Olympic football Brazil vs Argentina

Flair

3-0 to Argentina. Messi, Riquelme, Aguero, Machearano and Gago all look the part. We should try and get Di Maria aswell. Where as, Anderson, Lucas, Ronaldhinho, Diego and Pato haven't done much.

Edited by Attain

Why couldn't there be a GB team in the olympics.

Separate FAs want to maintain their status. There's going to be a team next time round but it may only be comprised of the English FA. Olympic football is pretty shit anyway though. Particularly the way it's an under-23 competition which allows 3 overaged players.

Separate FAs want to maintain their status. There's going to be a team next time round but it may only be comprised of the English FA. Olympic football is pretty shit anyway though. Particularly the way it's an under-23 competition which allows 3 overaged players.

There probably won't be a GB team by 2012.

I reckon there will be. I know what you're on about btw.

I reckon there will be. I know what you're on about btw.

Depends whether less people buy dodgy propaganda than deep fried mars bars really.

Edited by Fop

Its the Olympics Team GB that is out of step, we should have seperate teams England Scotland Wales NI for the Olympics - problem solved

Chris hoy is Scottish so Scotlad would have atleast 3 golds. The welsh would have a few too. But Northern Ireland would have none, I believe.

Edited by Attain

Who from Scotland, Wales or Ulster would get in it? The taffs, jocks, and micks would all moan when they had no starters.

Scotland= Darren Fletcher/Craig Gordon (as one of the 3 over aged players)

Northern Ireland= Ryan McGivern (the 18 year old from Man.City)

Wales= Gareth Bale

Also I am sure there are a couple of youngsters from each of those countries that could get in.

Guest Stevie
Who from Scotland, Wales or Ulster would get in it? The taffs, jocks, and micks would all moan when they had no starters.

Wales= Gareth Bale

Also I am sure there are a couple of youngsters from each of those countries that could get in.

Oh dear

..and Ryan McGivern, why don't they take Mark Doninger while they're on?

Yours You play too much FMingly,

Steve

Edited by Stevie

Wales= Gareth Bale

Oh dear

..and Ryan McGivern, why don't they take Mark Doninger while they're on?

Yours You play too much FMingly,

Steve

Craig Gordon is miles ahead of any of the current English keepers. Also Fletch is a quality player, underated by most. McGivern I meant as a squad filler.

Craig Gordon isn't even miles ahead of Steve Harper. David James is much better.

I doubt GB would enforce the 3 over 23 players to bring in an English keeper. Also Harper isn't CURRENTLY in the England Squad and David James is a Bramble type keeper. Class but a mistake just waiting to happen. Harper is England's best keeper and should be in the squad but I feel Gordon is slightly better than him.

Edited by Attain

Craig Gordon isn't even miles ahead of Steve Harper. David James is much better.

I doubt GB would enforce the 3 over 23 players to bring in an English keeper. Also Harper isn't CURRENTLY in the England Squad and David James is a Bramble type keeper. Class but a mistake just waiting to happen. Harper is England's best keeper and should be in the squad but I feel Gordon is slightly better than him.

That's a side issue though, i.e. the bit in bold. Harper isn't England's best keeper either although I did realise he wasn't in the England squad thanks. You missed the point which was me countering what you said about Gordon. I can't see (hypothetically) an under-23 a place being wasted on Gordon either though if you want to make that argument. I can see it being used on English players though, given the top 3 English players are better than the top 3 in any of the other nations by some way. I'm not someone who overhypes English players either but I do reckon the top ones could play for the very best clubs in Europe, something no other GB country could claim. Also, unlike Bramble (apart from the obvious gap in natural talent) James is actually a very consistent keeper, as his record over the years proves. He is prone to the odd high profile error though, which makes me question his big match temperament a bit. He's different class to Gordon however imo.