What the fuck

bobbyshinton

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks for that guys, that's just kept me entertained while I've been waiting for the clock at work to run down B)

I used to post on N-O, not been there much recently because I've found (after a couple of misunderstandings) that this forum is the better of the two for banter. N-O seems to be a bit too... anal... these days.

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry bobbyshinton, you are banned from using this forum!

Good joke.

N/O B)

i think mine went something like:

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry triggy99, you are banned from using this forum!

Fuck off.

To be fair N-O is full of spackers.

I tried it again during the Coloccini saga but it was the same shite repeated ad nauseum. Ant would feel at home over there with all the Owen hating that goes on.

To be fair N-O is full of spackers.

I tried it again during the Coloccini saga but it was the same shite repeated ad nauseum. Ant would feel at home over there with all the Owen hating that goes on.

I don't /hate/ Owen

i hate the fact we gave him such high wages and paid so much over the odds for him and his injury record

If he gets a consistent run of games and goals i'll retract it

till then 18m+110k a week was bad bad business

(the fact hes angling for a prob higher/as high deal does irritate me mind)

do you ever go to any matches though? because if not its hardly your money that pays his wages

do you ever go to any matches though? because if not its hardly your money that pays his wages

Very rarely seeing as I'm in Ireland, still buy merchandising and last time i checked going to matches or not doesn't mean i can't have an opinion

piss poor argument that "you don't goto matches every week so why do you care"

im just saying the season ticket holders and the people that go to the away gamesnare the people that pay the most money and imo if you dont go to matches very often you shouldnt be too bothered about the money side of things

Very rarely seeing as I'm in Ireland, still buy merchandising and last time i checked going to matches or not doesn't mean i can't have an opinion

im just saying the season ticket holders and the people that go to the away gamesnare the people that pay the most money and imo if you dont go to matches very often you shouldnt be too bothered about the money side of things

Most of the money comes from television I reckon.

What utter bollocks. Forgetting the fact that being a supporter means you actually care about the club, how it is run and the consequences of stupid spending.

As of the end of the 2006/07 season the break down of income to the club is; gate takings £30.9m, TV £26.5m & commercial £25.7m, so how is the "if you dont go to matches very often you shouldnt be too bothered about the money side of things" argument justified?

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/

What utter bollocks. Forgetting the fact that being a supporter means you actually care about the club, how it is run and the consequences of stupid spending.

As of the end of the 2006/07 season the break down of income to the club is; gate takings £30.9m, TV £26.5m & commercial £25.7m, so how is the "if you dont go to matches very often you shouldnt be too bothered about the money side of things" argument justified?

as your post shows the majority of money comes from gate takings. the reason i believe people like ant shouldnt be as bothered is because the club isnt wasting his money. people like me that spend £1000+ newcastle every season are the people that should be complaining about the money side of things, e.g. them raising the prices of season tickets after a rubbish season and then spending next to no money on transfers and people like ant that spends his £30 for the new strip every season shouldnt complain too much.

I may be wrong but by looking at your sissy fit id say your like ant and dont go to matches very often

as your post shows the majority of money comes from gate takings. the reason i believe people like ant shouldnt be as bothered is because the club isnt wasting his money. people like me that spend £1000+ newcastle every season are the people that should be complaining about the money side of things, e.g. them raising the prices of season tickets after a rubbish season and then spending next to no money on transfers and people like ant that spends his £30 for the new strip every season shouldnt complain too much.

I may be wrong but by looking at your sissy fit id say your like ant and dont go to matches very often

Is your argument actually that non-local fans shouldn't care about the financial aspect of the club because they don't pay for tickets, so they shouldn't be invested in what happens? I guess if NUFC folded tomorrow due to financial mismanagement all the other exiled fans and I should just shrug and think que sera sera?

Part of football is money management these days (and for many years.) You need only look at Leeds, Sheff Wed, etc. to see how easily a club can lose its way especially when poor financial planning is involved. Finances are at the core of the club and to say non-locals "shouldn't be too bothered about the money side of things" is just a roundabout way of degrading fans who can't go to games.

What a tosser. And this isn't the first time.

Fucking hell, if you call that a sissy fit you really should stop sitting down to piss.

So 60 plus percent of income is less than the 40ish% of revenue?

You possibly need to buy a calculator as well.

No I don't get to matches as often as I'd like, geography works against me.

But when I do it costs me the equal of 4 to 5 years of of season tickets, so yeah you're right, why the fuck should I care about the financial state of the club?

Id have to say like, doesnt matter if you go to games or live on the moon. If you support a club, you're going to be bothered about everything. Or at least you should be. There is no sliding scale showing amount spent on the club on one side and amount you should be bothered on the other. That said, of course investors in the club might be more bothered, by that I mean those putting in expecting to get out (ie advertising or such).

Guest Stevie

If I was a foreign cunt and I lived in a shit country like Ireland or Australia as much as I hate to say it, it's likely I would adopt an English club. As we all know supporting a team isn't just for Christmas, so its wrong to level the accusation that they don't care about every aspect of the club and its' welfare.

Stevie, how long am I banned for? At least let me see what you said to get me banned it must have been good B) P.s not bothered by the way and some people have said have you apologised, not needed mate. I have never been the subject of such a long thread cheers mate.