Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions. The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign.

Kevin Keegan said:

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible. It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want. It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.”

LMA chief executive, Richard Bevan, said:

“The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.”

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

Absolutely astonishing.

Unbelievable.

My heart still says: It's not Ashley. Ashley is on holidays. It's just the numpties that are the problem. Ashley will come back and sack them seeing what's going on. Keegan is coming back.

I know this is unrealistic wishful thinking.

We aren't in the dark ages anymore mate. Ashley will be fully aware of whats going. He could have even spoke to Keegler on the telephone-machine-thingy.

Edited by Holden McGroin

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost unfathomable the mess we are in now. There's no British manager good enough that would want the job, and even if there was they wouldn't take the job given the management structure, and if any foreign manager has even 10% understanding of the pressure they'll be under given the current circumstances, they'll knock the job back. I know that no one wants to hear it, but only Shearer or Ashley selling up is gonna have a chance of working imo. And I don't think Shearer is the answer.

give over, redknap will be frothing at the knickers to get in

It's almost unfathomable the mess we are in now. There's no British manager good enough that would want the job, and even if there was they wouldn't take the job given the management structure, and if any foreign manager has even 10% understanding of the pressure they'll be under given the current circumstances, they'll knock the job back. I know that no one wants to hear it, but only Shearer or Ashley selling up is gonna have a chance of working imo. And I don't think Shearer is the answer.

give over, redknap will be frothing at the knickers to get in

I'm pretty sure he wont. He turned us down when we looked promising. We are in complete disarray now.

One things for sure. The next manager is going to be another stop gap.

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

What a fucking crock of shit

are you being serious? thats the fucking press statement?

*bangs face off keyboard*

Please make the pain go away :huh:

And have those signings been so bad?

Being harsh they show a bit of promise but aren't good enough on their own to move us up the table.

Then again even with the system working, they've been hamstrung by a shit budget which is down to Ashley.

ST money? TV money?

You know what I dont even know why I am posting. I am so pissed off it is unreal I dont think I have thought things through properly. There just seems to be know way out of this. EWith Shepherd i alwys had this thought that someone could get rid of him because he was not the majority share holder but who is going to get rid of Ashley. I can only say whay I used to about the old fat cunt. Stop spending money on the toon till he loses enough to fuck off.

A quite categoric fact, which I'm sure you will totally ignore, is that no manager has walked out on us like this since McKeag and Westwood.

I don't know why you feel the need to bring in Shepherd, Hall or anybody else. I really can't be arsed just now to argue about this so I'll leave it but don't bracket today with anything the Halls and Shepherd did, because nothing they did was as shite as this.

Edited by LeazesMag

And have those signings been so bad?

Being harsh they show a bit of promise but aren't good enough on their own to move us up the table.

Then again even with the system working, they've been hamstrung by a shit budget which is down to Ashley.

ST money? TV money?

You know what I dont even know why I am posting. I am so pissed off it is unreal I dont think I have thought things through properly. There just seems to be know way out of this. EWith Shepherd i alwys had this thought that someone could get rid of him because he was not the majority share holder but who is going to get rid of Ashley. I can only say whay I used to about the old fat cunt. Stop spending money on the toon till he loses enough to fuck off.

A quite categoric fact, which I'm sure you will totally ignore, is that no manager has walked out on us like this since McKeag and Westwood.

I don't know why you feel the need to bring in Shepherd, Hall or anybody else. I really can't be arsed just now to argue about this so I'll leave it but don't bracket today with anything the Halls and Shepherd did, because nothing they did was as shite as this.

I totally agree. It's so bad it's unbelievable. Sending Keegan a fucking letter. How stupid can someone be. The numptie should go back managing night clubs in London. He's probably only capable in dealing with whores, drug dealers and bouncers.

Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions. The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign.

Kevin Keegan said:

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible. It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want. It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.”

LMA chief executive, Richard Bevan, said:

“The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.”

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

Absolutely astonishing.

Unbelievable.

My heart still says: It's not Ashley. Ashley is on holidays. It's just the numpties that are the problem. Ashley will come back and sack them seeing what's going on. Keegan is coming back.

I know this is unrealistic wishful thinking.

We aren't in the dark ages anymore mate. Ashley will be fully aware of whats going. He could have even spoke to Keegler on the telephone-machine-thingy.

The telephone is the very least he could have done. He finds time to go to the games yet since Monday night he could not find a way of getting back to Newcastle when the manager of a club he has invested over £200m in was about to quit? I don't think he has been too bothered. I'm fucking sick of him and the rest of those silly cunts trying to run the club, the lot of them can fuck right off.

Has anyone thought that MA could be Danny B? His best mate is a close Spurs fan, and they were pissed off that we continually were better than them. MA let Spurs get at Modric, he was willing to get rid of all of the players at a price and seems disinterested in what is good for the club. Once we're that shit, he could go back and tell Kelmsley that it was job done.

The only way to change the terms of employment is in writing.

You talk it over, reach an agreement and then put it in writing. To put it in a letter is as good as daring him to resign. I'm fucking disgusted.

The telephone is the very least he could have done. He finds time to go to the games yet since Monday night he could not find a way of getting back to Newcastle when the manager of a club he has invested over £200m in was about to quit? I don't think he has been too bothered. I'm fucking sick of him and the rest of those silly cunts trying to run the club, the lot of them can fuck right off.

Actually, would it be overly cynical of me to suggest that Ashley has deliberately been out of the country to distance himself from this almighty fall out?

Actually, would it be overly cynical of me to suggest that Ashley has deliberately been out of the country to distance himself from this almighty fall out?

if he had an ounce of care for the club then he would have been straight back on the next flight, fat twat

Totally unbelievable I'm hoping this Ashley cunt is constantly having to look out for lads wanting to drop him or give him some abuse fat fucking ugly southern cockend. I'd LOVE IT if he was daft enough to try and take a seat amongst the fans again the tosser should just sell up he has totally burnt all bridges with the fans and they are unrepairable. Stevies comment earlier on about being past caring who the next manager is until this Southern prick has sold us was just how I feel as well. Hope he chokes on his dinner the cunt.

The only way to change the terms of employment is in writing.

You talk it over, reach an agreement and then put it in writing. To put it in a letter is as good as daring him to resign. I'm fucking disgusted.

They have been in 'extensive discussions' for 2 days, the only way to formalise the club's position is to then put in writing. Has no one beng paying attention to events?

Totally unbelievable I'm hoping this Ashley cunt is constantly having to look out for lads wanting to drop him or give him some abuse fat fucking ugly southern cockend. I'd LOVE IT if he was daft enough to try and take a seat amongst the fans again the tosser should just sell up he has totally burnt all bridges with the fans and they are unrepairable. Stevies comment earlier on about being past caring who the next manager is until this Southern prick has sold us was just how I feel as well. Hope he chokes on his dinner the cunt.

I decided along time ago when (during the reign of FFS and guillet) that I would stop buying any merchandise until FFS fucked off, I went mental last season when the New fatty on the block took over

I suspect it will be another period of self imposed not spending again :huh:

End of an era, this. God save the King.

One thing is certain: Ashley must go. I don't care if Llambias or Wise or whoever was directly responsible for this, they are all fruit of the poisonous tree as far as I'm concerned and the man who appointed them must be held accountable. The only glimmer of hope left in this is as someone suggested for the Anil bloke to buy FFM out and tell Keegan he's manager effective immediately and he can do whatever and buy whoever he pleases.

Go to hell and take your cronies with you, Ashley. There's plenty of London scum like you but there's only one Kevin Keegan.