The Offficial Transfer Deadline Day thread

Tom

I think we've definately improved our squad from this time last year.

It's not a massive improvement mind you, but we've definately gone in the right direction.

One of the big problems though, is that other clubs at or around the same level as us have seemingly improved their squads even more. So whilst in real terms we've effectively improved, by virtue of those around us improving more we've perhpas slid back a little.

It's all just paper talk at the moment. In the end you can only have 11 players on the field at once. It's the same old story of injuries yet again for us, but if we have everyone fit we could field a pretty competitive team.

really? Who?

Man City & Tottenham.

Sunderland have also improved their squad more than we have. Mind you ours is still better than theirs by some distance, but in theory they've closed the gap somewhat. Villa have also improved - that Milner lad looks to have a good future :lol: . Everton haven't improved much, but Saha could be a key signing for them IF he actually plays (and that's a big IF).

city and spurs have signed better players, but both are in europe and have much more spending power. if we'd had spurs transfer window we'd be fuming as well. they've signed a lot of midfield quality and got a decent keeper, but they still only have big big questionmarks up front, and only 3 centrebacks, 2 of which are the most injury prone in the league. they also really need a DM, who they have not signed, unless corluka plays there, which he probably will to be fair.

with the amount of stick people are giving keegan and (mainly) ashley over having only 3 strikers, 2 of which are injury prone (now 4), we'd be fuming if we only had 3 centrebacks, 2 of which had king and woodgate's injury record.

villa have improved aye, but we've done a bit better imo. sunderland have closed the gap, but they've done that by turning their team into something better than really poor. they now have a team that can call itself a premiership team. but to improve it again next year, while still paying over the odds for the players they have signed in the past 2 seasons, will be harder.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live in England.

I've done my job tonight. Better luck next time, Ant.

apologies feel free to apply it to where ever your flag relates to, Ireland got the highest results yet again so makes little difference

I'm assuming your only proof is that you know of someone who achieved a C in Art?

no the tables get published every year in august

I read them.... do you know how to read things like that or do you just buy the star and keep up to date on what jodie marsh is doing?

The irony... :lol: I just can't take it :D

To clarify I'm happy with this transfer window. Just a bit cautious of clipping down the 'size and stature' ladder because that could influence our ability to sign players in future windows.

Definately moving in the right direction. I'm optimistic about all of the players we've signed. Of the four that have played in the black and white thus far, they've all proved to have been astute buys that have improved us.

On the balance of things, our signings are better than most other clubs in the league, that's for sure. I would have preferred if Nacho was a permanent signing rather than a loan (especially considering we're loaning him from a club that just bought him).

The irony... :D I just can't take it :icon_lol:

reply with a point, that wasn't one

:lol: All right, I'll spell it out in Duplo bricks if that's what it takes.

You're an idiot.

and you a demagogue.

Edited by The Fish

I don't live in England.

I've done my job tonight. Better luck next time, Ant.

apologies feel free to apply it to where ever your flag relates to, Ireland got the highest results yet again so makes little difference

I'm assuming your only proof is that you know of someone who achieved a C in Art?

no the tables get published every year in august

I read them.... do you know how to read things like that or do you just buy the star and keep up to date on what jodie marsh is doing?

The irony in your post is absolutely hilarious.

Typical mick, to be honest.

I guess most of us, deep down, were hoping we would pull a star name out of the hat but always knowing that there was fuck all chance of it really happening.

The guys we got in before yesterday have shown themselvs to be capable of performing in the premiership, more-so Jonas who has exceeded my expectations so far and I think he has a lot more in his locker, Coloccini will be a solid signing and I think Gutherie has done better than anyone had expected so it seems crazy to write off Xisco and Gonzalez before even seeing what they have to offer, there have been numerous players signed in the past who were not household names but have turned out to be very good players.

I am slightly worried about LB & DM but there fuck all we can do about that now, so we need to get behind the boys and KK, pray injuries are kind to us and hope Owen signs his new deal

:lol: