Anelka | Cisse

Yogic

Which striker would you prefer to play with Owen  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You have been linked, you might get neither, you might have the opportunity to sign either - so if it was your choice, which one would you want and why?

Thoughts on a post card ...

Edited by Yogic

I would rather pay less and get Keane/Ashton/Nugent and spend the remainder on a left back.

43530[/snapback]

I'd like to see Keane ehre. He should be in his prime, and has shown for club and country he's a good goalscorer. He's an important and feared striker for Ireland, so he should be for club - that may partly be due to the fact they haven no other good strikers, mind.

What a stupid poll. We can't even sign anyone until Christmas, and maybe not even then.

43484[/snapback]

Whinge, whinge, whinge.....

A few players have been mentioned here.

Kyut, Torres, Keane and Ashton.

Torres is a good player, his record in La Liga is pretty impressive and he is the Captian of his team. Im not to sure they will sell him, with Petrov and Kezman in they look like they are building a serious side. Plus, I dont think he would work well with Owen, not sure.

Keane is a talented player who is out of favor at the moment. He has experience and is a good finisher, but for some reason I cant see him bring that authority thats required for one of the 2 CF's and that same reason rules out Ashton.

Kyut would be a super buy, havent seen much oh him but they say he is the next big thing. Me thinks he will be bought by a massive club.

-

From Anelka and Cisse id go for Anelka. Experienced, has played for big clubs and knows whats expected of him. He would compliment Owen and would bring with him everything thats needed in the 2 CF pairing.

Cisse is quick and a decent finisher, but apart from that he doesnt have much to his game - atleast I havent seen it.

I would rather pay less and get Keane/Ashton/Nugent and spend the remainder on a left back.

43530[/snapback]

I'd like to see Keane ehre. He should be in his prime, and has shown for club and country he's a good goalscorer. He's an important and feared striker for Ireland, so he should be for club - that may partly be due to the fact they haven no other good strikers, mind.

43548[/snapback]

Excellent, that would mean we have two midgets (read wrigglers for gemmill) up front.

Or if we ever want the high we just sub one of them for Shola.

cisse is a better all round player than anelka,cisse gets on the wings sometimes and puts crosses in,typical example when he played in the super cup final the other month,he came on in the 80th minute and he scored x2 and set one up from the wing,so anyone who says he isnt a team player is wrong,i always see him all over the field!

I wouldn't mind seeing Cisse play a few games for Liverpool in his proper position before making my mind up. That said, if Benitez does that, he'll probably be happy to stay at Liverpool.

Yogic you obviously NEVER watch the guy,When he plays up front he sometimes drifts to the wings and delivers balls in and sometimes he stays central,my brother supports liverpool so i watch liverpool all the time,and he is a better all round player than anelka!!

everyone thinks that just cos' he isnt playing at the minute he isnt any good,this is rafa benitez' loss,cisse is a great player and he has proved that more than once,rafa benitez just prefers to play the players he's bought(crouch ;) ),fuck knows why!!

Edited by nufc1984

nufc1984 -

I have watched Cisse play in France and England.

He is a good player, one with great pace and an immense shot. He can leave defenders for dead with his pace, and he is never afraid of taking a shot on goal.

However, other than that he has nothing to his game. He cannot play on the flanks - he just cant. Rio Ferdinand would be better on the flanks than Cisse. He doesnt bring you that intelligent movement and his selfishness to take shots when he can play a teammate in is his downfall.

He is a good 'Striker', but thats where it ends.

nufc1984 -

I have watched Cisse play in France and England.

He is a good player, one with great pace and an immense shot. He can leave defenders for dead with his pace, and he is never afraid of taking a shot on goal.

However, other than that he has nothing to his game. He cannot play on the flanks - he just cant. Rio Ferdinand would be better on the flanks than Cisse.He doesnt bring you that intelligent movement and his selfishness to take shots when he can play a teammate in is his downfall.

He is a good 'Striker', but thats where it ends.

43676[/snapback]

That says everything about your football knowledge!