Paul

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than Taylor.

Forgot to take your medication today?

Evidently he hasn't.

The way people go on about Steven fucking Taylor is a joke man.. He's about as good as Kevin Scott (*) was back in the mid-late 80s.

Largely suspect the pro-Taylor clan will have to google that one :huh:

Well i rate him, yes he was poor last season but you can see he has the ability and potential to be a rock solid centre half, him and colo will be a trememdous pairing in defence. I just dont get all the stick he comes in for when he is heads and shoulders better than most we've had at this club in recent years.

He's better than Boumsong, Rozenhal and perhaps Cacapa on a bad day... but he's no better than the rest. He had visions of being the next Woodgate here - doesn't hold a candle to him IMO.

And his worst characteristic of all is he believes in all the hype about him.

Like any human being he has his flaws, but he has the makings of a top quality CB...i think had he not signed a new contract all of the top 4 would of been monitoring the situation. Yes he sometimes loses his man, yes he can be a bit mellowdramatic in the box and do daft things at times, but at 21/21 thats to be expected.

The boy has massive pressure on his shoulders, our only true geordie lad in the team, and probably the most important position on the pitch.

Personally i think he has coped astoundingly well and have 100% faith he will develope into our captain and rock at the back.

People seem to forget his age and the fact he has been paired with numpties at the back for a few years...he hasnt had a high quality partner at the back until now.

Hold judgement until january when then we will see how well he has done with colo alongside him...

The stick Taylor gets is embarassing.

When Nicky Butt fucked off down the tunnel in 2004 after we were humped in Cardiff, people wanted to kill him.

Steven Taylor does the complete opposite, and people want to castrate him.

Our fans are as fickle as fuck, and there's no denying it - I'm ashamed of some of them, although I sense the ones who complain about Taylor chucking his shirt into the away end aren't the ones who've spent good hard earned money getting down there and standing in it.

Better than Taylor.

Evidently he hasn't.

The way people go on about Steven fucking Taylor is a joke man.. He's about as good as Kevin Scott (*) was back in the mid-late 80s.

Well i rate him, yes he was poor last season but you can see he has the ability and potential to be a rock solid centre half, him and colo will be a trememdous pairing in defence. I just dont get all the stick he comes in for when he is heads and shoulders better than most we've had at this club in recent years.

He's better than Boumsong, Rozenhal and perhaps Cacapa on a bad day... but he's no better than the rest. He had visions of being the next Woodgate here - doesn't hold a candle to him IMO.

Like any human being he has his flaws, but he has the makings of a top quality CB...i think had he not signed a new contract all of the top 4 would of been monitoring the situation. Yes he sometimes loses his man, yes he can be a bit mellowdramatic in the box and do daft things at times, but at 21/21 thats to be expected.

The boy has massive pressure on his shoulders, our only true geordie lad in the team, and probably the most important position on the pitch.

Personally i think he has coped astoundingly well and have 100% faith he will develope into our captain and rock at the back.

People seem to forget his age and the fact he has been paired with numpties at the back for a few years...he hasnt had a high quality partner at the back until now.

Hold judgement until january when then we will see how well he has done with colo alongside him...

He's closer to 23 than 21 like.

People had a similar perspective on Ameobi at that age too.

When Nicky Butt fucked off down the tunnel in 2004 after we were humped in Cardiff, people wanted to kill him.

Our fans are as fickle as fuck, and there's no denying it - I'm ashamed of some of them, although I sense the ones who complain about Taylor chucking his shirt into the away end aren't the ones who've spent good hard earned money getting down there and standing in it.

To be fair all bar one poster mentioned about the shirt throwing and the rest where commenting on their opinion of how highly they rate him as a player. You could argue the opposite of what you are saying and question just because he is committed, shirt throwing etc why should he be exempt of any criticisms on his ability? Its all about opinions and it has been perfectly acceptable to slag off practically every centre half (in fact probably every player at some point in time) why should it be any different when it comes to Taylor?

although I sense the ones who complain about Taylor chucking his shirt into the away end aren't the ones who've spent good hard earned money getting down there and standing in it.

I don't think in his case its gesture politics and it can be appreciated but it should not be allowed as a magic bullet to exempt him from criticism.

I think Taylor has promise but has been just a prone to stupidity as Titus ever was If Faye hadn't left I'd have been happy for him to be reduced to occasional bit part player.

Edited by NJS

Better than Taylor.

Evidently he hasn't.

i wouldnt say hes better than any of them, especially not rozenhal

I was, on the whole, having a dig at those who whinge about him going to the away end after games, and I didn't say he was exempt from criticism but he gets slagged off when it's undeserved.

You say he's had as many fuckups as Titus, name me the last time he completely airkicked a clearance or played the ball directly to another attacker's feet for a goal?

In fact, name me all the times when he has been completely at fault for a goal?

I'm not saying he's some sort of Bobby Moore but he's been stable at the back for us at a time when everyone else has been absolutely abhorrent.

There's far more players who deserve comments such as "as good as Kevin Scott" (no need for the sarcastic comment on "googling" him either), "useless" and "learnt bollock all" ahead of Taylor - and how does anyone know he "believes his own hype"? When did he ever come out and say "I'm fucking mint, me"?

Nicky Butt didn't acknowledge magnificent support for a woeful performance.

Steven Taylor walks around a half empty stadium giving it the full Maximus Decimus Meridius even when the team have been booed off.

Both equally pathetic.

Steven Taylor walks around a half empty stadium giving it the full Maximus Decimus Meridius even when the team have been booed off.

Both equally pathetic.

I'd rather the fuckin second than the first.

How is it pathetic ffs? He acknowledges the support of the fans even when the team have been shite? I'd rather he did that than shy off down the tunnel like some of his counterparts.

Edited by Andrew Flintoff

In fact, name me all the times when he has been completely at fault for a goal?

I'm not that anal - just an impression - but the goal against Mallorca was down to him losing his man.

How is it pathetic ffs? He acknowledges the support of the fans even when the team have been shite? I'd rather he did that than shy off down the tunnel like some of his counterparts.

I know a lot of fans lap it up. I can't stand it personally.

If he's had a shit game and someone else has been immense, he's still there lapping up the other man's applause until the fat lady sings.

I was amazed he didn't join Shearer for his lap after the testimonial. :huh:

I know a lot of fans lap it up. I can't stand it personally.

If he's had a shit game and someone else has been immense, he's still there lapping up the other man's applause until the fat lady sings.

I was amazed he didn't join Shearer for his lap after the testimonial. :huh:

It only bothers me if support has been special and its not acknowledged - Cardiff and the first Barcelona game being the two that come to mind - run of the mill games I think players sometimes play up to it too much - Taylor not being the only one.

Mate, Ive been saying that for months. You would think with all the cunts, both on and off the pitch that have played for us over the years, a young local lad who is actually quite good and behaves himself wouldnt become the focal point for fans gip?

The bandwagon in this place must be clapped out the amount of people that get on it without a moments hesitation

Both equally pathetic.

:huh: You can guarantee if he fucked off straight down the tunnel instead hed still get the same amount of grief on here for ignoring the fans :lol:

Tbh i think hes come on perfectly well. Look at the decent English CBs around, Carragher, King, Ferdinand, Terry, Woodgate etc. None of them are 21/22

How old is Glen Johnson?

24 tommorow.