Scottish Mag

Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

There must be a precendent somewhere when the whole management staff were hated by the fans? What happened?

Is there any manager who would appease us?

Guest Stevie
You know what's heartbreaking?

We'll never see KK in the dugout again :huh:

I've been thinking that :razz::(:D last time he tells us its going to be alright, that we are up there with anyone, that we deserve better, Shearer will get it one day, we could win something but the way this has ended for Keegan will stay with me for years, how can a bloke the best bloke in Newcastle's last 40 years be treat like this, how can it end like this? A bunch of bastard southerners pushing him to the end.

Ignoring principles for a moment, doesn't it bother anyone that Keegan wanted to keep Barton, Smith and Milner over some of the players brought in by "the transfer team"?

If he had better options at his disposal, would he have kept them? We're threadbare as it is

go to the hull game, fill the fucking stadium and give 90 minutes of there's only one Kevin Keegan.

By the way, so long as Mike Ashley and his cronies are at the helm, no decent manager is going to even want to look at coming in here. We're resigned to having shite or someone who is 'within their crowd'

They've had a chance in the last 48 hours to fix this sorry mess and it's evident that Wise has been put before Keegan by Ashley.

Get the fuck out - you're not welcome.

Nail/head.

Why Wise specifically? His only remit is to strengthen the academy isn't it?

Ignoring principles for a moment, doesn't it bother anyone that Keegan wanted to keep Barton, Smith and Milner over some of the players brought in by "the transfer team"?

Special K requested Warnock, Schweinstiger and Lennon. His ideas were dismissed out of hand.

I don't know how everyone else feels but when Shepherd was running the club and carried out one of his major gaffes, I used to console myself in the fact that he was, above all a fan who had a genuine love for the club and the basis of his actions was heartfelt.

The current regime are definitely NOT fans - they're businessmen. They appoint Keegan, not because of the passion, excitement, style of football that he'd bring back to the club but simply because they knew it would whip the supporters into a frenzy. Season ticket sales would be up as would merchandise etc. In short, they were using him as a means to make a quick buck - they've totally ignored what he meant to this club, this city and the fans and more importantly, totally disregarded what they meant to him.

Keegan may have been born in Yorkshire, but he was a geordie at heart from his roots and it showed through and through.

The way he's been treated this last 8 months is an absolute fucking disgrace and I for one will never forgive them for it. People outside the area knock Keegan say he has his flaws which he may have. But the bottom line is, Kevin Keegan was perfect for Newcastle United and Newcastle United was perfect for Kevin Keegan.

I've gone through some hard times following this club over the last 26 years. The failure to keep Arthur Cox, the sale of Waddle, Beardsley & Gascoigne, relegation, play-off misery, almost going out of business and the succession of bad boardroom decisions starting with the dismissal of Sir Bobby, but each time I've just got on with it - accepted that this the nature of the beast of loving Newcastle United.

Today, for the first time ever, I just feel empty. I hope to fuck those five (Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jiminez & Vetere) are already packing their bags in readiness to leave.

Agree completely, i'm absolutely sick at all this, and will be forcing myself to go to the Hull match. And now the players including the poor bastards who've just signed are going to have a backdrop of anger and abuse flying round the ground plus no doubt loads of pro Keegan chanting (which i totally undertsand and certainly they should know what we thing of the cunts) but its going to eb horrible to play in.

Basically Ashley has completely fucked this club up, taking us from looking like we were back on track, the perfect choice at the helm and genuine optimism for times ahead to a fucking joke. He should just fuck off now and save 50,000 (well alot less probably!) people telling him to fuck off at the Hull Match.

It doesn't bother me because I backed and trusted Keegans judgement 100% If he felt that these players were worth keeping in the squad and persisting in some cases where other managers failed then I was happy with that.

canceled my setanta

not even a quibble from the retention team

"any reason"

"i'm a newcastle fan keegan just left can't say i'm bothered about watching many matches let alone ones for teams i don't support now"

lad went on a 5min spiel about how he couldn't believe what they did to keegan etc (was a spurs fan and all)

said no problem canceled for ya best of luck

totally gutted

No person in they're right mind would come anyyyyyyywhere fucking near us let alone someone quality

even someone totally detached from the club/country/league wouldn't be that stupid

Real Zarazoga's coach rumoured according to media. <Lol

Whooppedddy dooooo.

Attendence will be down, shirt sales will be down. Nothing can rescue that. I have gone into new depths of apathy.

Fucking heartbreaking the whole thing. Agreed with Craig as well. Hull game, give them everything and show them what we think of them and their pathetic little sycophantic set-up. Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan? Absolute joke. Looks like men like Keegan and Curbishley aren't going to fit into this wonderful modern game.

Special K requested Warnock, Schweinstiger and Lennon. His ideas were dismissed out of hand.

And we ended up with some very good players. I can fully understand the argument that the manager should have full control over the transfers, but not when it comes down to Smith and Barton :huh:

You know what's heartbreaking?

We'll never see KK in the dugout again :huh:

I've been thinking that :razz::(:D last time he tells us its going to be alright, that we are up there with anyone, that we deserve better, Shearer will get it one day, we could win something but the way this has ended for Keegan will stay with me for years, how can a bloke the best bloke in Newcastle's last 40 years be treat like this, how can it end like this? A bunch of bastard southerners pushing him to the end.

<_<: The best thing to happen to our club in my lifetime, cast aside.

Got your boycoutt planned, you miserable, near-glory nostalgic, pathetic excuses for football supporters?

Go and sit outside Keegan's house and cheer him and that trophy he nearly won.

oh fuck off

Another season in ruins tbh.

I also heard he recommended those player aswell and on deadline day the board refused to bid for Warnock.

Also Keegan rejected to let barton go for 1m and in return Papa Diop. Imo: Thats a good deal however Barton stated he wanted to stay, as he owed it to the fans (Fair enough).

Have to be honest i'm not blaming Wise, Jimminez and all the others, it is entirely on Ashley's head. They were brought in to do the jobs he assigned them which they have done, if they weren't following his instructions they and not KK would be out. So i have no axe to grind with them, i'm even in favour of having these roles at the club providing the manager overules them all in saying yes or no to any players in and has complete control of players out, but that didn't happen.

So basically Ashley should fuck off and never come back because he's never going to be able to sit with the fans again after this shit! We can only pray that for once Anal Oliver is right and that there is a chance these investors still want to buy the club from Ashley because he'll be made very aware by the fans he needs to go.

Dickhead younguns at the ground chanting "Shearer" has anyone got a machine gun?

Even if Ashley did ask him, Big Al would tell him to shove it up his arse, he wouldn't touch the job now, not the way things are and rightly so!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Dickhead younguns at the ground chanting "Shearer" has anyone got a machine gun?

LoL how anyone doesnt understand that will never ever happen is beyond me

shearers not that fcking stupid

they just got rid of the man who eclipses even his reputation