The Offficial Transfer Deadline Day thread

Tom

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny B shouldn't be allowed to get on his high horse about strikers, considering they've only got two <_<

One proven striker in this league, I would be shitting myself tbh.

Tottenham havent got a chance of breaking into the top 4 to be honest.

i still think its possible there are more deals.

bit dissapointed by the anticlimatic end, but we've had a good window overall, so i shouldn't be. assuming the 2 new signings are of danny guthrie class or better (i.e. competent to good PL players or better) we have done everything we needed to do, apart from sign a replacement for james milner and sign a fullback. which is pretty good.

we could do with nacho being something a bit special, because we badly need creativity in the side.

i still think its possible there are more deals.

bit dissapointed by the anticlimatic end, but we've had a good window overall, so i shouldn't be. assuming the 2 new signings are of danny guthrie class or better (i.e. competent to good PL players or better) we have done everything we needed to do, apart from sign a replacement for james milner and sign a fullback. which is pretty good.

we could do with nacho being something a bit special, because we badly need creativity in the side.

I do think thats it for us. Just waiting to see if Berb fell through

Still odd that we sold Milner without lining up a replacement (unless Jonas was it)

Danny B shouldn't be allowed to get on his high horse about strikers, considering they've only got two <_<

How many do you have fit?

Its actually better than 1 in 3 - pretty much 1 in 2 when he was on loan.

They just said 12 in 44 on SSN.

I wonder how many of those 44 appearances were starting.

I'm not convinced by Pavlychenko. He seemed to need five or six chances in the Euro chmapionships before he put one away.

Apparently Robinho's on £6m a year after tax which is £115k a week after tax.

Wasn't that Euros?

I was of the belief it was in ££££s seeing as thats UK currency.

You don't say. <_<

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that bloke on SSN give the fee and the wages in Euros, for no apparent reason.

Aye, was euros

42mil euro fee 6mil euros a year wage

I stand corrected. Mon apologias.

No worries, it was strange thing for him to do, must have wanted to come across as all suave and continental.

What's Darren Bent's goal ratio for Spurs again?

I still think we're short of numbers - the benches so far have been too young. I trust people like Edgar to a degree and maybe Geremi will become more of a fringe player but I'd liked to have seen one of the two defenders we were linked with in the last couple of days + maybe the Norwegian bloke come in.

If we're very lucky with injuries I think we can finish top 8 - a normal season injury wise and I think it'll be similar to last year unless we can improve things in January.

By the time of our next Premiership game? Probably Owen, Martins, Xisco, Smith and Ameobi with a small chance of Viduka making it.

How many do you have?

Out:

Carr, Ramage, Diatta, Faye, Troisi, Milner, Emre.

In:

Coloccini, Bassong, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Ranger, Gonzalez, Xisco.

Seven out, seven in and most of the leavers didn't play much for us anyway for whatever reason.

I suspect we may have signed a handful of other youngsters, Spear for example.

One who is a class above yours. Martins will be back soon, not sure if you will have heard of him? Maybe?

Its actually better than 1 in 3 - pretty much 1 in 2 when he was on loan.

They just said 12 in 44 on SSN.

I wonder how many of those 44 appearances were starting.

In his first year (05/06) he made only one start, 11 apps as a sub in the league, scored once.

Last year he made 23 starts, 2 apps as a sub, scored 9 goals. One goal per 181 minutes according to his profile on transfermarkt.de.

By the time of our next Premiership game? Probably Owen, Martins, Xisco, Smith and Ameobi with a small chance of Viduka making it.

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

Given

Beye

Coloccini

Taylor

Enrique

Gutierrez

Guthrie

Barton

N'Zogbia

Owen

Viduka

SUBS

Harper

Bassong

Butt

Geremi

Gonzalez

Martins

Xisco

That looks like a decent starting XI when/if every fucker is fit

Jonas (quality great signing)

Guthrie (was bought as squad/one for the future imo not meant as a first team reg.)

Bassong (was bought as squad/one for the future imo not meant as a first team reg..)

Coloccini (quality signing)

Gonzalez ( we didn't even buy this one....)

Ranger (won't play a game outside of a meaningless one or two this season no doubt, can't count him..one for the future etc)

Xisco (unheard of youngster whose never played in the prem)

So we let (not that i rate them all mind)

but premier league experienced players, some internationals including an international captain go, got the wage bill down, made some money and brought in the above

...not to bad really?.... i think it is.

couple of quality signings

couple who weren't meant to be starting in the first team regularly

couple who are young and wont make the bench unless theres injuries or will be making up numbers

a strike no one knows of who has a 1/4 goal ratio in spain

one we don't even own..

pretty piss poor haul considering they've been working since January and knew what state our squad was in

was anyone expecting that after keegans quotes about the quality players he was bringing in and 4-5 irons in the fire

i sure as fuck wasn't

You're right mate, it's terrible, we're fucked. Championship material. Doomed I sez DOOOMED.

or... We've bought the right players at the right price, we've strengthened areas that needed strengthening and shipped out some dead wood.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you.