Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

This could be bollocks but from Skunkers not the same source as the original Keegan resigns post.

Here's the story why Keegan has left.

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he sanctioned the selling of Milner.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez's interference. Keegan was fuming but was told there was still many targets in sights for the end of the window.

Keegan went to Arsenal not happy.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. BUT NO.

It was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said well I'm sacked then and stormed off to Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for awhile until he saw the statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llmabas(sp?) went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc for Keegan leaving.

From Keegan's daughters other half.

Sounds very plausable

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to change the terms of employment is in writing.

You talk it over, reach an agreement and then put it in writing. To put it in a letter is as good as daring him to resign. I'm fucking disgusted.

They have been in 'extensive discussions' for 2 days, the only way to formalise the club's position is to then put in writing. Has no one beng paying attention to events?

And apparently not reached an agreement. Because sending him the letter with a content that didn't satisfy Keegan was more or less begging him to resign (something they probably were aware of, but now saves them some compensation).

He sent him a LETTER?

Fuckin hell man....

Just when I thinkmy jaw can't drop any further... :huh:

Desperate to keep him like, weren't they?

Fucking arseholes - get the fuck out!

This could be bollocks but from Skunkers not the same source as the original Keegan resigns post.

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he sanctioned the selling of Milner.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez's interference. Keegan was fuming but was told there was still many targets in sights for the end of the window.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. BUT NO.

It was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said well I'm sacked then and stormed off to Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for awhile until he saw the statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llmabas(sp?) went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc for Keegan leaving.

Sounds very plausable

the story doesnt ring quite true with the official line of a letter being sent

Sounds very plausable

Sounds unbelievable to be honest. The Schweinsteiger story sounds too far fetched.

You talk it over, reach an agreement and then put it in writing. To put it in a letter is as good as daring him to resign. I'm fucking disgusted.

They have been in 'extensive discussions' for 2 days, the only way to formalise the club's position is to then put in writing. Has no one beng paying attention to events?

And apparently not reached an agreement. Because sending him the letter with a content that didn't satisfy Keegan was more or less begging him to resign (something they probably were aware of, but now saves them some compensation).

Ok fair enough, this is not worth arguing about. It just seemed normal to me after debating the points for 2 days.

Going to the pub. Am utterly deflated, but at times like these we all need to stick together. :huh:

Sounds very plausable

A letter will alsways be sent, less misunderstanding for constuctive dismissal

Ok fair enough, this is not worth arguing about. It just seemed normal to me after debating the points for 2 days.

Going to the pub. Am utterly deflated, but at times like these we all need to stick together. :huh:

It's indeed not worth arguing about. I had to go to buy some beer as I feel the need to get drunk today.

Sounds very plausable

Don't know about the Pigfucker stuff but there have been too many rumours regarding players for sale for there not to be some truth in it.

n613500961_795144_6310.jpg

wor young'un at the Bolton res match last season, i'm so so happy he got the chance to meet KK, the boy loves him to bits, no idea how i will break the news in the morning

:huh::razz::D

FORMER NEWCASTLE MANAGER GLENN ROEDER

"I'm not surprised he's decided to resign. Having played with Kevin many years ago when we won promotion at Newcastle, I do know a little bit about him and it makes me think that owner Mike Ashley didn't know the animal he was employing eight months ago.

"If he did then he'd know that employing an executive director, I think that's what Dennis Wise's title is, wouldn't sit comfortably with Kevin, not unless Kevin had an input into who that person was and I'm sure Kevin didn't have an input into Dennis Wise being appointed."

Sounds very plausable

Don't know about the Pigfucker stuff but there have been too many rumours regarding players for sale for there not to be some truth in it.

Didn't Keegan admit as much himself a couple of days after the Milner sale?

This is shocking play by the club. The cynic in me thinks that this was all planned out, appoint Keegan to get us through the season on the new manager results boost, but in the mean time get in contact and line up the next man, and have him sign the players he wants. From the sounds of it Keegan didn't seem to know much about xisco and gonzalez.

I'm expecting the next man to almost certainly be from Spain, given all our signings (bar Guthrie) so far have been. There is even a reasonable gap until the next games throughout europe, most of our star players are 'safely' away on international duty. The next few games are all relatively easy giving who ever the new man is a solid start to try and appease us.

The other thing that strikes me now, is the gagging order that Sam Allardyce has signed, something big plan was hatched that he didn't buy into, so they bought his silence, keegan came in and wasn't told to paper over the cracks. A full proper statement of events from keegan could be very interesting as to what MA's real plans are.

To further prove the clubs uncanny knack of timing things to perfection this arrived in the post today:

dsc00072yc2.th.jpgYet

dsc00325gn1.jpg

:huh::razz::D<_<

I am thinking about how long it will take until I get over this and if I will ever be able to develop the same passion watching Newcastle again. At the moment something has died in me.

I would never have become a Newcastle fan if it hadn't been for my boyhood adoration of Keegan. I got over 1997 because Internet was very new to me. So I got all the reaction with some delay and could settle with it then.

Now is different. It's childish, but I am close to tears. I have been going through a difficult time in the last couple of months with my mother diagnosed having severe cancer. Knowing that Keegan is in charge of Newcastle again gave me something to cheer about. Only a couple of week ago I was in Newcastle and excited like a small child seeing all the Keegan related merchandise. I was even so stupid and bought one of those tacky T-Shirts with Keegan No. 1 at the back. I probably jinxed it. This has all suddenly gone. There is just emptiness and sadness left.

dsc00325gn1.jpg

:puke::icon_lol::( :(

I am thinking about how long it will take until I get over this and if I will ever be able to develop the same passion watching Newcastle again. At the moment something has died in me.

I would never have become a Newcastle fan if it hadn't been for my boyhood adoration of Keegan. I got over 1997 because Internet was very new to me. So I got all the reaction with some delay and could settle with it then.

Now is different. It's childish, but I am close to tears. I have been going through a difficult time in the last couple of months with my mother diagnosed having severe cancer. Knowing that Keegan is in charge of Newcastle again gave me something to cheer about. Only a couple of week ago I was in Newcastle and excited like a small child seeing all the Keegan related merchandise. I was even so stupid and bought one of those tacky T-Shirts with Keegan No. 1 at the back. I probably jinxed it. This has all suddenly gone. There is just emptiness and sadness left.

:huh::razz::D<_<