The Offficial Transfer Deadline Day thread

Tom

0034: ENORMOUS BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

The Spurs website says they have agreed to sell Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United for £30.75m, with Fraizer Campbell going to Spurs on a season-long loan. Did you get all that?

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of injuries puts most sides under the kosh. We didn't have any European football to offer, ridiculous money wasn't thrown at them, these lads have been signed because they want to play under KK, for the club, playing the Newcastle way. That to me is better than seeing 5 or 6 10m + signings who are only at the club for the money.

That looks like a decent starting XI when/if every fucker is fit

a couple of injuries put us under the kosh more than i'd like though...

bleh i was actually looking forward to this season since janaury

keegan back

loads of time to sort the squad out etcetcetc

think i'm more fcked off than when we started with Allerdyce last year

I'm not. The four first team players we've bought already look the part and we've got a striker and a midfielder in who are unknown quantities currently. The only other areas i'd say we really needed to buy was one more in midfield and another defender.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that by January we have the investment in place MA knows we need to compete.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Jonas (quality great signing)

Guthrie (was bought as squad/one for the future imo not meant as a first team reg.)

Bassong (was bought as squad/one for the future imo not meant as a first team reg..)

Coloccini (quality signing)

Gonzalez ( we didn't even buy this one....)

Ranger (won't play a game outside of a meaningless one or two this season no doubt, can't count him..one for the future etc)

Xisco (unheard of youngster whose never played in the prem)

So we let (not that i rate them all mind)

but premier league experienced players, some internationals including an international captain go, got the wage bill down, made some money and brought in the above

...not to bad really?.... i think it is.

couple of quality signings

couple who weren't meant to be starting in the first team regularly

couple who are young and wont make the bench unless theres injuries or will be making up numbers

a strike no one knows of who has a 1/4 goal ratio in spain

one we don't even own..

pretty piss poor haul considering they've been working since January and knew what state our squad was in

was anyone expecting that after keegans quotes about the quality players he was bringing in and 4-5 irons in the fire

i sure as fuck wasn't

You're right mate, it's terrible, we're fucked. Championship material. Doomed I sez DOOOMED.

or... We've bought the right players at the right price, we've strengthened areas that needed strengthening and shipped out some dead wood.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you.

Well said fish...

Ants part of the bi-polar pessimistic posse...

Although id of liked to of seen a few more faces in im quite pleased...lets see how we do...ya never know we mite wake up to some confirmations and or some pleseant news!

As always my glass is most certainly half full

i still think its possible there are more deals.

bit dissapointed by the anticlimatic end, but we've had a good window overall, so i shouldn't be. assuming the 2 new signings are of danny guthrie class or better (i.e. competent to good PL players or better) we have done everything we needed to do, apart from sign a replacement for james milner and sign a fullback. which is pretty good.

we could do with nacho being something a bit special, because we badly need creativity in the side.

I do think thats it for us. Just waiting to see if Berb fell through

Still odd that we sold Milner without lining up a replacement (unless Jonas was it)

you're probably right, but i doubt keegan was doing nowt on deadline day, but we had no coverage of breaking transfers on ssn, so that makes me feel that we were doing things ssn were not aware of, or were not looking at because of berb and robinho.

whether we signed those players is another matter, although, because the official site announced the 2, we probably didn't complete any late deals we were going for, if we were going for them.

or... We've bought the right players at the right price, we've strengthened areas that needed strengthening and shipped out some dead wood.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you.

we didn't even buy all those players being the point, some of the ones we did buy won't/shouldn't even be seeing first team action this season ffs

like i said i was filled with optimism in January and towards the end of last season

loads of time, keegan back, supposed scouts with great spanish contacts in the club etc

what have we ended up with, a midfielder on loan from a team that just avoided relegation in spain last year.... and we didn't even buy him lol

aye my enthusiasim has gone

honestly hope your right and they turn out to be inspired signings and do well, we'll see in a couple of months

That saves me trying to sum up your contribution, well done. Maybe Rocket science is something you shouldn't really consider as a career prospect.

