Pocognoli admits English desire

Scottish Mag

Belgian starlet Sebastien Pocognoli has admitted he would love a move to England.

The 21-year-old left-sided defender is currently competing in the Olympic Games, where he has impressed for his country and helped them into the last-four.

Lyon are understood to be leading the chase for the AZ Alkmaar man, who has four years left on his current contract, but reports from the continent claim Real Betis, Tottenham and Newcastle are also monitoring his progress.

Pocognoli, valued at around €8million (£6.3million), admits he would relish the chance of playing in England or Spain.

"The decision [about my future] lies with AZ, but a chance to play in England or Spain would be sensational for me," he told the Spanish press.

The news of Spurs' possible pursuit of Pocognoli could be of interest to AZ, who are believed to be interested in luring Lee Young-pyo back to Holland.

The South Korea international is down the pecking order at White Hart Lane and Juande Ramos is highly unlikely to stand in his way.

Lee starred during his time with PSV Eindhoven, who showed an interest earlier in the year, and he is still highly regarded in Holland.

AZ also maintain an interest in Blackburn's Andre Ooijer, but Paul Ince is very unlikely to let the Dutchman leave Ewood Park, especially after scored the winner in Saturday's opening game of the season at Everton

he'll play tomorrow against Nigeria.

Watch him and get you own idea of his level.

1st post here, hello to all B)

Are you from Belgium J_D? If so do you know if the press in Belgium had said that we'd agreed a fee for him today?

A less than reputable source from another board said that they had but I was just wondering if it was true.

he'll play tomorrow against Nigeria.

Watch him and get you own idea of his level.

1st post here, hello to all B)

Are you from Belgium J_D? If so do you know if the press in Belgium had said that we'd agreed a fee for him today?

A less than reputable source from another board said that they had but I was just wondering if it was true.

Yes I am from Belgium.

Not a word about that today.

Where's my welcome B)

Should we really be buying another young left back?

I would have though that we'd be looking for someone a little older with experience. Don't like the idea of having two young guys and a french winger competing for our left back position.

Tottenham and Newcastle battling for Alkmaar wing-back Pocognoli

"Tottenham face competition from Newcastle for AZ Alkmaar's Belgium international Sebastien Pocognoli.

Spurs' out-of-favour left-back Lee Young-Pyo could become the makeweight in a deal for the 21-year-old wing-back, who impressed in the Olympics."

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...i.html?ITO=1490

---------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle ponder £6M bid for AZ's Pocognoli

Newcastle United are ready to splash out on AZ Alkmaar defender Sebastian Pocognoli.

The Daily Star says Toon are planning a £6 million offer for the Belgium international.

tribalfootball.com - August 19, 2008

haha did you make that comment then alter wikipedia to

On Monday the 18th August officials for Newcastle United flew to Spain to Begin talks, over the transfer of Sobis. They agreed a fee of 17 million euros and the player will join Newcastle on friday after agreeing terms.

hmmmm