Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Hang on, so if that odious little cunt was solely in charge of ins and outs, does that mean we can hold him responsible for failing to shift the Sholanator for the silly money that was being offered by Stoke?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a £12m transfer budget....... are we Hull now?

Who was going to pat for Modric if we only had 12 million. And over 10 million of a 12 million budget was spent on Colo....I don't think so lads, keep churning out the lies though...

Aye they are completely contradicting themselves (unless we only offered £12m - I'm not sure on out in and out balance?) Directly in quotes with what they've said about last word in transfers too.

What really worries me is being controlled by people that think they can get away with lies like that, FFS wouldn't have dared try one on that shameless.

I'm stotting about this disgusting smear campaign from the cockney twats. I'm 49 years old and should be sensible about things that aren't "life and death" but boy am I seething.

I'm about to email Richard Bevan to thank him for telling the truth and sticking up for KK

Here is a link for anyone else who wants to do so too.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/lma/keycontacts-4.html

I got a reply from Mort.

RE: ‏

Sent: Fri 9/05/08 9:05 AM

To: leazeslad30@hotmail.com

Thanks Steve

Having brought KK back to NUFC, I am obviously very disappointed with recent developments. I have not had an involvement with NUFC or individuals there since early June and do not expect to have a role influencing where things go from here.

Regards

Chris

Can't blame him for wanting fuck all to do with it.

KK fighting back through LMA

06 Sep 2008

Statement in respect of further comments from Newcastle United F.C.

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

Richard Bevan, LMA chief executive, said:

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

The following quotes are reproduced from published articles:

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Having brought KK back to NUFC, I am obviously very disappointed with recent developments. I have not had an involvement with NUFC or individuals there since early June and do not expect to have a role influencing where things go from here.

Regards

Chris

Nice one Stevie. :D

Keep e mailing peeps....

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Chris

Nice one Stevie. :icon_lol:

Keep e mailing peeps....

This is why he's hired ex-SAS. :D

I'm sure this has been said more than a few times, but as embarrassing and incompetent Freddy appeared to be, he was a saint compared to the current lot.

Has anyone said sorry to Leazes yet? He was right after all.

You know what, I've defended Ashley a few times over the last months. LM often makes good points but I though he was wrong about Ashley and that I could see the sense in what he was doing. While I still dont necessarily agree on his views on FS, I dont think I've been this wrong about something in a long while.

I feel such a mug.

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Chris

He seems a top bloke tbh. What did you send him?

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Chris

A cockshot.

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

I know you are a busy man so I won't take up too much of your time.

I'm saddened by the fact you left your position at NUFC, the reason I am is because you are probably the best chairman we've had. You communicated with the fans, didn't tell us any lies, and made sure our thoughts and opinions were noted and acted upon.

This new bloke Llambias, is the complete opposite, I don't think I've ever heard his voice, he's clearly not up to it, and this crisis this week, would never have happened had you still been here. It must be boring as fuck being a solicitor compared to the ups and downs as chairman at one of the biggest football clubs in Europe, so I think you should consider coming back, you are very popular on Tyneside, more so than Mr Ashley, and we feel you could steady the ship.

Regards

Steve

I got a reply from Mort.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

I know you are a busy man so I won't take up too much of your time.

I'm saddened by the fact you left your position at NUFC, the reason I am is because you are probably the best chairman we've had. You communicated with the fans, didn't tell us any lies, and made sure our thoughts and opinions were noted and acted upon.

This new bloke Llambias, is the complete opposite, I don't think I've ever heard his voice, he's clearly not up to it, and this crisis this week, would never have happened had you still been here. It must be boring as fuck being a solicitor compared to the ups and downs as chairman at one of the biggest football clubs in Europe, so I think you should consider coming back, you are very popular on Tyneside, more so than Mr Ashley, and we feel you could steady the ship.

Regards

Steve

:D

How the fuck can you expect a manager not to say a word to the media about incoming and outgoing players? This is pretty much an admission from the club that Keegan had no say in transfers at all, despite their earlier claims that Wise was only to look at youth players. It's also an admission that despite our billionaire owner they never planned to spend any significant sums of money this summer without recouping it in sales.

They've done themselves no favours with that.

Didn't someone pull up a quote the other day from Ashley made around June time when he said that Keegan had full involvement in transfer activity within the club? (*)

So which version is bollocks Michael? You tell us!

They're digging themselves a fucking cavern tbh - however they can think that the most pathetic statement I have ever read from a professional business is in any way going to win over the fans in any shape or form is well beyond me.

That reads like a fucking primary school kid who's had to write down justifaction for bad behaviour.

* - someone please find that quote??

Just put my article on your front page.

It will go on N.O. tonight.

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

NEWCASTLE UNITED hit back hard last night at claims that they had forced Kevin Keegan to resign, criticised his approach in the transfer market and said he had refused to abide by the terms on which he took the job.

The board, who are suing Keegan for £2m for alleged breach of contract, issued a strongly-worded statement, insisting that he had been allowed to manage the team “without interference”, and that he had agreed on his appointment in January to report to a director of football.

The statement accused the League Managers’ Association, who are acting on Keegan’s behalf, of “giving rise to a misleading impression” among the club’s fans. One of the directors told The Sunday Times last night: “Right from the start, at his interview for the job, it was made perfectly clear to him the way the club wanted the job done. There was not going to be a Chelsea scenario, with Newcastle paying big money and massive wages for established stars.

“The club was going to be run like Arsenal, and the emphasis would be on scouring the world for the best emerging young talent, like Arsène Wenger has done with Nicolas Anelka, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor. We talked of building the club up over the next three to five years. Kevin sat there, agreed and took the job on those terms.”

Instead, told in the summer that he had a budget of £12m, Keegan proposed signing David Beckham, Ronaldinho, Frank Lampard and Thierry Henry. “It was so bizarre that you had to wonder if he was doing it on purpose, to try to get sacked,” our source said. “There was no getting through to him. What he wanted would have cost the club £200m in transfer fees and wages, and he had been told over and over again that he had around £12m to spend. It is common knowledge that we have been looking for a centre-half. Kevin’s suggestions were Jonathan Woodgate, Sami Hyypia and Richard Dunne. Where’s the residual value in them?

“On the James Milner issue, the truth is that Kevin sat in on a meeting where the sale was discussed. Kevin reckoned James was worth £7m-£8m, and the plan was to use that cash to buy Sebastian Schweinsteiger [from Bayern Munich]. Tony Jimenez [vice-president in charge of player recruitment] did the negotiations with Villa and managed to agree a fee of £12m with them, which was brilliant. Everyone thought it was too good to turn down, so the deal was done. Unfortunately, Schweinsteiger then said he wouldn’t come.”

The board reject suggestions from the Keegan camp that they tried to sell Michael Owen behind the manager’s back. Our source said: “The situation is clear. We didn’t try to sell Michael or speak to any club about him. On the contrary, we have made him a good offer to stay. It is an extended and improved contract, the richest ever offered to any Newcastle player. He has sent a letter back, saying he appreciates the offer, and talks are ongoing.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4693003.ece

THE CLUB WAS STARTING FROM TOO LOW A BASE TO BE RUN LIKE ARSENAL. This chimera is misleading and devious.

Times

Read this and weep some more.

I hope for the sake of my opinion of Keegan it is all bollocks.

This is what I'm scared of, what is going to be the reaction if Keegan has acted like the petulant child these reports suggest, instead of the martyr we expect/believe him to be?

They are talking shit to make him look daft man. The press statement is a pack of lies which contradicts what they have said in the past, and to say things like kevin wasnt allowed to comment to the press about signings or players we sold - come on man its a fucking joke!

I'm just worried is all mate. :D

You aren't the only one, the pictures of Vittere and Jiminez at the Stoke match makes you think that this system was planned or in place when Keegan signed.

The system probably was in place but that doesnt mean that it was advertised to work like it eventually did - freezing keegan out of any decisions related to sale or purchase of player. Do you really think he would have agreed to that.

Im amazed that a very obvious smear campaign is showing signs of success with some people. Even releasing a press statement on a saturday night at 10 is so clearly a tie in with some articles they have managed to line up for the sundays. Its closer to a sun article than a press statement!

He would never have agreed to that.

There is footage the day after Wise was formally hired (probably been in the wings) of Keegan saying: "You will have to talk to Chris Mort the chairman about that, when he comes back".

Clearly KK wasn't consulted or had a blind clue about the arrival of the rat.

And the tone of the statement just pisses me off even more.

It's evidently a public release for legal reasons IMO.

KK will wipe the floor with them in court.

He only needs to call fat Sam as a witness. :D