Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

It seems to me that KK gets more respect on here than he actually deserves.

Nope, he gets about as much, or perhaps actually even less, than he deserves.

Plus only he can make you feel all..... Keeganish.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moncur summed it up best.

He basically said that if the manager isn't in charge of player recruitment then who is to blame if it goes wrong? The lad with the flash title or the manager?

The three tier system works fine in Spain because over there they can sack, sack and sack without half the level of criticism we get over here.

He basically said that if the manager isn't in charge of player recruitment then who is to blame if it goes wrong? The lad with the flash title or the manager?

The three tier system works fine in Spain because over there they can sack, sack and sack without half the level of criticism we get over here.

I concur with Moncur.

You have to set an expectation based on the playing staff you have and set a target based on that.

If the squad underachieves the buck stops with the coach.

I concur with Moncur.

:lol:

Ever thought that Keegan was promised different to what there is now when he signed his contract, Danny? Thus the meetings?

Like what? I am pretty sure MA has let it be known what he is doing from the start, cutting the wage bill and running NUFC like a business.

Chris Mort negotiated the return of Keegan.

As I say I am sure it would have all been explained to him. I am sure the team isnt what Ramos envisioned on joining Spurs, but he will do the best with what he has and hope we can get what we need.

Listen son, no manager worth his salt allows others to choose his transfer targets. They all have the right to resign, and Ramos is a prick if he puts up with it. As sad as I will be if Keegan still leaves, he's quite within his rights to kick up about it if this is what happened [and IMO it certainly looks that way]

Hes used to being a head coach in the system. The director of football is his boss.

If you told your boss to fuck off every time he said something you didnt like then you would be unemployable.

All well and good, but imagine being told by Dennis Wise, one eye making contact with yours, the other one looking straight out the window, that the players that you want don't tally with the ones he thinks you should have. I imagine it would make you want to kill.

Ever thought that Keegan was promised different to what there is now when he signed his contract, Danny? Thus the meetings?

Like what? I am pretty sure MA has let it be known what he is doing from the start, cutting the wage bill and running NUFC like a business.

As I say I am sure it would have all been explained to him. I am sure the team isnt what Ramos envisioned on joining Spurs, but he will do the best with what he has and hope we can get what we need.

Listen son, no manager worth his salt allows others to choose his transfer targets. They all have the right to resign, and Ramos is a prick if he puts up with it. As sad as I will be if Keegan still leaves, he's quite within his rights to kick up about it if this is what happened [and IMO it certainly looks that way]

Hes used to being a head coach in the system. The director of football is his boss.

If you told your boss to fuck off every time he said something you didnt like then you would be unemployable.

All well and good, but imagine being told by Dennis Wise, one eye making contact with yours, the other one looking straight out the window, that the players that you want don't tally with the ones he thinks you should have. I imagine it would make you want to kill.

I cannot argue with that.

It didn't for Ramos and Benny that's why they are here.

Oh aye, another thing? This merry-go-round of hell is yet further proof that the media haven't got a scooby do what's happening behind closed doors.

Annoying as hell because, while they can still speculate (causing us no end of heartache), at least in house issues are being kept there.

Oh aye, another thing? This merry-go-round of hell is yet further proof that the media haven't got a scooby do what's happening behind closed doors.

Annoying as hell because, while they can still speculate (causing us no end of heartache), at least in house issues are being kept there.

Except that this proves they've been spot on about all the discontent behind the scenes.

I cannot argue with that.

don't then.

Apology accepted.

New rumour from readytogo:

I work in Newcastle and this is the latest rumour doing the rounds, not sure if true but the whole situation is funny as fuck

anyway senior club staff at the scum had to hold an emergency meeting with keegan at newcastle airport this afternoon in a bid to stop him boarding a plane. Fat Mike had sacked and then shit himself at the fans reaction

Except that this proves they've been spot on about all the discontent behind the scenes.

You see my love for Louise was a just cause. :angry:

You have to set an expectation based on the playing staff you have and set a target based on that.

If the squad underachieves the buck stops with the coach.

aaawww fuck clean off man you irritating little shite

Kevin Keegan was talking to his lawyers last night as he considered launching a claim for constructive dismissal against Newcastle United

After a day of drama in which owner Mike Ashley insisted Keegan had not been sacked as manager, the ex-England boss was in a Manchester hotel with his legal advisers. Newcastle do not want to pay the compensation on his contract, believed to be £8million.

The 57-year-old believes his position at St James' Park has become untenable after a day of boardroom posturing. Although players and staff are expecting Keegan to take training this morning, his family and friends believe his time is over. His contract obliges him to pay more than £1million in compensation if he walks out and Keegan is exploring how to resolve the situation without actually resigning.

The club have admitted Keegan and Ashley, along with members of the board, held two heated meetings, as exclusively revealed by Sportsmail yesterday.

Transfer policy, the failure to tie Michael Owen to a new contract, the role of football director Dennis Wise and the aborted sale of Joey Barton, which fell through on transfer deadline day, were discussed. The Newcastle board were convinced Keegan had walked out following a ferocious row.

He accused them of 'false promises' and they told him he knew he would be working within a budget when he returned to the club.

'We are not Chelsea or Manchester City,' one senior member of staff is said to have told the manager during the blazing row.

Keegan left the second meeting yesterday morning believing he had been sacked but Newcastle put out a statement seven hours later claiming he had not been dismissed but remained an integral part of the club's future. This came a f t e r thousands of fans gathered outside the ground calling for Ashley's head.

The billionaire sportswear tycoon is understood to have been unsettled by the adverse reaction of fans to Keegan's departure and the prospect of Wise taking over the reins with his former Leeds assistant and Chelsea team-mate Gus Poyet.

The current regime is already reeling from the lowest attendance at St James' for more than a decade for the opening home fixture with Bolton, with an unheard of 4,500 empty seats. Huge pro-Keegan demonstrations are expected at their next game against Hull City on September 13.

Keegan and Ashley clashed in a heated exchange over a number of issues which have been coming to a head for several weeks, with Keegan unable any longer to suppress his anger and frustration.

He was upset that the entire squad was put up for sale on Monday as the transfer window closed and that two more players, Xisco and Nacho Gonzalez, were signed without his knowledge. Keegan was also disturbed by the plan to sell Joey Barton behind his back.

Like summer additions Danny Guthrie, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, the latest signings have been scouted and hired by Wise and his fellow director Tony Jimenez, with Keegan having little say in the process.

Keegan, who resigned as Newcastle manager in 1997 over the club's Stock Market sale, was fully aware of Wise's pending arrival when he took over but has not been comfortable with the reality of being a manager in name only. Former Ireland and Newcastle defender John Anderson, who played alongside Keegan on Tyneside in the early Eighties, said: 'It's no surprise. I think the way he has been treated has been shabby to say the least. From the outside it looks like he's been let down.'

John Beresford, who played under Keegan during his first spell as manager from 1992-97, said: 'I can't tell you how bad this will be for the club. This could be devastating for Newcastle. Kevin Keegan had put the club back on track again - the fans were starting to feel pride in the club again.'

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...mpensation.html

The current regime is already reeling from the lowest attendance at St James' for more than a decade for the opening home fixture with Bolton, with an unheard of 4,500 empty seats. Huge pro-Keegan demonstrations are expected at their next game against Hull City on September 13.

Funny how we managed to squeeze more than 47k into a 36k capacity ground like..

Liverpool can do it.

Liverpool can do it.

They really must be 'Magic' European nights :lol: