Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Just a moment of perspective.

I'm visiting my dad in hospital tonight. He was in intensive care last Tuesday and had half his bowel removed.

...and he's shitting himself about what's gone on today.

Aw bless him. Hope he gets better soon.

My Dad passed away 5th Aug, He loved KK :huh:

Can't believe I didn't see this at the time or respond. I was only reminded to check by Isegrems sad news.

So sorry to hear it, for both of you.

My dad's at home now and doing brilliant. So I'm counting every one of my blessings.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its still the same as 730 then its Danny Kelly, i heard a bit in car before, he was on about how he hates Wise, Wise tried to sue him over something he printed, Wise lost!!

by the by Kellys a cock

if its still the same as 730 then its Danny Kelly, i heard a bit in car before, he was on about how he hates Wise, Wise tried to sue him over something he printed, Wise lost!!

by the by Kellys a cock

Gets a plus point for fucking off Dennis Wise.

dsc00325gn1.jpg

:puke::icon_lol::( :(

I am thinking about how long it will take until I get over this and if I will ever be able to develop the same passion watching Newcastle again. At the moment something has died in me.

I would never have become a Newcastle fan if it hadn't been for my boyhood adoration of Keegan. I got over 1997 because Internet was very new to me. So I got all the reaction with some delay and could settle with it then.

Now is different. It's childish, but I am close to tears. I have been going through a difficult time in the last couple of months with my mother diagnosed having severe cancer. Knowing that Keegan is in charge of Newcastle again gave me something to cheer about. Only a couple of week ago I was in Newcastle and excited like a small child seeing all the Keegan related merchandise. I was even so stupid and bought one of those tacky T-Shirts with Keegan No. 1 at the back. I probably jinxed it. This has all suddenly gone. There is just emptiness and sadness left.

:huh::razz::D<_<

I remember when KK left last time, I was only 15 and back then it was truly gutting, because the whole legacy which I had grown up with once knowing more about football, was gone. Newcastle without KK? Those were heady days because of the passion that the team invoked, the quality of the team which we had at the time. They appointed Dalglish and although I was gutted he'd left I thought that Dalglish could have put the final piece in the Jigsaw after his efforts with Blackburn. But then he started tearing the team apart. The stars started leaving and we all know what happened after that.

This time around its different. We're 11 years on, Im older, KK's older and our position in the game is different. Its truly sad that KK has left in these circumstances but back then there was always a next step, another option to come in, and finish the good work which had started.

Now we dont know who owns the club (we really dont - who is he and what does he want?), has he got the supporters at heart (like FFS always said he had) or is he just in this to make money?

I cant believe im saying this, but at least with FFS we knew that his aim was always to bring success to the club, even if he was inept in his decisions

What will happen tomorrow when Wise etc. turn up at SJP for work.

Or do they work from London? :huh:

good point, will the players have to travel to Laaandon :razz:

I cant even join with in any banter at the mo. My best mate (non Toon fan) called today:

Mate: "Just heard about KK resigning"

McGroin: "Aye"

Mate: "Do you want comiserations or cynical, mean jokes?"

McGroin: "Can you leave the jokes for a week. Im nearly crying here"

He got the point and luckily joined in the with Ashley-slagging.

I've had so many PISSY-WANK texts over the past 3 days...just not in the mood.

And once again, I just know over the next week Im going to have "THAT" conversation with people who know fuck all about football but want to seem interested.

Edited by JawD

Im still not convinced that ashley is to blame for this whole sorry mess.

clearly, while ashleys been away, hes left llambias (as chairman) and its directors in charge of the club.

and who are the directors again - wise, jiminez and vetere (and obviously 1 or 2 others).

A scouse mate tried to start some "banter" and I had to cut him down quick sharp. I understood he was just having a laugh and I understood that he doesn't appreciate the depth of affection we have for Keegan, but allthe same he can keep his ever so witty scouse shit to himself.

Stevie'll be proud, I managed to get bin-dipping, corpse-robbing, dole-wallowing, "cunt" and all the other stereotypes into one 150 character text.

A scouse mate tried to start some "banter" and I had to cut him down quick sharp. I understood he was just having a laugh and I understood that he doesn't appreciate the depth of affection we have for Keegan, but allthe same he can keep his ever so witty scouse shit to himself.

Stevie'll be proud, I managed to get bin-dipping, corpse-robbing, dole-wallowing, "cunt" and all the other stereotypes into one 150 character text.

Good work.

clearly, while ashleys been away, hes left llambias (as chairman) and its directors in charge of the club.

and who are the directors again - wise, jiminez and vetere (and obviously 1 or 2 others).

When he told them to take care of the club while he was gone I don't think he intended them to force the manager out. This has come from the very top, make no mistake.

When he told them to take care of the club while he was gone I don't think he intended them to force the manager out. This has come from the very top, make no mistake.

That letter didnt come from ashley.

Given the gravitas of the situation I'm sure it went for his approval before being given to Keegan. Mike Ashley is a man who I imagine doesn't like to be backed into a corner and won't have taken kindly to Keegan's demands. I'm nearly sure that he was give Llabia his instructions from afar.

After the news settled in on Tuesday I started to think with my head a bit more than my heart. Tried to take the owners/middle management view...

Of the two, Ashley is the one with the (apparent) long term commitment to the club, should he really bow to Keegans every whim on player recruitment when he'll be gone in 2 years guaranteed? Ashley can only assume that Keegan is looking for a short term fix and will leave the club with a squad of expensive old men who he can get no value back from.

And after being gutted all over again tonight I can still see that line of thought. They can't comprehend Keegan's connection with the club. Our recent history is the likes of Allardyce and Souness bringing in their expensive flops which have had to be replaced season after season as the manager walks off with a payout. A long term vision minimises that risk.

I can't comprehend them not keeping it as a mutual agreement approach though. Why did it work well for 3 months of the window only to fall apart so miserably on the very last day? They had to have taken the piss, big style.

After the news settled in on Tuesday I started to think with my head a bit more than my heart. Tried to take the owners/middle management view...

Of the two, Ashley is the one with the (apparent) long term commitment to the club, should he really bow to Keegans every whim on player recruitment when he'll be gone in 2 years guaranteed? Ashley can only assume that Keegan is looking for a short term fix and will leave the club with a squad of expensive old men who he can get no value back from.

And after being gutted all over again tonight I can still see that line of thought. They can't comprehend Keegan's connection with the club. Our recent history is the likes of Allardyce and Souness bringing in their expensive flops which have had to be replaced season after season as the manager walks off with a payout. A long term vision minimises that risk.

I can't comprehend them not keeping it as a mutual agreement approach though. Why did it work well for 3 months of the window only to fall apart so miserably on the very last day? They had to have taken the piss, big style.

One day someone will get to the bottom of it all and it'll all come clear as to what really happened.

Given the gravitas of the situation I'm sure it went for his approval before being given to Keegan. Mike Ashley is a man who I imagine doesn't like to be backed into a corner and won't have taken kindly to Keegan's demands. I'm nearly sure that he was give Llabia his instructions from afar.

Maybe.

They led him a merry dance 'til the end of the transfer window, thinking that there was fuck all he could do about it afterwards and it has blown up in their faces.

Well that's one theory anyway.