Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

I'm normally an optimistic kind of guy so I've been trying to reveal a way Newcastle United can come out of this better than we went into it and I'm struggling.

Maybe if Keegan stays and we get this Indian takeover? but that's pretty much pie in the Sky stuff isn't it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, but Llambias goes... would this solve the problem? or just postpone it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, Llambia and Wise go, which sorts out the behind the back dealings, but does it leave too much of an imbalance of power for Ashley to bear?

Keegan goes and is replaced by a top class manager? I just can't see anyone of the necessary standard wanting to come to a club where they're a glorified coach.

seriously lads where's the light at the end of this tunnel?

If they go down that option i think there will be mutiny no matter what they do. Even the arrival of Mourinho probably won't mask the bitter discontent among the fans.

If we look at it subjectively, the sacking of Big Sam was dodgy - nothing was really said about it though because 1) in general he wasn't well liked and 2) they replaced him with Keegan.

They pulled the ultimate master-stroke 8 months ago in appeasing the fans by re-appointing the Messiah - quite how they managed to persuade him to come out of retirement deserves praise as it is!

If he leaves however, they've played the ultimate faux pas and I don't think it matters what they do to try and patch it up, the fans will never be on-side with them again.

He literally does have them by the balls and I pray to fucking god they don't play arrogant.

I would imagine that MA could regain the respect of the fans if it made painfully obvious that he has completely dismantled the current setup of Llambias/Wise and gives Keegan the power that he needs/deserves....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally an optimistic kind of guy so I've been trying to reveal a way Newcastle United can come out of this better than we went into it and I'm struggling.

Maybe if Keegan stays and we get this Indian takeover? but that's pretty much pie in the Sky stuff isn't it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, but Llambias goes... would this solve the problem? or just postpone it?

Ashley and Keegan stay, Llambia and Wise go, which sorts out the behind the back dealings, but does it leave too much of an imbalance of power for Ashley to bear?

Keegan goes and is replaced by a top class manager? I just can't see anyone of the necessary standard wanting to come to a club where they're a glorified coach.

If they go down that option i think there will be mutiny no matter what they do. Even the arrival of Mourinho probably won't mask the bitter discontent among the fans.

If we look at it subjectively, the sacking of Big Sam was dodgy - nothing was really said about it though because 1) in general he wasn't well liked and 2) they replaced him with Keegan.

They pulled the ultimate master-stroke 8 months ago in appeasing the fans by re-appointing the Messiah - quite how they managed to persuade him to come out of retirement deserves praise as it is!

If he leaves however, they've played the ultimate faux pas and I don't think it matters what they do to try and patch it up, the fans will never be on-side with them again.

He literally does have them by the balls and I pray to fucking god they don't play arrogant.

It always ends up like this, some fat bloke with money v the people.

My main worry is Stevie as he hasn't cut loose in this thread yet...I can see him on 10 bottles of dog outside SJP with a shotgun under his arm. :huh:

My main worry is Stevie as he hasn't cut loose in this thread yet...I can see him on 10 bottles of dog outside SJP with a shotgun under his arm. :razz:

Two problems solved in one :huh:

My main worry is Stevie as he hasn't cut loose in this thread yet...I can see him on 10 bottles of dog outside SJP with a shotgun under his arm. :D

Two problems solved in one :huh:

Hopefully he'll get a couple of well aimed rounds off. :razz:

Not sure if this has been posted, but from .com

Newcastle councillors last night (Wednesday September 3 2008) unanimously passed a notice motion calling for an end to the ongoing uncertainty over the position of Kevin Keegan as manager of Newcastle United.

There was cross-party support for a notice of motion, tabled by Councillor Nick Forbes, which stated:

“Council notes the continued confusion over Kevin Keegan’s position at Newcastle United.

“Council recognises the widespread public support for Kevin Keegan, and knows how much he means to Newcastle United fans. Council believes that he is an asset to the club, the city and the wider community and expresses its support for his continuation in the role of manager.

“Council regrets the adverse publicity being caused as a result of the current situation and urges Newcastle United (which has been awarded freedom of the city by the council) and Kevin Keegan to come to a mutually acceptable agreement which will allow Mr Keegan to remain in post and manage the team effectively.”

Coun Nick Forbes, Leader of the Labour group, who proposed the motion, said: “Kevin Keegan is an asset to the club, to the city and the wider community. The whole council is united in hoping that both parties will come to a mutually acceptable agreement to allow him to stay in post and have freedom to manage the team effectively.”

Coun David Faulkner, Deputy Leader of Newcastle City Council and Executive Member for Policy Development and Co-ordination, who seconded the motion, said: “This is an issue that is more than just a contractual issue between employer and employee. Because of the special place of Newcastle United in our community, it affects the reputation of the club and to an extent the city. We hope that it can be resolved soon and that Kevin Keegan stays, with his position both clarified and enhanced.”

Is there anyone who hasnt made a comment about this situation?

THE ongoing drama behind the scenes at Newcastle reached new levels yesterday when an online encyclopaedia was hijacked, writes GAVIN HAVERY.

Pro-Keegan fans edited the Wikipedia page dedicated to billionaire businessman and club owner Mike Ashley and used it to inform him he is no longer welcome at St James’ Park.

And more than 700 people have joined 19 groups showing hostility to Ashley and Dennis Wise on the social networking site Facebook.

Before this week’s developments at the club, supportive messages were posted on a group called The Mike Ashley Appreciation Society.

But yesterday it was inundated with abuse from Keegan supporters.

Its hardly hijacking is it? Isnt it what happens mostly every day there now?

source

from .com:

Update:

Claim & counter-claim

It was reported by various news sources on Thursday that Mike Ashley was flying back into the UK after a business trip to the USA in order to meet with Kevin Keegan.

However a bleaker claim is also doing the rounds that there's no chance of any amicable resolution to the situation - and that the final agreement of a financial settlement for KK will be followed by a formal statement

of the "mutual consent" variety in the next 24 hours.

As ever, we're trying to make sense of this whole mess.

-----------------------------

The plot thickens..... with shit