If that's the end of our dealings, then this is how we shape up (at least for the next 4 or so months):

Goal Keepers:

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Fraser Forster

Central Defenders:

Fabricio Coloccini

Caçapa

Sébastien Bassong

Steven Taylor

David Edgar

Fullbacks:

Habib Beye

José Enrique

Central Midfield:

Joey Barton

Nicky Butt

Danny Guthrie

Ignacio González

Side Midfielders:

Charles N'Zogbia

Damien Duff

Jonás Gutiérrez

Geremi

Forwards:

Michael Owen

Obafemi Martins

Mark Viduka

Xisco

Alan Smith

Shola Ameobi

Fringe/Youth:

DF Callum Morris

MF Mark Doninger

FW Ryan Donaldson

FW Andy Carroll

MF Jonny Godsmark

MF James Marwood

MF Kazenga LuaLua

DF Darren Lough

FW Nile Ranger

DF Tamás Kádár

DF Ben Tozer

FW Fabio Zamblera

GK Tim Krul

GK Ole Söderberg

FW Frank Wiafe Danquah

FW Wesley Ngo Baheng

Edited by OzToonFan

Jesus Ant will you stop with the knee jerk!! 1 of those players is on loan, wheres the risk in that? Would you rather we had bought him on a 5 year deal and he turned out shit?

If you look at it, we've signed 4 players from la liga, so the Spanish connections must've come into use, no?

If that's the end of our dealings, then this is how we shape up (at least for the next 4 or so months):

Goal Keepers:

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Fraser Forster

Central Defenders:

Fabricio Coloccini

Caçapa

Sébastien Bassong

Steven Taylor

David Edgar

Fullbacks:

Habib Beye

José Enrique

Central Midfield:

Joey Barton

Nicky Butt

Danny Guthrie

Ignacio González

Side Midfielders:

Charles N'Zogbia

Damien Duff

Jonás Gutiérrez

Geremi

Forwards"

Michael Owen

Obafemi Martins

Mark Viduka

Xisco

Alan Smith

Shola Ameobi

Fringe/Youth:

DF Callum Morris

MF Mark Doninger

FW Ryan Donaldson

FW Andy Carroll

MF Jonny Godsmark

MF James Marwood

MF Kazenga LuaLua

DF Darren Lough

FW Nile Ranger

DF Tamás Kádár

DF Ben Tozer

FW Fabio Zamblera

GK Tim Krul

GK Ole Söderberg

FW Frank Wiafe Danquah

FW Wesley Ngo Baheng

Looks familiar...well pinched and adapted :lol:

I dont think its all that bad tbh

:D

Then do us all a favour and literally fuck off.

how about you fuck off yourself

you wanna be an optimistic fucker happy with those signings fine

i think I'll stick with waiting to see what there like and keeping my opinion due to their piss poor stats at former clubs, previous experience etc

sorry a striker with a 1/4 ratio and a midfielder from a club who nearly got relegated and couldn't manage to get on for them doesn't instill great prospects

why everyone thinks we've managed decent signings before seeing any of them kick a ball considering not a single fcking one of the optimistic crowd had even heard of them is beyond me

least my view that they might not be great has a basis

Just re-read what you've said. You've written them off before they kick a ball you morose spud flinger...

i think I'll stick with waiting to see what there like and keeping my opinion due to their piss poor stats at former clubs, previous experience etc

sorry a striker with a 1/4 ratio and a midfielder from a club who nearly got relegated and couldn't manage to get on for them doesn't instill great prospects

why everyone thinks we've managed decent signings before seeing any of them kick a ball considering not a single fcking one of the optimistic crowd had even heard of them is beyond me

:lol: you're doing Exactly the same thing that you're criticising others for, judging players that you've never seen. :D

i think we've improved more than any team outside the top 4 bar city and possibly boro, slightly more than villa. we're not going too, in one window, go from lucky to avoid relegation to CL contenders, so that is fine by me.

Edited by louis toon

No it doesn't, you've even had a go at the players who've come in and done well e.g. Guthrie / Owen. You're overly negative about everything, instead of saying that Valencia nearly got relegated, how about saying that they won the Copa del Rey? No, because that wouldn't fit your bitter little twisted view on things would it? You're a joke.

No it doesn't, you've even had a go at the players who've come in and done well e.g. Guthrie / Owen. You're overly negative about everything, instead of saying that Valencia nearly got relegated, how about saying that they won the Copa del Rey? No, because that wouldn't fit your bitter little twisted view on things would it? You're a joke.

well said

Nice to see my abuse of Ant has been justified completely.

Possibly the thickest Irish piece of shit I've ever seen post on the internet.

lol yet I'm not actually

i love the way the Irish get labeled thick so frequently, your the same retard that got into this debate before aren't you

ended up even making an arse outta yourself on house prices or some balls to be sure to be sure

if ya can't manage anything wittier than a piss poor stereotype pipe down or fuck off...... begorrah

FYP :lol:

maybe you should have a bash at re-reading,

Oh I'm sorry, have you seen Nacho or Xisco play many games in the premiership? Great, could you give us an insight? How did they cope?

Mope. :lol: