The Offficial Transfer Deadline Day thread

Tom

I think we've definately improved our squad from this time last year.

It's not a massive improvement mind you, but we've definately gone in the right direction.

One of the big problems though, is that other clubs at or around the same level as us have seemingly improved their squads even more. So whilst in real terms we've effectively improved, by virtue of those around us improving more we've perhpas slid back a little.

It's all just paper talk at the moment. In the end you can only have 11 players on the field at once. It's the same old story of injuries yet again for us, but if we have everyone fit we could field a pretty competitive team.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see my abuse of Ant has been justified completely.

Possibly the thickest Irish piece of shit I've ever seen post on the internet.

lol yet I'm not actually

i love the way the Irish get labeled thick so frequently, your the same retard that got into this debate before aren't you

ended up even making an arse outta yourself on house prices or some balls

if ya can't manage anything wittier than a piss poor stereotype pipe down or fuck off

That wasn't me, Ant. Your memory seems a tad hazy. Perhaps you should lay off the drink for a few hours?

It's not a massive improvement mind you, but we've definately gone in the right direction.

One of the big problems though, is that other clubs at or around the same level as us have seemingly improved their squads even more. So whilst in real terms we've effectively improved, by virtue of those around us improving more we've perhpas slid back a little.

It's all just paper talk at the moment. In the end you can only have 11 players on the field at once. It's the same old story of injuries yet again for us, but if we have everyone fit we could field a pretty competitive team.

really? Who?

who have improved more?

city withstanding, if we'd had any of the other 19 PL team's transfer windows we would be fuming right now.

Its not perfect but it never was going to be, on paper I think we have everything we need even if it means players like Geremi and N'Zogbia (although I think Bassong is more likely and early judgement will do well) will have to play the odd game at full back.

Really looking forward to the season now. My most recent concern was a mobile target man and we have signed someone who although is still going to be rough around the edges is apparently very good at it. Even if he isn't a great goalscorer (and last season he actually was very prolific) Xisco won't be burdened with scoring a massive amount of goals as Martins and Owen have shown they are capable of putting a few away.

Hopefully Gonzalez will continue the goalscoring form he has shown at other clubs because a goalscoring ACM is what we have missed for a while.

Jonas has shown his class, his pace and willingness to attack will be a huge asset to us aswell as his determination and engine. Coloccini although not entorely settled has still shown his class. Guthrie has so far performed above expectation and has shown an eye for a killer pass whilst being solid and "low risk" in his general play. Bassong we have seen little of but what we have seen is promising.

That wasn't me, Ant. Your memory seems a tad hazy. Perhaps you should lay off the drink for a few hours?

apologies i get mixed up with ignorant cretins chucking about stereotypes, they tend to all be the same type of inbred dense little shites that don't have any intelligence or wit about them

:lol:

Could have saved yourself a lot of time and just typed 'Irish'.

apologies i get mixed up with ignorant cretins chucking about stereotypes, they tend to all be the same type of inbred dense little shites that don't have any intelligence or wit about them

You might not be thick but you're still wrong.

not really, maybe your just used to the slightly denser Irish you get over there

That's the one's who don't get enough grades to get into the decent education here so have to head to england to goto uni/college etc there

much easier ya know with your lower end exam results for them to get a place, they fit in better

How you can have a go at anyone's education is a marvel of the modern world. :D

:D

not really, maybe your just used to the slightly denser Irish you get over there

That's the one's who don't get enough grades to get into the decent education here so have to head to england to goto uni/college etc there

much easier ya know with your lower end exam results for them to get a place, they fit in better

:lol: I love the way you try and portray yourself as a 'clever Irishman' in a post bereft of good spelling, punctuation or grammar.

Edit: And many of us did get good grades, we just chose to broaden our horizons a little further than the Holylands.

Edited by ewerk

Someone feel free to bookmark this thread

we'll see if were languishing around 11th-14th at xmas time and how well our wheelings and dealings have done us

You'll be pleased I take it, judging by your ravings.

I don't live in England.

I've done my job tonight. Better luck next time, Ant.

we'll see if were languishing around 11th-14th at xmas time and how well our wheelings and dealings have done us

ok Ant, who exactly were you expecting to sign?

How you can have a go at anyone's education is a marvel of the modern world. :icon_lol:

If it makes you feel any better it's your taxes that pay me quite a lot of money :D

... taxes? :lol:

really? Who?

Man City & Tottenham.

Sunderland have also improved their squad more than we have. Mind you ours is still better than theirs by some distance, but in theory they've closed the gap somewhat. Villa have also improved - that Milner lad looks to have a good future :lol: . Everton haven't improved much, but Saha could be a key signing for them IF he actually plays (and that's a big IF).

I don't live in England.

apologies feel free to apply it to where ever your flag relates to, Ireland got the highest results yet again so makes little difference

You seem to be ignoring my questions in favour of having a bit blarney.. so I'll try again.

Realistically who did you expect us to sign?

really? Who?

Man City & Tottenham.

Sunderland have also improved their squad more than we have. Mind you ours is still better than theirs by some distance, but in theory they've closed the gap somewhat. Villa have also improved - that Milner lad looks to have a good future :lol: . Everton haven't improved much, but Saha could be a key signing for them IF he actually plays (and that's a big IF).

We're now not in the same financial league as Man City and Spurs were exactly like we were a couple of seasons ago. People often forget this though.

Ant lad, do you know a Dr Gloom? You remind me a lot of him.

As I said at midday, I'm satisfied with these transfer dealings and though we may have all been hoping for the "wow" signing it was never reality. The deadwood has been thoroughly culled, with the exception of Smith and Ameobi, and hopefully we can (find a decent mob outfit to take care of them) get shot of them soon enough.

In Keegan we trust.

Fucking hell what's with the negativity this has been a good window for us, we're not in Man city's position so we weren't going to sign a Robinho but we've been steadily improving our squad. Other teams have had far worse transfer windows than us so personally I'm pleased. You're calling Xisco for not being particularly prolific for a team that just avoided relegation, it's harder to be prolific for teams that narrowly avoid relegation that's why they are in that position. Your negativity is boring tbh try being positive for a change.

ok Ant, who exactly were you expecting to sign?

Considering we were linked with the likes of Modric etc back in January (when us getting euro football was out of the question and the likes of spurs hadn't qualified or won the cup yet)

to signing unheard of player on loan and youngsters who prob shouldn't be making the 1st team.

i think we should have at least been able to compete with the likes of Portsmouth for players like Diarra etc (hadn't qualified for europe then either)

Think i'd happily have had Defoe at the time and all

if nacho is un heard of then what exactly was modric in january? i for one didn't know he existed until thetransfer saga.

we can compete with pompey, but that doesn't mean that by right any player they sign should be not good enough for us.

I don't live in England.

apologies feel free to apply it to where ever your flag relates to, Ireland got the highest results yet again so makes little difference

I'm assuming your only proof is that you know of someone who achieved a C in Art?