Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wey hew, al's tell yae this for newt.

fookin wise can fookoff back ta fookin London the fookin soft southern twat lyk, then it'll be fookin broonsalroond fookin here lyk

arrr dinna wat am ganna fookin dee wi yae lyk pet

al's gunn fookin circus

anyhoo les boycoutt fookin club, its deed canny like

At least you put some effort in....

Oh fuckin hell, I'm numb. When are we going to stop shooting ourselves in the fucking foot?

Stupid bastard twat of a club. Everything was there to do well this year, AH! but that would be too simple! Let's fuck it all up! AGAIN!! GENIUS!!

I am still not sure what to make out of all this. I feel empty. I feel betrayed by Mike Ashley and all his words and actions. But I start to feel let down by Keegan as well. All his talk about not walking out again, unfinished business etc. when he came back.

There are also things I still don't understand. Xisco is quoted saying that he spoke to Keegan on Monday before he signed. KK told him about his plans for the future. What happened afterwards for Keegan to walk out? Or did Keegan just put on a good face on the matter like had done all the months before. Why didn't he act much earlier then?

Ashely brought in Derek Llambias, who as director has totally screwed this club right up the ar#e by not giving Keegan any control to do his job, and has used Dennis f#*~ing Wise to do Keegan's job while he sits at his desk in london...!

An absaloute shamble and total disgrace. Ashely si fully responsible for all of this and if he had any sense left at all he would sell this club to the 1st buyer with a pinch of knowledge when it comes to a structure & polices of a football club asap so we can attempt to bring Kevin back and clean up the mess he has created!

After sleeping on this whole situation I'm still fucking seething. I'm not 'disappointed', I'm not feeling 'let down', I'm fucking seething - nothing, nothing Fat Cunt can do will make me feel subdued, he's fucked our club over in a big way, he's shown complete disrespect towards one of our legends and all I can see in my head is his fat fucking head with that stupid smirk on it downing a pint, thinking he's 'in with the fans'. Fuck you and die you utter scumbag.

Fuck.

Fucking middle-management fuckwits.

So what do people reckon for this season now? at best this season we're going to be dabbling with relegation/low mid table, at worst fuck knows.

Fuck.

Fucking middle-management fuckwits.

So what do people reckon for this season now? at best this season we're going to be dabbling with relegation/low mid table, at worst fuck knows.

I'm struggling to think that far ahead tbh.

The only way forward I see now is for Ashley to sell up. If he tries to bring in Wise and/or Poyet as manager it will not be accepted at all by the fans but tbh there's very few managers he could bring in that would receive much if any backing at all now as they would all come down to being his and/or Wise's choice.

And surely any decent manager wouldn't want to come into this mess anyway. All I can see for the season now is players comepletely fucked off and handing transfer requests in. Surely there is no way that Owen will stay under this administration and when you lose your best player for these sort of reason others will follow and just like in the case of mangers, no decent players will want to come either. If we couldn't attract players before because of not being in Europe what fucking chance have we got now.

The hope is that someone like this Indian guy can come in with hundreds of millions to splash about but tbh I'd be comfortable with someone who didn't have the resources to spend any more that what we can generate ourselves as long they had some fucking clue on how to run football club as Ashley quite clearly hasn't.

The only way forward that I see is for a foreign coach to come in. Bringing in Poyet etc is as bad as FS bringing in Souness. No other british manager would want the job (rightly so). I cant see any other solution.

The only way forward that I see is for a foreign coach to come in. Bringing in Poyet etc is as bad as FS bringing in Souness. No other british manager would want the job (rightly so). I cant see any other solution.

I can't see many foreign coaches wanting it either...... they've not exactly been lining up for us for years now.

Inexperienced and/or desperate are the only two coaching camps we'll be recruiting from.

Thank god that scouse midget has gone, hardly a surprise given his reputation for fannying out of a challenge, on and off the pitch.

Mike Ashley is the best thing to happen to this club since the last time we beat the mighty middlesbrough all those years ago.

Thank god that scouse midget has gone, hardly a surprise given his reputation for fannying out of a challenge, on and off the pitch.

Mike Ashley is the best thing to happen to this club since the last time we beat the mighty middlesbrough all those years ago.

2/10 Go do some research then come back and try again.

:(

Some terrible wind up attempts in the past few days like.

You have to wonder at the person behind the keyboard.

It's naff enough signing up to gloat/WUM, but then being totally :o at it as well. :sweat:

I am still not sure what to make out of all this. I feel empty. I feel betrayed by Mike Ashley and all his words and actions. But I start to feel let down by Keegan as well. All his talk about not walking out again, unfinished business etc. when he came back.

There are also things I still don't understand. Xisco is quoted saying that he spoke to Keegan on Monday before he signed. KK told him about his plans for the future. What happened afterwards for Keegan to walk out? Or did Keegan just put on a good face on the matter like had done all the months before. Why didn't he act much earlier then?

I guess he was saving face.

The poor lad had just mad a life altering change and moved country. The last thing KK wanted to say was "This place is a fucking shambles".

I suspect he was promised his own signings but got signings he didn't even want. In fact, his statement says exactly that.

Wise was/is definitely the problem btw [/iTK]

I would imagine most would have assumed this by now anyway (or at least have held him partly responsible).

Interesting piece on Wise from the Times...

Dennis Wise is a visionary in the modern game

More than the odd eyebrow was raised when Dennis Wise chose to walk away from a promising managerial career at the high-profile Leeds United for an office job with Newcastle United in January, but the former Chelsea midfield player should have been hailed as a visionary. Wise was certainly ahead of his time in recognising that the trappings of the managerial office are not what they once were, a view confirmed by this week's remarkable events at Newcastle, West Ham United and even Manchester City.

Wise calculated that a seven-figure salary for scouting and signing players was a better bet than a considerably larger one for the far more onerous job of turning them into a winning team, a rationale that makes suggestions that he is in line to replace Kevin Keegan seem rather spurious.

Wise may be many things but he is certainly not daft, and through conversations with his friend Tony Jimenez will have concluded that the best way to ensure a lengthy stay at St James’ Park is to remain as part of the back-room team despite Keegan’s belated attempt to oust him, where he can wield power without having to take responsibility. For most managers these days the situation is reversed, as they are the first to take the blame for decisions they have not been party to.

The most intriguing question is which other managers and former players will follow Wise’s lead into directorships, or other fancy job titles? Keegan, Alan Curbishley and even Luiz Felipe Scolari have discovered to their cost the limits of managerial influence, while Mark Hughes’s joy at being handed Robinho may soon be tempered by the knowledge that he is about to be given other players he has not selected or, as happened to Keegan and Curbishley, lose those he wanted to keep.

Of the top ten Premier League clubs only Manchester United, Arsenal and possibly Aston Villa are run on traditional lines, with the manager the single most important person in the player recruitment process. The influence wielded by Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger has taken decades to accumulate and will not be seen again, while Martin O’Neill is fortunate to be working with the far-sighted and sensible of the new breed of owners, Randy Lerner.

The theme music to that 1990’s classic television programme Fantasy Football League began with a Barry Davies commentary asking who would be a football manager? It may not be long before that question is no longer rhetorical

Edited by Sonatine

If he loved the fans as much as he said he did, keegan should not have let personal differences get int he way of doing his job.

Anyway, I reckon Keegan wanted out for a lot of reasons, the structure, the personnel, the responsibilities, the lot.