Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord and anyone who'd listen, about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

Now before you all start, I'm recounting something my dad has told me, so it's unlikely to be something he'd make up (for a start he doesn't know enough about football to use phrases like transfer window and Director of Football) and yes it's Malcolm Macdonald who's a grade A prick.

I'm not staking my life on the veracity of MacDonald's insight, just passing on a titbit.

But Wise has been offered the manager's job... Stevie said so!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future.”

Alan Curbishley

I'd wager that Keegan's statement to the fans would be practically word for word.

This fucking Lowestoft-based, Aussie-speaking, hooked on wanking piece of shit just sent this to me on MSN....

And neglected to put Curbishley's name on the bottom of it.... :lol:

James, you're an absolute cunt!

Right, you know I'm not one to post "he said she said" rumours, but my Dad has just got back from the village shop and said that Super Mac was outside the Melton Constable in Seaton Sluice, chatting to the landlord and anyone who'd listen, about the situation. According to Malcolm the rift is between Keegan and Wise, not Ashley, Wise has been having "secret" meetings wise Ashley behind Keegan's back, trying to cut Keegan out of the transfer process. Wise is for the chop.

Now before you all start, I'm recounting something my dad has told me, so it's unlikely to be something he'd make up (for a start he doesn't know enough about football to use phrases like transfer window and Director of Football) and yes it's Malcolm Macdonald who's a grade A prick.

I'm not staking my life on the veracity of MacDonald's insight, just passing on a titbit.

110%

Just like Baines

Edited by Happy Face

110%

Just like Baines

bastard. Was just gonna say that :lol:

New Macdonald's Steak titbits, for when you have voracious insight.

Edited by trophyshy

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future.”

Alan Curbishley

I'd wager that Keegan's statement to the fans would be practically word for word.

This fucking Lowestoft-based, Aussie-speaking, hooked on wanking piece of shit just sent this to me on MSN....

And neglected to put Curbishley's name on the bottom of it.... :D

James, you're an absolute cunt!

:lol:

New Macdonald's Steak titbits, for when you have voracious insight.

:lol:

Word going around that Wise to get the tin-tack*

*sack

Source?

If they did sack Wise though on what grounds would it be? You can't just dismiss people on a whim without some come back from the person getting the boot. The only thing I can think of would be a redundency, that might work if his job no longer existed.

*sack

Source?

If they did sack Wise though on what grounds would it be? You can't just dismiss people on a whim without some come back from the person getting the boot. The only thing I can think of would be a redundency, that might work if his job no longer existed.

Aye you can, football clubs do it all the time.

*sack

Source?

As long as his contract is paid up you can pretty much what you want.

*sack

Source?

A management re-structure which will offer Wise a position on the coaching staff and offer Jiminez and Vetere scouting roles.

Of course, if they don't want to accept these new roles...

*sack

Source?

A management re-structure which will offer Wise a position on the coaching staff and offer Jiminez and Vetere scouting roles.

I'd be alright with Jiminez and Vetere staying since they both have a lot of contacts/experience in those roles but what would wise actually bring to the coaching staff

must get rid

*sack

Source?

Can you imagine Keegan's face if he Wise did accept that offer?

*sack

Source?

Can you imagine Keegan's face if he Wise did accept that offer?

I think he'd be along the line of "right you little fucker, I've got some jobs for you to do..........."

*sack

Source?

I like the sound of that, sounds like the sort of thing they do where I work when they want to get shot of someone.

David Craig on SSN saying there has been no sign of Keegan at Newcastle today, they claim he was at his Manchester home lastnight, other than that they know nothing, and no word of Wise being sacked.

So selling Milner with our such fragile squad is good business?

If we could of the £12m and had a big enough squad that would of been a steal, but given the wafer thinness of the squad if we get injuries without the likes of Milner it could cost of 5 places in the Premiership (maybe oven Prem status god forbid) so this is good business?

£12 million for a player of Milner's limited abilities is cracking business.

David Craig on SSN saying there has been no sign of Keegan at Newcastle today, they claim he was at his Manchester home lastnight, other than that they know nothing, and no word of Wise being sacked.

Never a truer word spoken.

Sacking Wise would be a PR masterstroke for Ashley. We all hated Wise before he came, were worried he would undermine Keegan when he arrived and most fancy him as a reason for all of this now.

If Ashley wants to go back to Blu Bambu the best thing he could do would be to sack Wise and publicly support Keegan (give him full control of transfers). This is the only way he could get the goodwill towards him back. Regardless of what the whole truth behind all of this is.

Sacking Wise would be a PR masterstroke for Ashley. We all hated Wise before he came, were worried he would undermine Keegan when he arrived and most fancy him as a reason for all of this now.

If Ashley wants to go back to Blu Bambu the best thing he could do would be to sack Wise and publicly support Keegan (give him full control of transfers). This is the only way he could get the goodwill towards him back. Regardless of what the whole truth behind all of this is.

Yep.

Not sure if Jiminez and Vetere came in as Wise's people though, and would be lost should he be sacked. Would be a shame to do so as they've brought in some very reasonably priced talent.

Some more ITKFA from Football 365

Ive heard one version of what happend from a sauce. I cant be arsed to explain the provenance as I am not a fan or hater of NUFC/MCFC or have any real opinion about either

I apologise profusely if this has been done already but..

Since about January, anyone who wanted to buy a football club in the UK has been directed to NUFC or MCFC. This Abu Dhabi gent was looking at both for last 3 months and was playing them off against each other to get the cheapest price. Some time last week (or week before) he met with Ashley and told him that he will gaurantee Robinho and more stars if he buys. He told MCFC as well but they didnt believe it. Because Ashley believed him, they made that announcement about the mega-signing before transfer window ends.

Then sometime at the weekend, Abu Dhabi bloke turns around and tells NUFC he is buying MCFC instead. Cue (panic buys?) the signing of xisco and other bloke and trying to offload Owen to anyone who would take him. Keegan was essentially upset that Ashley would gamble on the Abu Dhabi bloke's decision and was making player changes without his say so.

This is not an attempt to wind anyone up. i dont mind if you dont believe it, I dont think I will get any respect or love for typing this. Just thought I would say.