Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

If he loved the fans as much as he said he did, keegan should not have let personal differences get int he way of doing his job.

Anyway, I reckon Keegan wanted out for a lot of reasons, the structure, the personnel, the responsibilities, the lot.

I don't think it was personal differences. He slowly realised he didn't have the tools to do the job.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he loved the fans as much as he said he did, keegan should not have let personal differences get int he way of doing his job.

Anyway, I reckon Keegan wanted out for a lot of reasons, the structure, the personnel, the responsibilities, the lot.

I don't think it was personal differences. He slowly realised he didn't have the tools to do the job.

Personal differences were part of it but if you look at something like (I know it's different btw) Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham hating each others guts yet putting things aside where and when it mattered (on the pitch in their case), you could also say that the personal differences only become a real issue when it affects the working relationship, as it clearly did in this case. I don't blame Keegan at all by the way. Maybe I'm being sentimental but I think he's been completely stitched-up here.

There's nothing worse than know you CAN do a job, but being unable to do it for reasons outside your control.

Keegan isn't your usual middle-management yes man, and thank fuck he isn't (see how we did with the last one - Roeder), I don't hold Keegan responsible at all.

We will be in this situation again with any decent manager though (assuming any is mad enough to take the job).

There's nothing worse than know you CAN do a job, but being unable to do it for reasons outside your control.

Keegan isn't your usual middle-management yes man, and thank fuck he isn't (see how we did with the last one - Roeder), I don't hold Keegan responsible at all.

We will be in this situation again with any decent manager though (assuming any is mad enough to take the job).

Agree except the last bit, i.e. it could and does work with a continental-style coach (ignoring Wise for the minute but with the right DoF/Chief Exec/ Sporting Director or whatever). Why employ Keegan though? Especially if he had no say in who he was working with. Ashley can't be that stupid. Was it just about bums on seats? That didn't even work if that is the case.

In the cold light of day I'm a bit disappointed with Kevin - I think he could have stuck it out and used the next 4 months to try and negotiaite a new transfer system before it actually matters. As it stands the season is a complete write-off.

That doesn't mean that sifting through all the rumours I don't think he was correct in taking a stand but leaving us this fucked, I think he has to take some responsibility.

.COM hit the nail on the head when they said the media were a million miles wide of the mark reporting that the focus of the fans anger is on KK no longer being the manager.

Bullshit - we're all gutted about that for sure, but the focus of our fury is on the shambolic mess that has been left behind. I can't see anything positive at the moment and what is really worrying is the speed in which we've appeared to go off the rails.

Keegan said himself in a TV interview not 12 months ago that DoFs do not work as they undermine the manager and the manager and the chairman would be fools to let it happen. Yet still, despite that they hired him and did exactly that to him?

Mindless cunts! :o

Was it just about bums on seats? That didn't even work if that is the case.

I think theres an element and that's what makes the future worse. People are pissed off with the club and football already and that was with Keegan in charge. Given theres no attractive home games until xmas I think we're in for some shit crowds.

Agree except the last bit, i.e. it could and does work with a continental-style coach (ignoring Wise for the minute but with the right DoF/Chief Exec/ Sporting Director or whatever). Why employ Keegan though? Especially if he had no say in who he was working with. Ashley can't be that stupid. Was it just about bums on seats? That didn't even work if that is the case.

I guess it may have been something like that.

But I also think it may have been inexperience as to how football works. You can always sack your manager, but hamstinging one and trying to do 1/2 their job for them just won't work.

Especially with managers like Keegan (or Fergy, or Wenger, Mourinho and manys other), they aren't middle-management poodles as you might find in other businesses NUFC's size.

But I also think it may have been inexperience as to how football works. You can always sack your manager, but hamstinging one and trying to do 1/2 their job for them just won't work.

Especially with managers like Keegan (or Fergy, or Wenger, Mourinho and manys other), they aren't middle-management poodles as you might find in other businesses NUFC's size.

It could only work if the manager (in KK's case) is the undisputed 'main man' with DoF working to what he wants and not setting his own agenda.

It could only work if the manager (in KK's case) is the undisputed 'main man' with DoF working to what he wants and not setting his own agenda.

And that will never happen with the current boys club (unless they bring someone in that is part of it, or simply threatens to lock Wise in a cupboard from the off if he gets in the way :o).

Just watching Alan Oliver on SSN promoting tonights Ronny. GET OUT OF TOON is the headline. Brought a smile seeing AO promoting it.

Was listening to him earlier on Talksport - all along the lines of "they need to pack up and fuck off" and that he'd never known us as angry in 30 years of reporting on the club.

Oddly I found myself agreeing with him - but then I guess he's always been likely to be anti-Ashley ever since the media freeze-out.

As for DoF working with KK, in hindsight it was never going to work. Remember KK's comments 12 months ago?

Keegan was linked with a return to Newcastle in the summer as director of football after lifelong Magpies fan Mike Ashley took control of the club.

Manager Sam Allardyce was reportedly unhappy at the prospect but Keegan says he would never go back to St James' Park in that capacity.

"It's absolutely impossible to give Sam Allardyce a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work," said Keegan.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

Bit the bullet and went on SMB.

Spunk everywhere.

They don't dream of Sunderland success they dream of Newcastle failure and they are all the same.

When ALS publishes 'Let's All Laugh At Newcastle' you might be on to something.