Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

go to the hull game, fill the fucking stadium and give 90 minutes of there's only one Kevin Keegan.

By the way, so long as Mike Ashley and his cronies are at the helm, no decent manager is going to even want to look at coming in here. We're resigned to having shite or someone who is 'within their crowd'

They've had a chance in the last 48 hours to fix this sorry mess and it's evident that Wise has been put before Keegan by Ashley.

Get the fuck out - you're not welcome.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I feel like fuckin smashing something up, I wish we were at home this Saturday.

This whole saga has been planned to perfection, international week, just after the transfer window etc. I would put money on a new manager being at the club within 7 days - a spanish one at that.

Cant see any way out of this for MA & chums now to be honest. Theyre in charge of a club whos fans hold him in contempt.

Totally & utterly gutted

I am gutted for those who have 3 yr ST deals too.

go to the hull game, fill the fucking stadium and give 90 minutes of there's only one Kevin Keegan.

By the way, so long as Mike Ashley and his cronies are at the helm, no decent manager is going to even want to look at coming in here. We're resigned to having shite or someone who is 'within their crowd'

They've had a chance in the last 48 hours to fix this sorry mess and it's evident that Wise has been put before Keegan by Ashley.

Nail/head.

You know what's heartbreaking?

We'll never see KK in the dugout again :huh:

FACT.

When he left in '97 you always felt there was unfinished business on his part and that one day, he'd be back.

He'll not make that move again.

I'm fucking fuming!

You know what's heartbreaking?

We'll never see KK in the dugout again :huh:

I've been thinking that :razz::(:D last time he tells us its going to be alright, that we are up there with anyone, that we deserve better, Shearer will get it one day, we could win something but the way this has ended for Keegan will stay with me for years, how can a bloke the best bloke in Newcastle's last 40 years be treat like this, how can it end like this? A bunch of bastard southerners pushing him to the end.

Ignoring principles for a moment, doesn't it bother anyone that Keegan wanted to keep Barton, Smith and Milner over some of the players brought in by "the transfer team"?

If he had better options at his disposal, would he have kept them? We're threadbare as it is

Nail/head.

Why Wise specifically? His only remit is to strengthen the academy isn't it?

Ignoring principles for a moment, doesn't it bother anyone that Keegan wanted to keep Barton, Smith and Milner over some of the players brought in by "the transfer team"?

Special K requested Warnock, Schweinstiger and Lennon. His ideas were dismissed out of hand.

I don't know how everyone else feels but when Shepherd was running the club and carried out one of his major gaffes, I used to console myself in the fact that he was, above all a fan who had a genuine love for the club and the basis of his actions was heartfelt.

The current regime are definitely NOT fans - they're businessmen. They appoint Keegan, not because of the passion, excitement, style of football that he'd bring back to the club but simply because they knew it would whip the supporters into a frenzy. Season ticket sales would be up as would merchandise etc. In short, they were using him as a means to make a quick buck - they've totally ignored what he meant to this club, this city and the fans and more importantly, totally disregarded what they meant to him.

Keegan may have been born in Yorkshire, but he was a geordie at heart from his roots and it showed through and through.

The way he's been treated this last 8 months is an absolute fucking disgrace and I for one will never forgive them for it. People outside the area knock Keegan say he has his flaws which he may have. But the bottom line is, Kevin Keegan was perfect for Newcastle United and Newcastle United was perfect for Kevin Keegan.

I've gone through some hard times following this club over the last 26 years. The failure to keep Arthur Cox, the sale of Waddle, Beardsley & Gascoigne, relegation, play-off misery, almost going out of business and the succession of bad boardroom decisions starting with the dismissal of Sir Bobby, but each time I've just got on with it - accepted that this the nature of the beast of loving Newcastle United.

Today, for the first time ever, I just feel empty. I hope to fuck those five (Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jiminez & Vetere) are already packing their bags in readiness to leave.

Agree completely, i'm absolutely sick at all this, and will be forcing myself to go to the Hull match. And now the players including the poor bastards who've just signed are going to have a backdrop of anger and abuse flying round the ground plus no doubt loads of pro Keegan chanting (which i totally undertsand and certainly they should know what we thing of the cunts) but its going to eb horrible to play in.

Basically Ashley has completely fucked this club up, taking us from looking like we were back on track, the perfect choice at the helm and genuine optimism for times ahead to a fucking joke. He should just fuck off now and save 50,000 (well alot less probably!) people telling him to fuck off at the Hull Match.

It doesn't bother me because I backed and trusted Keegans judgement 100% If he felt that these players were worth keeping in the squad and persisting in some cases where other managers failed then I was happy with that.

Fucking heartbreaking the whole thing. Agreed with Craig as well. Hull game, give them everything and show them what we think of them and their pathetic little sycophantic set-up. Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan? Absolute joke. Looks like men like Keegan and Curbishley aren't going to fit into this wonderful modern game.

Special K requested Warnock, Schweinstiger and Lennon. His ideas were dismissed out of hand.

And we ended up with some very good players. I can fully understand the argument that the manager should have full control over the transfers, but not when it comes down to Smith and Barton :huh: