Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont expect to see Ashley sat with the fans

Seriously WTF is gonna happen next?

He'll get fucking lynched, they all will - it'll be like 300 or something....FFS I am fucking livid. :huh::razz::D

just on the train back up north too, I'm in toon for a meeting tomorrow, anyone wanna meet up about three with some white lightning and pitchforks?

YOU SET OF TOTAL FUCKING IGNORANT GREEDY FECKLESS CUNTS, YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH DOING THIS!

YOU ARE FUCKING WITH A WHOLE COMMUNITY YOU MORONS, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT'LL BE OKAY?

I don't know how everyone else feels but when Shepherd was running the club and carried out one of his major gaffes, I used to console myself in the fact that he was, above all a fan who had a genuine love for the club and the basis of his actions was heartfelt.

The current regime are definitely NOT fans - they're businessmen. They appoint Keegan, not because of the passion, excitement, style of football that he'd bring back to the club but simply because they knew it would whip the supporters into a frenzy. Season ticket sales would be up as would merchandise etc. In short, they were using him as a means to make a quick buck - they've totally ignored what he meant to this club, this city and the fans and more importantly, totally disregarded what they meant to him.

Keegan may have been born in Yorkshire, but he was a geordie at heart from his roots and it showed through and through.

The way he's been treated this last 8 months is an absolute fucking disgrace and I for one will never forgive them for it. People outside the area knock Keegan say he has his flaws which he may have. But the bottom line is, Kevin Keegan was perfect for Newcastle United and Newcastle United was perfect for Kevin Keegan.

I've gone through some hard times following this club over the last 26 years. The failure to keep Arthur Cox, the sale of Waddle, Beardsley & Gascoigne, relegation, play-off misery, almost going out of business and the succession of bad boardroom decisions starting with the dismissal of Sir Bobby, but each time I've just got on with it - accepted that this the nature of the beast of loving Newcastle United.

Today, for the first time ever, I just feel empty. I hope to fuck those five (Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jiminez & Vetere) are already packing their bags in readiness to leave.

The repercussions of this are staggering.

Poor Kev, been fighting these cunts for months.

He'll sell ASAP to any fucker who'll give him just enough.

Freddy to buy back at discounted rate? :huh:

Edited by trophyshy

Kevin Keegan has resigned as manager of Newcastle United after just eight months in charge.

The announcement follows lengthy talks between the 57-year-old and the board.

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Keegan returned for a second spell as manager in January, to the delight of an adoring faithful on Tyneside.

He led the Magpies to safety last season and the club had made a solid start to this season - but Keegan had apparently become increasingly unhappy with the club's management structure.

Shortly after appointing Keegan, chairman Mike Ashley brought in Dennis Wise as a "football-related" executive director while Tony Jimenez was appointed vice-president of player recruitment.

Keegan made clear his feelings about the Premier League club's summer transfer activity at a meeting on Monday - the day the summer transfer window closed.

Following those talks, he was again summoned by the hierarchy on Tuesday morning as strong rumours of his exit surfaced.

Amid protests by angry fans outside St James' Park, the club was forced to deny it had sacked the former England boss, while the League Managers' Association insisted he had not resigned and that talks would continue.

However, in a statement released by the LMA, Keegan announced his departure from the club for a second time.

He added: "It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters.

"I have been left with no choice other than to leave."

The repercussions of this are staggering.

Poor Kev, been fighting these cunts for months.

He'll sell ASAP to any fucker who'll give him just enough.

Freddy to buy back at discounted rate? :huh:

And get keegan back in?