose Alan Smith either. Alan's great round the place - everyone's got different opinions on how players have done at clubs.

"Alan needs a goal at Newcastle United so that people don't keeper saying he's gone so many games without scoring.

"Involved in all that you've got to be honest and say how many times he's played as an out and out striker he's played midfield, right side, centre, left.

"He's a fantastic member of our squad and I don't want to lose Alan either."

On departures:

"It looks like Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich Town.

"But that's the end of players going out, and if those deals do happen, there will be some more players coming in."

On Coloccini:

"I'm delighted to have him - he's my type of defender. He doesn't just defend, he's very comfortable in possession of a football as well. You got a double bonus - good defender and can use the ball.

"I think that's what the modern game requires and that's what Fabricio has got."

On Barton (and news of civil action -see below):

"As long as Joey keeps on the straight and narrow now, since I've been at this football club he's been an absolute model professional.

"I think - and the club think - that he deserves another chance - call it last chance if you want, but he deserves this chance and the rest is up to him."