Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

So if Setanta are right, the situation is he resigned this morning, this is reported on but the talks continue with Ashley persuading him to stay through concessions to whatever it is he wants.

If Sky are right, Ashley has sacked Keegan 3 hours ago and they are still discussing it.

Hmm, the last sacking i saw was a bit quicker than that.

War of the sports channels. Whoever is right wins my subscription.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheres Stevie gone? He needs to let us know more details, if his ITK is on the ball, he must know a bit more about what is going on.

What other details are you after?

All I know is Wise is taking over that's what I was told about 1230 110%.

Wise will get us relegated.

Fucking hell Tom you aren't half dramatic... :lol:

I agree that Wise is not the man to take us forward but I don't think for one minute we'll nose-dive to relegation because of him.

The longer it goes on the more i think Keegan will stay, which will be better for the club in the long run. I'm hoping we dont hear anything till the end of the day. The sooner the news comes the worse it is. The last time this happened it was confirmed as the main headline on the 1pm national news.

Totally the opposite for me, why not just issue a "fuck off" press statement and put an end to the rumours.

Even if he stays the club is being ran as a joke - absolutely no PR whatsoever. A shambles from start to finish.

I see where you're coming from, but no news at the minute is a good thing imo. Obviously there's a rabbit off and something major is happening but if it was all done you'd think it would have been announced now. Perhaps it's just me hoping beyond hope but I feel as long as there are discussions taking place it isn't all over.

Watch it by announced in the next 5 mins he's gone.

Maybe the rumour from my friend is becoming true that Ashley has found some investors.

The longer it goes on the more i think Keegan will stay, which will be better for the club in the long run. I'm hoping we dont hear anything till the end of the day. The sooner the news comes the worse it is. The last time this happened it was confirmed as the main headline on the 1pm national news.

Totally the opposite for me, why not just issue a "fuck off" press statement and put an end to the rumours.

Even if he stays the club is being ran as a joke - absolutely no PR whatsoever. A shambles from start to finish.

I see where you're coming from, but no news at the minute is a good thing imo. Obviously there's a rabbit off and something major is happening but if it was all done you'd think it would have been announced now. Perhaps it's just me hoping beyond hope but I feel as long as there are discussions taking place it isn't all over.

Maybe the rumour from my friend is becoming true that Ashley has found some investors.

Aye, that's basically what I was saying.

Wheres Stevie gone? He needs to let us know more details, if his ITK is on the ball, he must know a bit more about what is going on.

What other details are you after?

All I know is Wise is taking over that's what I was told about 1230 110%.

Wise will get us relegated.

Fucking hell Tom you aren't half dramatic... :lol:

I agree that Wise is not the man to take us forward but I don't think for one minute we'll nose-dive to relegation because of him.

It's all good on paper but the players won't respect wise and nor will the fans

So if Setanta are right, the situation is he resigned this morning, this is reported on but the talks continue with Ashley persuading him to stay through concessions to whatever it is he wants.

If Sky are right, Ashley has sacked Keegan 3 hours ago and they are still discussing it.

The last time I sacked someone it took ages. Union representation etc etc etc.

My gut instinct is that KK has not gone.

Well the last time it happened in mine they were off the premises 5 minutes later, mind you i work for a US firm with different labour contracts. I imagine NUFC isnt somewhere with manager contracts that mean they cant be sacked pretty easily. Its a football club not a car factory.

It'd be a bit fuckin' late if that were true.

War of the sports channels. Whoever is right wins my subscription.

Deal.

Well the last time it happened in mine they were off the premises 5 minutes later, mind you i work for a US firm with different labour contracts. I imagine NUFC isnt somewhere with manager contracts that mean they cant be sacked pretty easily. Its a football club not a car factory.

Negotiating a severance package possibly?

Edited by ewerk

The sacking of the manager isn't comparable. Once the decision get rid is final they don't worry about the details who always get thrashed out much later. So if he was indeed already sacked hours ago there is no reason why the club didn't comment on it.

We need the whole story on this, Ashley is being painted as the villain for sacking Keegan, but there is every chance Keegan has had a huffy strop and has quit, leaving us firmly in the learch, I have every sympathy for Keegan if transfers were being engineered behind his back as this makes his position as manager ( as opposed to just a coach ) pretty much untenable.

I just think we need to hear the whole story before we string Mike Ashley up.

What is strange is how long does it take to sack someone / a bloke to resign?? Severence pay is sorted by agents so I doubt it's that. Only thing I can think of is they are trying to talk him around - but I can't see Ashley doing that. So a bit lost as to what they are actually talking about for nigh on 4 hours.

We need the whole story on this, Ashley is being painted as the villain for sacking Keegan, but there is every chance Keegan has had a huffy strop and has quit, leaving us firmly in the learch, I have every sympathy for Keegan if transfers were being engineered behind his back as this makes his position as manager ( as opposed to just a coach ) pretty much untenable.

some fucking strong string needed :lol:

It'd be a bit fuckin' late if that were true.

Not fore Jan. :lol:

my version was better :lol:

my version was better :D

True :lol:

my version was better :lol:

For modesty you win. :D

I know that sounds logical but I don't buy it, if Keegan's gone it's Ashley's fault. If Keegan's thrown a strop he's got every right to because I haven't seen Ashley backing him much so far.

Would KK's reign be even shorter than Allardyce's in terms of matches btw?

Fuck me. Either way it must be the two shortest tenures in the history of a club not exactly known for hanging onto its managers very long.

Negotiating a severance package possibly?

Like when Allardyce left? If Keegan and Ashley want to go their separate ways, i'd have thought it would have been announced.

They're in talks.

Keegan in the wrong?

:D

:lol:

Very sensible Jimbo.. It's not as if there isn't a little history of walking away..