Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

I'm normally an optimistic kind of guy so I've been trying to reveal a way Newcastle United can come out of this better than we went into it and I'm struggling.

Maybe if Keegan stays and we get this Indian takeover? but that's pretty much pie in the Sky stuff isn't it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, but Llambias goes... would this solve the problem? or just postpone it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, Llambia and Wise go, which sorts out the behind the back dealings, but does it leave too much of an imbalance of power for Ashley to bear?

Keegan goes and is replaced by a top class manager? I just can't see anyone of the necessary standard wanting to come to a club where they're a glorified coach.

seriously lads where's the light at the end of this tunnel?

The most perplexing thing for me is (and I mentioned this a while ago before this happened but when there were rumours about what was happening) why appoint a bloke like Keegan when arguably his greatest strength was his judgement of players, i.e. targetting who to bring in? Why didn't Ashley get a continental coach if he wanted a continental-style set-up?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally an optimistic kind of guy so I've been trying to reveal a way Newcastle United can come out of this better than we went into it and I'm struggling.

Maybe if Keegan stays and we get this Indian takeover? but that's pretty much pie in the Sky stuff isn't it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, but Llambias goes... would this solve the problem? or just postpone it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, Llambia and Wise go, which sorts out the behind the back dealings, but does it leave too much of an imbalance of power for Ashley to bear?

Keegan goes and is replaced by a top class manager? I just can't see anyone of the necessary standard wanting to come to a club where they're a glorified coach.

The only way out is if Ashley wants Keegan to stay enough to give him control of first team affairs and get rid of his friends who he has brought in. I hope thats going to happen but I cant see it

good luck newcastle

this is the most exciting thing to happen to Newcastle in years

I for one welcome our new found turmoil, it's better than watching Nicky Butt week in week out

Edited by TOON11

I'm frightened. :huh:

I'm pinning all my hopes on the fact that Ashley has always said this in an investment he wants to enjoy.

Who knows if that was bollocks because we've heard a lot of that, BUT given he watches with the fans, gets pissed up and has taken a back seat I'm almost convinced it is the case.

The one thing you can bank on is if Keegan goes, it'll be an impossibility to enjoy the investment anymore.

Hopefully Keegan gets everything he wants and the future is bright.

Edited by Happy Face

good luck newcastle

I for one welcome our new found turmoil, it's better than watching Nicky Butt week in week out

:huh: At least he's persistent with his WUMery.

I think theyre looking at it from the point of view that there is a risk of social unrest hanging around Gallowgate and the media circus isnt leaving just yet

I don't think we've seen the half of it yet.

Agreed.

Still level 2 imo.

I doubt the numpties at SJP (most of them anyway) even go the games. Most of them are just charvas who fancied getting on telly / had nowt better to do. The home games though (and the Hull game in particular) could have a poisonous atmosphere.

I never seen the kid drinking a bottle of diamond white live on SKY but funny as it is, we're not mackems, we're not scousers, and we're being protrayed as tramps by these kids mulling around waiting for giro day.

good luck newcastle

v bored at work and can't stand you you geordies :razz:

I think theyre looking at it from the point of view that there is a risk of social unrest hanging around Gallowgate and the media circus isnt leaving just yet

Agreed.

Still level 2 imo.

I doubt the numpties at SJP (most of them anyway) even go the games. Most of them are just charvas who fancied getting on telly / had nowt better to do. The home games though (and the Hull game in particular) could have a poisonous atmosphere.

I never seen the kid drinking a bottle of diamond white live on SKY but funny as it is, we're not mackems, we're not scousers, and we're being protrayed as tramps by these kids mulling around waiting for giro day.

Sadly Charvers are not just the product of the unwashed or the bin dippers. They exist town & city in the country now. If you work in those surroundings, you begin to notice how many of them there are, generations of them even.

Agreed.

Still level 2 imo.

Sadly Charvers are not just the product of the unwashed or the bin dippers. They exist town & city in the country now. If you work in those surroundings, you begin to notice how many of them there are, generations of them even.

Indeed they are scum, scum with a purpose though - every army needs cannon fodder, they're ours :huh:

If they go down that option i think there will be mutiny no matter what they do. Even the arrival of Mourinho probably won't mask the bitter discontent among the fans.

If we look at it subjectively, the sacking of Big Sam was dodgy - nothing was really said about it though because 1) in general he wasn't well liked and 2) they replaced him with Keegan.

They pulled the ultimate master-stroke 8 months ago in appeasing the fans by re-appointing the Messiah - quite how they managed to persuade him to come out of retirement deserves praise as it is!

If he leaves however, they've played the ultimate faux pas and I don't think it matters what they do to try and patch it up, the fans will never be on-side with them again.

He literally does have them by the balls and I pray to fucking god they don't play arrogant.

Q: Why do so many housewives love newcastle?

A: Cos they stay on top for ages and then come second.

Christ - welcome to 1996!! :huh:

I would fucking love to finish second :razz:

good luck newcastle

I agree and so does Kev, this is all a master plan to take the attention away from the shower shit we see on the pitch each week.

RE: The way out:

Would it be too anarchic a suggestion to keep the same structure but let Keegan appoint or approve the personnel (after jettisoning the current lot).

How it should have been done from the start imo.

good luck newcastle

I agree and so does Kev, this is all a master plan to take the attention away from the shower shit we see on the pitch each week.

Registering on a board and masquerading as a Newcastle fan for a few cheap laughs seems a little miserable to me.

If they go down that option i think there will be mutiny no matter what they do. Even the arrival of Mourinho probably won't mask the bitter discontent among the fans.

If we look at it subjectively, the sacking of Big Sam was dodgy - nothing was really said about it though because 1) in general he wasn't well liked and 2) they replaced him with Keegan.

They pulled the ultimate master-stroke 8 months ago in appeasing the fans by re-appointing the Messiah - quite how they managed to persuade him to come out of retirement deserves praise as it is!

If he leaves however, they've played the ultimate faux pas and I don't think it matters what they do to try and patch it up, the fans will never be on-side with them again.

He literally does have them by the balls and I pray to fucking god they don't play arrogant.

Mind, they might have got away with it after, say, Liverpool away last year.

Is it cynical to think Keegan waited to make his point until expectations were highest among fans for maximum solidarity from them?