Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement in respect of further comments from Newcastle United F.C.

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

Richard Bevan, LMA chief executive, said:

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

The following quotes are reproduced from published articles:

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

Im glad to see a response - this is going to get dirty and I know whose side Im on

Kevin Keegan said:

Wasted my time, just sent an email with words to that effect to a whole lot of newspapers, for some reason (because it made me feel better :D )

Kevin Keegan said:

Stitch that SportsDirect, you cunts.

As has been mentioned, that statement is utterly pathetic and it says a lot about the pack of crooks, liars and nightclub owners in that boardroom. FACT!!11!O!

Surely no-one in their right mind will fall for the blatant shit-stirring ('Keegan wanted Lampard') either. Fuck off.

As has been mentioned, that statement is utterly pathetic and it says a lot about the pack of crooks, liars and nightclub owners in that boardroom. FACT!!11!O!

Surely no-one in their right mind will fall for the blatant shit-stirring ('Keegan wanted Lampard') either. Fuck off.

They should stick to selling cheap Donnay socks. That's about their level.

I'm beginning to think the stupid cunts have made the massive mistake of thinking all of the fans are as thick as the SJP protesters.

The club statement is jaw droppingly crass - who the fuck are these people

I know its the final fucking straw - theres no way back for them now.

Kevin Keegan said:

That'll do very nicely...

That second bit was the quote I was on about. Can't wait to see what bullshit they come back with this time.

Feel like ringing this Richard Bevan with a simple "thank you on behalf of all the people who actually do give a monkey's about NUFC"

Cunts of the highest order proving that they have no interest at all in what is best for the club. They have now reached a level of bad taste, bad decisions and incompetance that makes Shepherd look like a PR genius.

Get the fuck out of our football club. You are not wanted.

Edited by David Kelly

Good to see Keegan getting his reply in, unfortunately too late for tomorrow's papers but I suppose that's how the club timed it.

So they'll be in Mondays... :D

It's a very shrewd move by Keegan actually. The directors have used details that until now, have been private. Keegan is using quotes and comments that have been publicised in the press.

If the papers ARE working for Ashley, they'll have a job discrediting Keegan on this one seeing as he's using their very work to prove his side of things.

The style of that text is so 13-year-old-trying-to-be-a-smart-ass.....It is a FACT that you said you'd pay me £3 to wash your car every sunday, it is a FACT that I did indeed proceed to wash said car as per verbal contract, it is a FACT that you have failed to pay me this week, it is a FACT that my balls have yet to drop and I've never kissed a girl.

fucking amateurs. piss off out of our region. you are doing untold damage to our club, the repercussions are unfathomable. Can we have our own regional government please? You London centric greedy arrogant piss poor excuses for human beings. Business may be business but this is simply not like any other business, learn the hard way, sell up, fuck off and you may not be hated forever.

All this is because Ashley somehow knows he will never find love. He hates himself.

Edited by trophyshy

Wow how fucking stupid are these blokes? I think they've forgotten that every statement they've put out and every interview they've made since they bought the club can be brought up with ease.

I hate these twats more and more everyday if they keep releasing cracking statements like this the Hull game is going to be something.

It's been mentioned in the press now that Mort left after witnessing a verbal mauling by Wise and Jimenez of Keegan, with Mort being Keegan's "last ally" within the club management structure.

If that's true then the rest of this is clearly just typical disinformation to try and win a publicity war.

Also a £12m transfer budget....... are we Hull now?

"Money is available. If a player becomes available that KK wants and is right for the club we will go for him etc etc"

They are full of fucking lies. 3 years worth of season ticket money, fucking robbing bastards...