Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

I can't comprehend them not keeping it as a mutual agreement approach though. Why did it work well for 3 months of the window only to fall apart so miserably on the very last day? They had to have taken the piss, big style.

I get the impression that before Milner left, there was an idea that the squad was "good enough" - something I don't agree on though Keegan was still probably expecting a left back. Milner's sale prompted an increase in demand for a midfielder and I'd guess if Martins and Viduka wern't injured they wouldn't have gone after a striker.

Overall I think its the infamous "everyone has a price" for sales that has been the straw - how much shit would we have been in if Owen and Barton had left (numbers wise at least).

Having said that I know Kev's statement suggests its purchases that were the stumbling block so we may have to wait to find out who he didn't want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still not convinced that ashley is to blame for this whole sorry mess.

clearly, while ashleys been away, hes left llambias (as chairman) and its directors in charge of the club.

and who are the directors again - wise, jiminez and vetere (and obviously 1 or 2 others).

After the news settled in on Tuesday I started to think with my head a bit more than my heart. Tried to take the owners/middle management view...

Of the two, Ashley is the one with the (apparent) long term commitment to the club, should he really bow to Keegans every whim on player recruitment when he'll be gone in 2 years guaranteed? Ashley can only assume that Keegan is looking for a short term fix and will leave the club with a squad of expensive old men who he can get no value back from.

And after being gutted all over again tonight I can still see that line of thought. They can't comprehend Keegan's connection with the club. Our recent history is the likes of Allardyce and Souness bringing in their expensive flops which have had to be replaced season after season as the manager walks off with a payout. A long term vision minimises that risk.

I can't comprehend them not keeping it as a mutual agreement approach though. Why did it work well for 3 months of the window only to fall apart so miserably on the very last day? They had to have taken the piss, big style.

One day someone will get to the bottom of it all and it'll all come clear as to what really happened.

Could equally well have been that Keegan thought, ah fuck it, I'm popular enough around these parts I'll start laying the law down big style, and it's others sticking to the plan of not having short term staff dictate the long term vision.

Am I just imagining Keegan said he would ONLY do the 3.5 years?

Am I just imagining Keegan said he would ONLY do the 3.5 years?

I think his intention was to kick start us up a few places, maybe try for a cup, but mainly hand over something decent to his successor - nowt wrong with that at his age.

I've only just heard the news as I'm at work and forgot to bring my bloody mobile, not sure how I feel at the moment, a mixture of emotions I guess, somewhere between anger, heartbreak, disapointment and frustration, this is a giant leap backwards for the club and right now I fear for the future.

I've only just heard the news as I'm at work and forgot to bring my bloody mobile, not sure how I feel at the moment, a mixture of emotions I guess, somewhere between anger, heartbreak, disapointment and frustration, this is a giant leap backwards for the club and right now I fear for the future.

Same here, I've just got in. Fuck me, this shit always happens when I'm unable to get near any comms - like Jimbo I'm totally at a loss of how to feel, anger's high up on the list though, Ashley should fucking swing for this. Can anyone give me a quick run down of what I've missed? I've read Kev's leaving statement, is there any other news to it yet? :huh:

Same here, I've just got in. Fuck me, this shit always happens when I'm unable to get near any comms - like Jimbo I'm totally at a loss of how to feel, anger's high up on the list though, Ashley should fucking swing for this. Can anyone give me a quick run down of what I've missed? I've read Kev's leaving statement, is there any other news to it yet? :huh:

Nothing really. Glee from the media for having enough material to last them a while and some pitiful statement from the club. So, nowt. Oh, and the usual fans outside SJP making matters worse, if that was possible.

The club's statement suggests they'd offered changes and had asked him to voice any outstanding concerns but he resigned instead - most people think its shite.

Not really, they sent kk a letter though which was nice.

Ashley thinks Dennis Wise is more important to the future of our club than Keegan

Its all over basically

Ashley thinks Dennis Wise is more important to the future of our club than Keegan

Its all over basically

Complete and utter, total fat cunt wanker.

Shredding their shirts outside SJP now

:huh:

The club has imploded, there is no tomorrow...

... how the hell do you come back from this? Fat Cunt won't be sitting with the fans anymore, that's for sure.

Its all over basically

Complete and utter, total fat cunt wanker.

Yep, you seem to be up to speed

Shredding their shirts outside SJP now

:huh:

The club has imploded, there is no tomorrow...

... how the hell do you come back from this? Fat Cunt won't be sitting with the fans anymore, that's for sure.

I hope he sells, where can he go from here? He cannot ever get the fans back on his side no matter what any so called expert on SSN says.

the only way he could win the fans back would be to wheel out a 21 yr old Shearer, a 19 yr old Beardsley and a 20yr Old Gazza, lead onto the pitch by a 50yr old Robson looking to manage the side back to glory...

oh by the way Shearer, Beardsley and Gazza are holding spears with Wise, Llambias and Louise Taylors' head skewered upon them.

"clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.”

But if they do you're free to leave them to rot in the reserves.

Starting to feel a bit let down by Keegan now.

I'll keep you all posted on my constantly changing moods.